Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

That’s awesome Plan Z. Good on ya. You probably made that kids night.

Edit: well that and the pillowcase full of candy he probably had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did you ask if he needed healing?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

you should have said "hey can you switch off"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

should have told him it means he's destined to die alone having failed his friends

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I'm sure you made that kid's night considering when people wear a recognizable costume they want to be recognized. my co-worker was dressed as the lead witch from hocus pocus and no one but me recognized it she said she was down about her costume choice but it getting recognized made her feel better.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

AkumaHokoru posted:

I'm sure you made that kid's night considering when people wear a recognizable costume they want to be recognized. my co-worker was dressed as the lead witch from hocus pocus and no one but me recognized it she said she was down about her costume choice but it getting recognized made her feel better.

If she were dressed like Sarah Jessica Parker from that movie, they probably would have been a lot nicer to her.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

plainswalker75 posted:

If she were dressed like Sarah Jessica Parker from that movie, they probably would have been a lot nicer to her.

But then HR likely has to get involved and that's never fun, better option is to dress up as the immortal cat who is actually a cursed hunky teen

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New hero is McCree rival Ashe the bounty hunter who seems to be anti sniper.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

New hero is McCree rival Ashe the bounty hunter who seems to be anti sniper.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1058436526005137408

^ Video of her. I look forward to shot gun jumping myself into the air and then immediately getting head shot by Widow.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Shock combos are always cool I look forward to never playing her because my aim is wretched.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is that Southern Jennifer Hale?

Also, uh, is Bob her ult or a second new hero?

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Super stoked for a future of instalocked Ashe/McCree/Genji/Hanzo/Widow teams.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
hell fuckin' yeah another sniper let's just run this game into the loving ground!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

nickhimself posted:

hell fuckin' yeah another sniper let's just run this game into the loving ground!

What part of the shotgun makes you think she is a sniper?

Looks more like mid/short range gun with short range AOE blast dynamites.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

adhuin posted:

What part of the shotgun makes you think she is a sniper?

Looks more like mid/short range gun with short range AOE blast dynamites.

I don't know... all of the other scenes with her aiming down her RIFLES sights?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Is it a shotgun? Looks like a .30-30 Winchester inspired lever action rifle to me

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ashe has two guns. Her primary is a rifle with ADS, and she has an ability that's a gently caress-off sawed off double barrel shotgun.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 2, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Triple sniper meta confirmed. :v:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I dunno if it's bad that the third Widow main to join every game will pick her, or good because otherwise he'd be playing Genji.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

hobbesmaster posted:

Triple sniper meta confirmed. :v:

But Ana been here for a while now.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I thought the McCree video was fun hitting every western trope there is.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Hard to be sure but I think Ashe is more midrange, possibly her scope is shorter than Widow's, but clearly her hipshooting mode is meant to be used as opposed to Widow's SMG. But does dynamite ignore shields? Seems odd to show it clowning 2 shield users when you'd expect them to be fine.

It's definitely Hale? Hope we get some Cmdr Sheppard references in her voice lines.

BOBs design is too cool to not go into the game, stoked to see he's the ultimate. And he sweats oil somehow.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

He has metal joints. Fill her ult and win ticks on control points.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

But Ana been here for a while now.

:hmmyes:

Quad sniper

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Ashe is for those players that want to try out Ana but don't want to feel dirty by doing any of this gay healing stuff.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bob just makes me sad because he could have been a tank hero in his own right.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Bob just makes me sad because he could have been a tank hero in his own right.

Yeah basically. I'm really not sure the game needed another dps but maybe she's not the terror Widow/McCree hybrid it looks like she is. Regardless, I look forward to never playing her because I suck at hitscan.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah basically. I'm really not sure the game needed another dps but maybe she's not the terror Widow/McCree hybrid it looks like she is. Regardless, I look forward to never playing her because I suck at hitscan.
Jeff said on emongg's stream just now that this is basically red meat thrown to DPS mains because they've introduced a lot of tanks and healers lately and they plan to introduce a lot more.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

kill all dps mains

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

flakeloaf posted:

He has metal joints. Fill her ult and win ticks on control points.

:golfclap: I appreciated this

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

the song is playing in my brain

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I will tolerate Ashe because it gets a robot with a mustache and tiny hat in the game. Wanna rob a stagecoach with that omnic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I will tolerate Ashe because it gets a robot with a mustache and tiny hat in the game. Wanna rob a stagecoach with that omnic.

I want that omnic as a tank character. :(

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I want that omnic as a tank character. :(

Coolest omnic character design in the game and they had to go with generic cowboy lady. It's a drat, waste, it's what it is.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

delete ashe

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm more upset about them teasing that robot lady at the end and instead we got Ashe. Like yeah Ashe looks cool but I wanna know more about robot lady.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Is it a shotgun? Looks like a .30-30 Winchester inspired lever action rifle to me

you're right. it's not a shotgun or a sniper rifle

she looks fun tho and her design is cool as hell. idk about her buddy tho. if it's an ult, that's weird

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're right. it's not a shotgun or a sniper rifle

she looks fun tho and her design is cool as hell. idk about her buddy tho. if it's an ult, that's weird

According to the chill thread he can be nanoboosted and contests the point :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

I'm more upset about them teasing that robot lady at the end and instead we got Ashe. Like yeah Ashe looks cool but I wanna know more about robot lady.

I bet when they first storyboarded it they didn't even know which one would be the next hero. They clearly hadn't figured out Ashe's kit yet, since she doesn't use any of it (in fact it looks like she stole McCree's idea with the bombs).