Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Imagine being famous for repeatedly being too stupid to be effectively evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

Imagine being famous for repeatedly being too stupid to be effectively evil.

Speaking of that...

https://twitter.com/jacobawohl/status/1058097097608699909?s=21
https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1058112361972682753?s=21
https://twitter.com/muhmentions/status/1058118054176063488?s=21

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Midnight Voyager posted:

Probably because sheep are dumber than a bag of hammers.
HEY

leave sheep alone

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I SEE 👀ALOT OF NEGATIVE ➖ RESPONSES TO CHITTERLINGS🐷,,I GREW UP WITH MY FAMILY👨‍👩‍👧 EATING👨‍🍳 THEM AND I'M 50👵 AND I'M STILL IN GOOD HEALTH💪🏼🏃‍♂️..BUT THE SAME NEGATIVE PEOPLE WILL EAT RAW SUSHI🍣,,HALF DONE STEAKS,🍖,CHINESE FOOD🍲 KNOWING THAT THEY DON'T USE GENUINE PORK🐷 AND BEEF🐃 SO FORTHCOMING...LIKE ANY OTHER STYLE OF MEAT🍗 YOU BUY THEM 💵CLEAN THEM 💦SEASON THEM AND EAT THEM ..TO ALL CHITTERLINGS EATERS ENJOY YOUR FOOD👌🏽..GOD BLESS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This guy is running for reelection to Congress in Nebraska, he's a shoe in. Someone defaced one of his campaign signs, probably happens constantly all over the country every day. Some University of Nebraska professor liked a picture of the sign on Facebook. This made Fortenberry lose his mind and he sicced his CoS on the guy, had him call him up threaten to try to get him fired and get a right wing social media mob on his rear end. The prof taped the call and got it to the press and now it's a national story and now all millions of people will ever know about Jeff Fortenberry is

People never learn

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Alexa what's a "chitter-ling."

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

zoux posted:

This guy is running for reelection to Congress in Nebraska, he's a shoe in. Someone defaced one of his campaign signs, probably happens constantly all over the country every day. Some University of Nebraska professor liked a picture of the sign on Facebook. This made Fortenberry lose his mind and he sicced his CoS on the guy, had him call him up threaten to try to get him fired and get a right wing social media mob on his rear end. The prof taped the call and got it to the press and now it's a national story and now all millions of people will ever know about Jeff Fortenberry is

People never learn

I think you mean Jeff Fartenberry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is world class sign vandalism. Don't sleep on the Strong Odor flourish either.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

zoux posted:

People never learn
It was a case of the Streisand Effect when he first tweeted about how disrespectful it was, now it's progressing into a new state with this attack on the professor. I don't get why people can't just let it go, why they don't understand that talking about it makes it worse when there's a buffet of examples to draw from in just the last decade alone. Or roll with it and post a picture of yourself with googly eyes.

If you are rich and need advice on how to handle a burgeoning scandal, please pm me my rates are very reasonable.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't get why people can't just let it go, why they don't understand that talking about it makes it worse when there's a buffet of examples to draw from in just the last decade alone.

Pretty sure an overwhelming amount of narcissism comes with the territory for people running for political office.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LawfulWaffle posted:

It was a case of the Streisand Effect when he first tweeted about how disrespectful it was, now it's progressing into a new state with this attack on the professor. I don't get why people can't just let it go, why they don't understand that talking about it makes it worse when there's a buffet of examples to draw from in just the last decade alone. Or roll with it and post a picture of yourself with googly eyes.

If you are rich and need advice on how to handle a burgeoning scandal, please pm me my rates are very reasonable.

Yeah, at first I would think that everyone in public office would have a "humor consultant" but then I remembered that Huckabee did that (or pretended that? I'm still not sure where that landed) and it still can't humanize him.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, at first I would think that everyone in public office would have a "humor consultant" but then I remembered that Huckabee did that (or pretended that? I'm still not sure where that landed) and it still can't humanize him.

Pretended.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LawfulWaffle posted:

Literally the best way to handle it would be to post it and go "yeah, this is funny. Thanks whoever did it, I had a lol."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

Pretty sure an overwhelming amount of narcissism comes with the territory for people running for political office.

Yeah and if you don't have it going in you get it after years of lobbyists buttering you up and telling you how smart and powerful you are.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To go back a few days...

