Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Phenotype posted:

I liked it, but I would have honestly traded their entire line-up of side characters to have Dennis there instead. How could they do the Super Bowl episode without him, this late in the season?

I think it's interesting to see scenes/episodes he's not in because he is usually the one taking lead. Not sure how improv their stuff still is but you can tell Dennis is usually driving the scene and the others are just reacting to what he says and does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I loved this ep, though I understand nothing about the Super Bowl.

Dee's denial of pink eye is intense...

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Oh man I loved it. That was a great episode. What's more, it retroactively made Charlie's home alone ep better by tying together the big payoff.
Also explains the waiter's comments to Dee on the plane in the boggs episode. Poor guy.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

FELD1 posted:

I was really stoked that they brought the waiter back again, and even more stoked that Frank tied his shoelaces together.

Am I crazy or was he in an earlier episode this season and referenced waiting on them in Minnesota?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TraderStav posted:

Am I crazy or was he in an earlier episode this season and referenced waiting on them in Minnesota?

He mentioned waiting on them at the super bowl during the boggs episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TraderStav posted:

He was an airline attendant and mentioned being at the Super Bowl waiting on them. Of course the last 2 episodes occurred prior to the rest of the season ;)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I liked the Dee/Mr Magoo bit but was disappointed it didn't have more of a payoff.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

snoremac posted:

I think they originally wrote Dennis into that script and then absorbed him into Mac because it’s more like Dennis to worry about the group looking decent in public.

I had the same thought, but it worked out imo

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Moacher posted:

Oh man I loved it. That was a great episode. What's more, it retroactively made Charlie's home alone ep better by tying together the big payoff.

Agreed. My opinion of the first half went way up when it finished tying together, and I'd really like to see a version where the two are edited together.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TTBF posted:

Agreed. My opinion of the first half went way up when it finished tying together, and I'd really like to see a version where the two are edited together.

I liked that they were separated. I know a lot of people were down on both episodes, but I really liked Charlie having his own adventure and then only coming in at the end of the second one. It reminded me of that old South Park series of episodes where you saw things from different group's perspectives over one night.
'

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
How could anyone bump Cricket? The man is a survivor.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked the Dee/Mr Magoo bit but was disappointed it didn't have more of a payoff.

I would watch a whole episode of just blind Dee walking through unlikely situations, like wandering across a board dangling from a crane, stepping onto the deck of a boat...

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Kaitlin Olson is a master of physical comedy, like it's criminal that she's not considered one of the loving slapstick greats.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

ChesterJT posted:

I think it's interesting to see scenes/episodes he's not in because he is usually the one taking lead. Not sure how improv their stuff still is but you can tell Dennis is usually driving the scene and the others are just reacting to what he says and does.

I remember seeing an interview Glenn did a while back in which he was pretty adamant about the fact that everything is 100% scripted. But that being said there are clearly some improvised moments throughout the history of the show. I think he just wanted to make a point of giving credit to the writers (who also happens to be him + Charlie & Rob a lot of the time)

But yeah I fully agree with snoremac about Mac acting an awful lot like Dennis this episode, that's a good observation. Also can't help but notice how everyone seems to generally be happier when Dennis isn't around but that topic's been explored many times in Sunny, lol

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's clear there's a script but it's also clear when you watch outtakes and see people putting a different spin or entirely improving with each different take.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
'Always Sunny' cast to knock on doors for Dem in tight Calif. race
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/414575-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-cast-to-knock-on-doors-for-dem

I would loving flip if I heard a knock at the door and any of the cast was there, especially DeVito.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's great the biggest pieces of poo poo on tv are cool folks in real life.

And the best person ever on the show is a real life kiddie diddler. What a world!

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Are they going to do another season after this one? I've loved all of the episodes this year so far apart from the first one and I'd hate to think that there was only one more unseen episode of sunny ever.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I believe they've already signed for season 14

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zombie Squared posted:

Are they going to do another season after this one? I've loved all of the episodes this year so far apart from the first one and I'd hate to think that there was only one more unseen episode of sunny ever.

uhh yeah, except you missed the suicide pact episode

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

1glitch0 posted:

And the best person ever on the show is a real life kiddie diddler. What a world!

Dave Foley?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dennis and Dee’s real dad

“Maybe he’s banging dudes!”
“So what?”
“....what if the dudes are babies?!?”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

life ← fantasy

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Collins#Sexual_abuse_allegations_and_confession
Wow

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yep.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

holy poo poo I had no idea he was Jake in Tales Of The Gold Monkey

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
We have to make a song about how we don't diddle kids!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Interesting how the one philanthropist in the show turned out to be a full on rapist.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It is pretty funny that Mac's just as insane as the rest of the gang when Dennis is "in charge", but becomes the voice of reason when he's gone. Totally believable group/friend dynamic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Laterite posted:

It is pretty funny that Mac's just as insane as the rest of the gang when Dennis is "in charge", but becomes the voice of reason when he's gone. Totally believable group/friend dynamic.

Everyone wants to be part of the mob, but someone has to step up and be the leader.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was a surprisingly wholesome ending to that episode and I really loved it. Everybody was so happy :)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really like the way the show has shifted The Waitress from being somewhat sympathetic albeit slightly pathetic to being just the worst.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

TheBizzness posted:

I really like the way the show has shifted The Waitress from being somewhat sympathetic albeit slightly pathetic to being just the worst.

Yeah, she's a Patriots fan.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yeah, she's a Patriots fan.

Precisely.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TheBizzness posted:

kinda what the gang did to cricket

:smith:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Were people laughing during that episode? I wasn't a huge fan of that one.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

Were people laughing during that episode? I wasn't a huge fan of that one.

Um yea. The last 2 weeks are top 20 material. l

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If it weren't for Charlie eating the rat, I would have really enjoyed it. Him eating the rat and then throwing up bits of rat over the rest of the episode was too much.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think a few other people like this week's episode more than I did, but Mac congratulating Frank with "This Minnesota rube's not ready for your big city shenanigans!" was an all-time top tier line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

If it weren't for Charlie eating the rat, I would have really enjoyed it. Him eating the rat and then throwing up bits of rat over the rest of the episode was too much.

There 1 was scene immediately following the eating of the rat where Charlie threw up. After that it was not a thing. And it's gag humor for sure, but hardly would say it was over the top. Not even the first time this season they showed people throwing up.