Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

tacodaemon posted:

the Women's March leaders clearly felt they had to earlier this year

quote:

Leaders of the Women’s March addressed the controversy surrounding colleague Tamika Mallory, during a roller disco event with Gilt on Tuesday.

In February, Mallory attended an anti-Semitic speech by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who called Jews “Satanic,” alleged they run the government and help the FBI manipulate marijuana to feminize black men.

“I am just gonna state the obvious, what [Farrakhan] said was anti-Semitic, transphobic and homophobic, and that’s pretty clear,” the org’s Sophie Ellman-Golan told us.

“It’s been a really painful week,” she said. “It’s really hard when you bring together communities who have never organized together before . . . You will inevitably have to grapple with some pretty real and hard differences. I think every single person here had fought . . . the urge to walk away and go back to our own community because it’s hard, because we’re angry and we have chosen to stay because I don’t think these problems are going to go away.”

Wtf women you need to get your poo poo together

Roller disco? Seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

....go on

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

sloppo posted:

Yakuza 0 was fantastic, highly recommend

it's the only one in the series i played and i have no idea what Yakuza game to play next, theres like 6 of em and theyre all being remastered extremely rapidly

if you played zero play Kiwami, then Kiwami 2

by the time you finish both of those they will probably have released up to kiwami 5 so you're good

ALSO protip if you have PS+ then Kiwami 1 is free in november

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan/status/1058419782175797248

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sorry but all leftists are responsible for what one women's march leader did now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

Roller disco? Seriously?

I don't think the leadership of the women's march grasps the big picture issues of american politics. Or at least quite a few don't.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yakuza is soap opera for nerds

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

poo poo i thought they already caught florida man

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DiscountDildos posted:

Roller disco? Seriously?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1058401405957009408

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

I don't think the leadership of the women's march grasps the big picture issues of american politics. Or at least quite a few don't.

i cant believe wealthy beltway liberals live in a bubble

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

its so long.

im planning on playing the remakes in order since apparently there's an ongoing story between the games

yes here is the overarching yakuza story:

-get drunk
-play minigames
-eat food
-beat the gently caress out of people
-defend gay adopted dad's honor

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Not sure how I feel about this. I hate hard alcohol, but I also hate conservative dwarfs.

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1058476052794761216

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait is that shirt with the gold chains on it his standard outfit for the rest of the series lol

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

They mock you in cafes and they read the fake news
They think they're so clever and you're such a fool
But you're so loving rich that you're beyond their rule

A ruling class leader is something to be

Disenfranchised and scared for 20 odd years
Still they expect you to be all sincere
And they can't even function with just one career

A ruling class leader is something to be

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Al! posted:

sorry but all leftists are responsible for what one women's march leader did now

to be honest the headline on the article haberman posted was misleading because the actual article is almost all about Mallory

still, and I know my view on this is distorted from living in DC with our unusual local politics, but I feel like you have to live in a pretty white area to think farrakhan is a nobody from the past who no one talks about anymore

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

he's so hideous

Al! posted:

i cant believe wealthy beltway liberals live in a bubble

I'm glad they've done some of the stuff they've done. The first march was a good first step, but overall the follow through misses the point which is just depressing.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Nichael posted:

the big picture is 'work together or die alone, also die together'

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCPG0qqRW8

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

to be honest the headline on the article haberman posted was misleading because the actual article is almost all about Mallory

still, and I know my view on this is distorted from living in DC with our unusual local politics, but I feel like you have to live in a pretty white area to think farrakhan is a nobody from the past who no one talks about anymore

i have less of an issue with the article itself and more of an issue with habes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1058464234558898177

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Al! posted:

See, you can't hold the entire right accountable for the actions of one reality TV star and real estate investor!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

Not sure how I feel about this. I hate hard alcohol, but I also hate conservative dwarfs.

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1058476052794761216

i like salad

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine not loving whiskey lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It tastes bad while beer tastes perfect

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

2DCAT posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i feel bad for any of the people kirk has hired for sex. i hope they're doing okay.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

2DCAT posted:

no

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking about a frosty Bigbeer right now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

vodka is obviously the supreme spirit

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

imagine signing up for a group sex session and you enter the room to see Charlie Kirk diaped up in the corner, smiling

also who would pick whiskey over gin in 'tastes like turpentine'

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

vodka won ww2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

grimes: started dating elon musk and is now a big fan of nerve stapling the proles

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1058441196744261632

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

just in case someone had the same idea:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

grimes: started dating elon musk and is now a big fan of nerve stapling the proles

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1058441196744261632

i like how if/when the trump cult dissipates, we have fifty other right wing technocults to deal with :woop:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a precocious 12 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Good soup! posted:

just in case someone had the same idea:

• Locked thread