Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are they getting rid of glider redeployment when Fortnitemares ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone know what the deal with the floating stuff is? Seen it in a few matches complete with eerie noise.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are they getting rid of glider redeployment when Fortnitemares ends?

They've said the data from their week long glider redeployment experiment means it's staying permanently.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

interpunct posted:

I mean, they're called Fortnitemares Challenges for a reason.

Sometimes I can't put two and two together, hahaha. :doh:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Glider redeploy best. Felt like it should have been there from the beginning. They kinda ruined my old strategy in the desert, rock archway->mexico->rift to wherever (removed), but now I can easily glide down to the end of the waterfall to the rifts there. And if there are none, I can build up and fly away still! Wonder if rifts will end up being removed later on though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Can’t say I’m a fan of glider redeploy, but no point in breaking spears if they say that it stays.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

objectively bad posted:

They've said the data from their week long glider redeployment experiment means it's staying permanently.

Not the result I was hoping for but I'm prepared to give them a chance to see how it plays out properly. Part of why I like it with Fortnitemares is that eventually there will be so many zombies that they'll be breaking all the structures in the later circles, so it's not easy to camp in an outrageously tall building.

At least it means I'll get more use out of my compulsive farming as now I can build offensively tall towers without worrying.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Anyone know what the deal with the floating stuff is? Seen it in a few matches complete with eerie noise.

it's ghosts, dude

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm a big fan of the redeploy. I feel like the strategies will shift towards more chasing, because I've had some great encounters where I or my enemy have flown away only to have the other in hot pursuit. Super cool!

I'm not a fan of these challenges that are stepwise, like "Land at 1. then 2. then 3." but that's just a minor annoyance :shrug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm only sad about glider redeploy because my first Fortnite kill ever came from shooting out a ramp and killing someone with fall damage.

Its near and dear to my heart

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Explosive damage through walls to (rightfully) be rescinded

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Have they fixed the 'play a match with a friend' bug yet?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm only sad about glider redeploy because my first Fortnite kill ever came from shooting out a ramp and killing someone with fall damage.

Its near and dear to my heart

Same here, its even better when you drop two people who are in a build fight.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I still think you shouldn't be able to redeploy off of any crumbling structure, maybe they'll test that out soon. :pray:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
You can drop really far away and if you don't get the circle then you can make it in without spending the entire match trying to catch up.
I've done this sometimes, just barely make it to the circle ahead of the storm only to spend the entire 2 minutes or so running into the next circle.

I doubt they're going to make it so you can't redeploy if the structure is crumbling because it doesn't make any sense. I'm 50m up and go to jump off and my glider doesn't work because someone broke a block 50m away? Those two things have nothing to do with each other and it's completely arbitrary.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Triggs posted:

Have they fixed the 'play a match with a friend' bug yet?

Yes

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nullsmack posted:

I doubt they're going to make it so you can't redeploy if the structure is crumbling because it doesn't make any sense. I'm 50m up and go to jump off and my glider doesn't work because someone broke a block 50m away? Those two things have nothing to do with each other and it's completely arbitrary.

:thunk:

We've... we've been discussing why this is a proposed compromise to redeployment since it was implemented though?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Redeployment is good and being unable to deploy the glider while falling was a very :psyduck: design decision as a new player.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Likely going to be related to a weekly challenge, if I had to guess. Either that or just fun spooky stuff.

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm not a fan of these challenges that are stepwise, like "Land at 1. then 2. then 3." but that's just a minor annoyance :shrug:

I'd like them a lot more if they would update mid-match. Obviously not relevant for the land at <location> ones, but for stuff like the progressive weapon rarity one this week it would've been nice.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Today's the day. Rip, kevin

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That was awesome.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Barely survived long enough but got to see the whole thing. It landed on my finger!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What happened? I missed it.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

People that were near the cube got teleported into the final boss arena of REZ and touched a butterfly made out of a rift.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Cube exploded and took reality with it, everyone was floating in this weird void, portal butterfly lands on your finger and you pop back into the match.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Oh yeah and where the cube was theres now a rainbow outline of a dome.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kevin" I say as I spray down 10th butterfly sniffer in a row right out the not-Warframe portal.

