Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Synthbuttrange posted:

So she's invulnerable but still feels the pain of the attack. Annoying!

How else can she learn to improve? Pain is a good motivator!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
on another note, that flavor text about empty palm style being internal and focusing your energies to harden your body... even with the key of kings helping things Allison's already pulling poo poo like this? gently caress yeah! gently caress yeah.

edit: and as others have pointed out, there's no halo, there's barely any glow, she's pretty much barely showing what she's capable of doing now. gently caress. yeah.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 31, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mimesweeper posted:

yeah, that panel is great. you'd think they would have run after that first punch, looks like they're starting to understand the situation a little better

so hype for the rest of this chapter :allears: it would be a sad day when this comic is finally finished except then we can all go read it six billion times

When it's finished I hope we get to see more stuff in the same continuity-verse. New stories, etc.

Be a right shame for something this good to end up as a footnote in comic history.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

DancingShade posted:

When it's finished I hope we get to see more stuff in the same continuity-verse. New stories, etc.

Be a right shame for something this good to end up as a footnote in comic history.

Definitely, I hope so too. If nothing else it'll go down in history as one of the greatest webcomics ever.

I would pay All The Money for a few books about Maya.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh?

Possibly :nws:

https://twitter.com/SIRArtwork/status/1053377312975192065

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I preferred Clevin

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

wtf

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hope whomever that gets stuck into knows how to do the diamond body thing.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

So she's invulnerable but still feels the pain of the attack. Annoying!

There's a tiny, tiny mark on her eye, so she's not fully invulnerable

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

White Chain does it much better in the first book when they block that one leisure kicks angel's knife with a pinky finger.

So the heights are there, and attainable.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Mimesweeper posted:

yeah, that panel is great. you'd think they would have run after that first punch, looks like they're starting to understand the situation a little better

After watching a guy get exploded into the ceiling: "gently caress yeah, a good fight! We got this!"

After watching their target get stabbed in the eye so hard they break the knife, which seems to only make them angrier: "...Maybe we don't got this..."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yes

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hremsfeld posted:

After watching a guy get exploded into the ceiling: "gently caress yeah, a good fight! We got this!"

After watching their target get stabbed in the eye so hard they break the knife, which seems to only make them angrier: "...Maybe we don't got this..."

I feel like maybe the upstairs guy is just sort of a human goblin doorbell, if you can't at least kick him off the balcony to get people's attention, you aren't worth the time of the people having fun downstairs. When he comes crashing down with sufficient force they know there's someone worth getting hype about.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hremsfeld posted:

They're in a multiverse with a lot of very, very strong people. They probably tangle with them a lot. If they run from every person with a superpunch they wouldn't be much of a gang.

And look at the expression of the human woman when she pulls out her knife. She loving LIVES for this. (Although she seems to have noped out after getting a closer look at Allison's nimbus.)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThaumPenguin posted:

Gonna have to wear an eyepatch for ages, too. Lensing gets messed up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The scratch is clearly on the white.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Mimesweeper posted:

you'd think they would have run after that first punch, looks like they're starting to understand the situation a little better
It's Throne! This kinda poo poo happens all the ti... oh. oh.

yep.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

is that a bojack crossover

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Bojack would pull a Louie CK, wouldn’t he.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

BoJack is all about his Id, so he'd probably fit in with true Royalty. His crippling self-doubt wouldn't do him any favours though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Reminded me of an old comic

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ThaumPenguin posted:

I had to lean real close to my monitor to see that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That mark on her eye is from when she went to the beach and rubbed her eye. The knife poked her on the iris, not the white.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

There was an artist on a forum/IRC channel I used to frequent that had a style a bit like that. He used to draw a lot of strange erotica and, like, soccer balls? Dude was seriously not okay upstairs.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I just saw the preview comic and even without colors or words I love this comic so much

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Xand_Man posted:

I just saw the preview comic and even without colors or words I love this comic so much

this is cruel and unusual :argh:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Holy cow the framing on this one

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It's good and I love the dynamic entry

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I love the dramatic *woosh* in the middle of page 2-20

Like it says woosh right there, it's great

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1058447939599769600

Yep, the gang must be the Golden Pearl, last seen in chapter one being clowned on by White Chain.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uh

yes

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh. I guess I misremembered that page. I thought she said "The Guilded Cage" and that she was fighting THIS gang to track down THAT one. I guess it makes more sense because they're pretty well established on Hell 71. So... Ignore me.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yesss that entrance. The original pages of this section already indicated that White Chain was having Alison follow in their footsteps, but this callback to Vash does a lot to really make me feel that.

Also that style. So intimately aware of your body that its imperfections eventually drive you insane. :stare:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yep, the gang must be the Golden Pearl, last seen in chapter one being clowned on by White Chain.

I mean they've got golden pearls right there on the back of their jackets

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1058447939599769600

Renaissance Robot posted:

I get a lot of Akira vibes from the cool demon orc not-a-biker-gang gang

I love it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

i dum ok

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

"She knows fist arts!"

I can actually hear the goon voice. Perfect.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pacra posted:

I get a lot of Akira vibes from the cool demon orc not-a-biker-gang gang

I love it

iirc theyre basically goblins in ksbd the way mammon is a dragon

theyre servants whose original purpose as designed by koss was to clean and maintain sewers iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tollymain posted:

theyre servants whose original purpose as designed by koss was to clean and maintain sewers iirc

Koss: I need to create a race to clean and maintain the sewers.

Also Koss: And their primary sense will be smell.

TL;DR: Koss was a colossal dick.