EL BROMANCE posted:

We need to do a Sweet Sixteen tournament bracket for consistent internet idiots.

jesus WEP posted:

waste of time, baked alaska would win at a canter

It's amazing how much can change in a few hours, with Jacob "Dunk City" Wohl proving that even a small fish can catapult himself into internet stupidity stardom from his reply-guy standings.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Huckabee is his own humor consultant.

At least I hope he is, because if he's paying someone for the jokes he tells on Twitter...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

To go back a few days...

It's amazing how much can change in a few hours, with Jacob "Dunk City" Wohl proving that even a small fish can catapult himself into internet stupidity stardom from his reply-guy standings.
i fully and happily retract my statement re: bakedalaska winning

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jesus WEP posted:

i fully and happily retract my statement re: bakedalaska winning

I'm as surprised as anyone. I'm sure Baked is currently screaming at people at a Taco Bell about being ousted, even if only temporarily.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

"Remember me, America? When I killed your healthcare, I talked... just... like... THIS!"

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Extra reading on this guy

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So what do regressive piece of shits think of NPCs having better, more successful, more fun lives than they do?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

So what do regressive piece of shits think of NPCs having better, more successful, more fun lives than they do?

They're just scripted into the program that way. The shopkeeper has a shop, but he's only a tool for the Hero to accomplish his Real task.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Also it's proof that the system is rigged. NPC's who succeed didn't actually earn or deserve it.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

it just means we npc's aren't getting played maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Huckabee is his own humor consultant.

At least I hope he is, because if he's paying someone for the jokes he tells on Twitter...

Capitalism is the most efficient economic system, ergo his jokes are actually funny. Maybe you should hire a joke-getter? I'm available for $5/joke.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The whole NPC thing is even more amusing, because if they consider themselves a PC, then they themselves have even less self-determination; they are puppets of the player, who has only a puppet given to them by the game creator.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Personally, I am ERROR

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1058205476469403648

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU

zoux has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Nov 2, 2018

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If they're PCs that means that God is basically giving them all the advantages and they're still lonely losers.

Imagine like not being able to beat the tutorial. I think they have some similar opinions on cuphead. :thunk:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Personally, I am ERROR

We're all ERROR, friend.

Except BAGU but we like him anyway.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Of course, and nobody wants charcuterie when you can have a bucket of candy, either.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I guess it's the pinnacle of manliness to like fruity cocktails now?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like this is almost one of those "worst person you know says something right" things. He's still a dick for insisting his opinion is objective fact, but at least he's insisting on something that adds to some hyper-manly "I drink whiskey, smoke cigars and cut down trees with my bare hands" image.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Of course, and nobody wants charcuterie when you can have a bucket of candy, either.

Bring me those cured meat and cheeses binch

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I wish he'd drink turpentine.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sunswipe posted:

I feel like this is almost one of those "worst person you know says something right" things. He's still a dick for insisting his opinion is objective fact, but at least he's insisting on something that adds to some hyper-manly "I drink whiskey, smoke cigars and cut down trees with my bare hands" image.

Agreed. It doesn't matter what you drink, or even if you drink. People who use consumables to make a personality are the worst.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Samovar posted:

I guess it's the pinnacle of manliness to like fruity cocktails now?

Considering how many MRA/alt-right/rationalists make videos with glasses of brown liquor that they never drink from, I think it's been that way for a while.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't like it when some idiot/bad person does something whatever and dems trip over themselves to coopt bigoted language just to have a "Gotchya!" moment.

"What!? You don't drink whiskey? Ha you must be a gay and unmanly! This will certainly cut deeper at you and not hurt innocent people at all by continuing these stupid lines of logic"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My experience has been that people who try to prove something using what they consume are super duper ultra insecure.

I'M A MAN SO I CONSUME MAN THINGS LIKE RAW BEEF AND WHISKEY AND SAWDUST IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY THESE THINGS THEN YOU ARE NOT A MAN

So I guess it's manly to eat horribly, develop alcoholism, and die before 50 now?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My experience has been that people who try to prove something using what they consume are super duper ultra insecure.

I'M A MAN SO I CONSUME MAN THINGS LIKE RAW BEEF AND WHISKEY AND SAWDUST IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY THESE THINGS THEN YOU ARE NOT A MAN

So I guess it's manly to eat horribly, develop alcoholism, and die before 50 now?

Be fair, that's always been considered manly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

ToxicSlurpee posted:

As a guy who loves super sweet cocktails and mixers, usually the best way to fend off MANLY DRINK MAN MEN like that is ask if it would be manlier to drink things I don't like purely to impress other men. The competing thoughts of "man drink" and "it's manly to do whatever the hell you want" throws them off.