Real talk, this was a cool event but I'm baffled that there was someone at Epic willing to sign off a black, rather than purple, Lil' Kev.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Dropped in at five minutes til expecting things to be mostly calm and peaceful like the rocket launch event.

Nope.

Assholes everywhere, a massive slaughter.

Dropped from the match after getting downed and managed to get back in on time, this time keeping in the air as long as I could to avoid the inevitable griefing and I was *still* being shot at.

I wish I knew what was wrong with people.

Anyway, then the servers melted so I don't even know if the cutscene is available in the replay system. Wanna get a screencap of my favorite skin smiling at the butterfly rift, didn't have the foresight to take one at the time because I'm an idiot.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

McGlockenshire posted:

Dropped in at five minutes til expecting things to be mostly calm and peaceful like the rocket launch event.

Nope.

Assholes everywhere, a massive slaughter.

Dropped from the match after getting downed and managed to get back in on time, this time keeping in the air as long as I could to avoid the inevitable griefing and I was *still* being shot at.

I wish I knew what was wrong with people.

Anyway, then the servers melted so I don't even know if the cutscene is available in the replay system. Wanna get a screencap of my favorite skin smiling at the butterfly rift.

To be fair, I bet a majority of people playing don’t realize an “event” is happening in game and they’re playing normally.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

SeANMcBAY posted:

To be fair, I bet a majority of people playing don’t realize an “event” is happening in game and they’re playing normally.

This was literally my second game - I thought this was par for the course :)

Also, do people actually play solo? It doesn't seem like the best way to play the game.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

SeANMcBAY posted:

The event was announced through the mandatory news popup thing.

You'd have to be a goddamn idiot not to know or notice.

Probably explains a lot.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why would anyone ever read that popup

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

And the Fortnite lore gets more confusing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tezzeract posted:

This was literally my second game - I thought this was par for the course :)

Also, do people actually play solo? It doesn't seem like the best way to play the game.

Yes, plenty of people play solo. There’s no best way, so to each it’s own.

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

I dropped down to the overpass which was fairly far away from the bus lane and hid in a tree then a bush. Neat thing tho, glad I caught it.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Tei posted:

And the Fortnite lore gets more confusing.

I'm personally thoroughly convinced that Epic has no actual lore for BR and they're just screwing around in order to lightly justify gameplay experiments.

I mean, the thing they did with "worlds collide" that felt a lot like an ARG but went nowhere? What a wasted opportunity. They can't have screwed that up on purpose.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yes, plenty of people play solo. There’s no best way, so to each it’s own.

Are there any good guides? I was literally just trolling around and used balloons float slowly behind a guy and 'win' a gun fight with an infinite xbow.

I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. I think I lost my first match 18 seconds in :3:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tezzeract posted:

Are there any good guides? I was literally just trolling around and used balloons float slowly behind a guy and 'win' a gun fight with an infinite xbow.

I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. I think I lost my first match 18 seconds in :3:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXm4ijgo1i0F-4i9XxZB3C-jmrfFdUjld This guy makes cool videos, you can just check out those addressing things you worry about.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

McGlockenshire posted:

Wanna get a screencap of my favorite skin smiling at the butterfly rift, didn't have the foresight to take one at the time because I'm an idiot.

Yay, replays work!

I flew around the rift dimension a bit. Lots of the "other players" are flat textures. The butterfly rift thing only plays for the player that recorded the replay. The moment with the smile is washed out by the rift being a rift, so instead I captured a moment of awe.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Enjoying cross playing with gf, killed by someone very clearly speed hacking named "lol SuckMyDick". His life is worth less than a truck load of dead rats in a tampon factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't believe the Durrburger is closed 😭😭😭😭