Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Here's a question - who is the worst hero to have on free rotation week? I had previously thought something like Vikings or Abathur but I've seen some Kel'thuzad things this week...last game lasted 20mins and he had 9.5k Hero dmg at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's still TLV and Abathur, some of the more big brain characters can definitely get fumbled pretty bad, but those two are bar none the worst for having pure negative and pure zero impact respectively in the hands of stupids.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Free illidan and alarak weeks are usually pretty bad as well, but not on par with abathur and tlv

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Froghammer posted:

So how broken would Rexxar be if you could issue separate commands fully a la Lost Vikings, but with the "you can't get too far away from Misha before Misha defaults to running towards you" leash?

Isn't that his control scheme originally was when he came out? If I remember right he had multiple commands he could issue misha that made her much more independently controllable. And then they dropped it for the simplified one he has now

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Isn't that his control scheme originally was when he came out? If I remember right he had multiple commands he could issue misha that made her much more independently controllable. And then they dropped it for the simplified one he has now

Nah his old one and new one do the same things just work slightly differently in how you do it.

Also TLV is the worst free hero since they're completely useless on 2 lane maps in addition to being hard to play.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I love queuing into TLVs as Murky and completing slime time at record pace thanks to the guy who shows up with all 3 vikes to the team fight.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What? If they're in sonya's arena from the level 20 heroic leap, they won't get knocked out by barrel. You just go into the arena and barrel and start spinning them. It was a funny thing to do back when the game first came out but I haven't seen it in a while

Can also add lurking arm now to make sure people don't get out.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Now you guys can eat your hated of Lucio. Apparently.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Orphea confirmed.

Edit: Darth Vader is her father.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 2, 2018

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Nexus character, lol this game is dieing

edit : Janitor Leoric Meme skin, very dead game

skipThings fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 2, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

that cinematic was awful. she looks like a fun char tho. a moving mage, hopefully squishy tho

lmao janitor leoric is god tier

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
LEORIC JANITOR

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

HOLY gently caress
SQUEAKY KING

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Janitor Leoric confirmed!

Edit: trailer guy announcer too.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Okay .. that leoric skin is great.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
CATAPULT UPDATE WILL CHANGE THE META

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It's loving wild to me that Janitor Leoric was able to save the Orphea announcement

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Now we can afflict other blizz games with hots original characters crossovers

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WVoeUUeYehY

Orphea spotlight up

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hope the guy who came up with Janitor Leoric gets it free.

ToastyPotato posted:

Last hitting/denying only exists because of limitations from the original WC3 engine (IIRC) and its continued existence is nothing more than a testament to nerds clinging to arbitrary complexity in games because they think it provides some kind of depth ( and therefore is an accomplishment to learn). It doesn't actually make sense in the flow of the game at all since it doesn't accomplish almost anything besides slowing things down a bit

Words of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about!

Denying is extremely useful in controlling where your lane is, which is extremely important since you don't want to just smash the wave into the enemy tower like in HotS.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

That looks fun as heck.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
These gameplay changes are weird. No more XP for killing forts and keeps. Catapults only every 3rd wave. Other random XP changes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Elysium posted:

These gameplay changes are weird. No more XP for killing forts and keeps. Catapults only every 3rd wave. Other random XP changes.

is there a list, i didn't see that part

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22556628/heroes-of-the-storm-2019-gameplay-updates-2018-11-2/

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Elysium posted:

No catapults for keeps are staying the same. They’re adding catapults every third wave for forts.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Why would adding a catapult earlier avoid snowballing?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

quote:

Boost_NoText.jpg

What was once called a Stimpack is now a Boost, and in addition to buffing your XP and Gold gains, all players on a team will receive 5% bump in experience for each active Boost at the end of each match. That mean players can receive up to a 45% XP bonus if all 10 players in game have a Boost active! In addition to these stacking Boost XP buffs, you’ll also be able to retroactively Boost your Gold and XP gains at the end of a match by applying a Boost from the Score Screen.

whaaat?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
yikes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why would adding a catapult earlier avoid snowballing?

Pushes the lanes deeper into the opposing side of the map automatically and faster allowing a safer acquisition of XP.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

so killing a fort gives a catapult every 3 waves

also, they're changing armor to not 'stack' anymore

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

...at all? I thought they'd just make it a multiplicative thing instead of an additive thing, like every game ever has done.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Cuntellectual posted:

I hope the guy who came up with Janitor Leoric gets it free.

Words of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about!

Denying is extremely useful in controlling where your lane is, which is extremely important since you don't want to just smash the wave into the enemy tower like in HotS.

That doesn't change my opinion at all. Targeting my own dudes to manage when they hit enemy towers is stupid. That's even more stupid than killing them to prevent the enemy from getting XP/gold. Again, it is a dumb mechanic born out of Dota being a mod for an old game. And now people defend it like it is some kind of 4D Chess. It's silly and basically a few steps away from being Calvinball levels of silly.

The new booster system seems pretty nice. I'm just happy Leoric finally got the janitor skin. I dunno how the XP changes and catapults will change the game for me at my low level.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think the catapults change is intended to give an incentive to play aggressively in lane

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

I think the catapults change is intended to give an incentive to play aggressively in lane
lol nice

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's to compensate for no longer gaining a chunk of exp when destroying forts

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought the chansey was joking by repeating their justification for removing ammo.

Halving tower exp is loving lol. They already give nothing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Your prize for playing dangerously and dominating your lane: a catapult every minute and a half.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Sweet League of Legends character, but why are they announcing it at Blizzcon?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

ALL SHALL SWIFFER, AS I HAVE SWIFFERED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Orphea rules, Imperius drools.

Anyway no new hero is going to save this game, so I hope there's some serious system changes being considered in their deep dive wise otherwise it's gonna be a real rough year for this game