Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nobody answered before, is Detective Pikachu as fun as it looks? Cause it looks really fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Kirby is named after a lawyer

The lawyer that win the Universal Donkey Kong lawsuit. The thing is they named him that because the Lawyer was apparently really not like Kirby at all and they thought it was funny but now we all just associate the name with the character.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

precision posted:

Nobody answered before, is Detective Pikachu as fun as it looks? Cause it looks really fun.

Pikachu isn't voiced by Danny devito, so I'm gonna say no.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's fun enough. Don't go to it looking for good mysteries, cause it doesn't have those. But for a different take on the Pokemon setting it's pretty neat.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Yall I'm very excited for Darksiders 3

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

al-azad posted:

*italian chef kiss* diss game gon be good

That game had some drat fine main menu music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEXNKplqVU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Destiny 2 base game is now F2P I think? Just mentioned at Blizzcon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

It's fun enough. Don't go to it looking for good mysteries, cause it doesn't have those.

Return of the S. S. Anne

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Destiny 2 base game is now F2P I think? Just mentioned at Blizzcon
wow, that retroactively made that month of ps+ even worse than it already was

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Not sure if anyone remembers the game The Quiet Man from E3 but it was released yesterday and holy poo poo is it a mess. Lots of reviews are calling it "The Room of videogames" and after going through it they are spot on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm it looks like it's only for the PC and it's just a limited-time offer, have to claim before Nov 18
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1058422046617559040

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm it looks like it's only for the PC and it's just a limited-time offer, have to claim before Nov 18
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1058422046617559040

no

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Oh nice, Cities Skylines is in the new Humble Monthly! That game has always interested me but it's just been a little too expensive, plus the dlc is all pretty pricey as well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

precision posted:

I dunno much about the gameplay up to now but the setting is rad af. Plus he was very funny from what I played. There's a running gag where only the player character understands him that made me laugh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Skypie posted:

Yall I'm very excited for Darksiders 3

I heard they estimate it will be around 15 hours, which is a good game length for my working adult life. No minimap to increase immersion is a bit concerning, though. I'm fine with it being Darksoulsders, but maps are good.

Also Fury is supposedly the most powerful horseman.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

15 hours for an action game seems like way too much!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's about the same length of time it took me to finish Bayonetta.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

15 hours for an action game seems like way too much!

Seems pretty normal to me

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

I heard they estimate it will be around 15 hours, which is a good game length for my working adult life. No minimap to increase immersion is a bit concerning, though. I'm fine with it being Darksoulsders, but maps are good.

I hope her horse is cool, Death and War have some of the coolest video game horses ever

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope she has a horse summoning button but it never actually summons a horse because she's always somewhere that is no place for a horse.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

At this point we should take a page from Good Omens and start calling them Horsepersons

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

At this point we should take a page from Good Omens and start calling them Horsepersons

That's a centaur

al-azad
May 28, 2009

God of War came out in 2005 with the amazing main menu that's just Kratos' face then the camera zooms out and you're in the game. A year earlier Half-Life 2's main menu was a scene from whatever chapter you last saved in. In 1988 Super Mario Bros. 3's main menu is an entire animated segment.

All of this is to say that it really pleases me when a game's menu is a static picture with poorly aligned text.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I CAME BACK FROM SPACE:argh:

sorry

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

al-azad posted:

God of War came out in 2005 with the amazing main menu that's just Kratos' face then the camera zooms out and you're in the game. A year earlier Half-Life 2's main menu was a scene from whatever chapter you last saved in. In 1988 Super Mario Bros. 3's main menu is an entire animated segment.

All of this is to say that it really pleases me when a game's menu is a static picture with poorly aligned text.

The old-school RESIDENT EVIL main menus were the best because the voice line would be mixed at least 40 decibels higher than the ambient music. Put you in the right mood immediately.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The two moods when a new character enters your favorite universe:

https://twitter.com/videodante/status/1058437597695864832

https://twitter.com/transgamerthink/status/1058437670584664064

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the new Diablo is a mobage? lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

the new Diablo is a mobage? lmao

Yea lmao and it looks real bad

The pity applause(or plain silence) from the audience is very telling.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They are bringing back warcraft 3 I guess.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Hold on maybe it's like how there was a (new) mobile Elder Scrolls and ESVI announced a few months ago.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Why do they even do BlizzCon any more? Just make a shorter e-sports event or whatever if that's the only thing you're doing besides announcing characters in a released game, a mobile game no one wanted, and having your only somewhat exciting thing be a remake of a game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think they skipped Blizzcon one year because there was nothing new to announce, prolly should have done the same here.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe skipping looks bad to investors or something.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

chumbler posted:

Maybe skipping looks bad to investors or something.

They're the ones the mobile game is for.

But now watch it not even be released in certain parts of Europe because of how the revenue-making mechanics work.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe they gave McCree a robot wife.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

why did they put sae niijima's shadow in bendoverwatch

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mobile Diablo is trash but will make tons of money. Blizz saw how many units games like Dungeon Hunter or Eternium push and made their own thing. Additionally item shops are a total norm on mobile so they could put all auction houses they wanted into ti and people would praise them for it - I'm surprised it took them so long.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: Meh, no need to be lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Monks are now brown because they removed witch doctors :eyepop:

• Locked thread