Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

I feel like this is almost one of those "worst person you know says something right" things. He's still a dick for insisting his opinion is objective fact, but at least he's insisting on something that adds to some hyper-manly "I drink whiskey, smoke cigars and cut down trees with my bare hands" image.

I'd agree if it wasn't so transparent that he's just trolling because he takes erotic pleasure in being ratio'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Question Mark Mound posted:

As a guy who loves super sweet cocktails and mixers, usually the best way to fend off MANLY DRINK MAN MEN like that is ask if it would be manlier to drink things I don't like purely to impress other men. The competing thoughts of "man drink" and "it's manly to do whatever the hell you want" throws them off.

Yeah, I've gone that route too. I've always been a fan of ports and sherries and it's like gently caress you I'll drink what I want.

I've never really enjoyed mix drinks all that much myself but I'm not going to judge people that do. It's really none of my business. You do you, I'll do me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Now the space aliens running the world are just loving with us.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldDrumpf/status/1058388700617498625

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cythereal posted:

Now the space aliens running the world are just loving with us.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldDrumpf/status/1058388700617498625

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1058424663972478976

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Aaaaaargh why do people think inviting fascists to debate is a good idea. It validates their ideology. It gives them power. It enables them. It makes you complicit in terrorist attacks like the synagogue shooting. You let them have a voice and they use that voice to empower their followers to come out of hiding and assemble. USA, Philippines, Brazil, all of this is because we gave them an equal voice. We're all a bunch if loving idiots and we deserve the proper hell we've created. Canada will be next on the fascist train if Ford is any indication of a political trend.

I may or may not post this response to my aunt defending Steve Bannon visiting Toronto to "debate". I also just want to give up and not deal with it because she's apparently Boogie level centrist now and might be completely hopeless.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

https://twitter.com/poniewozik/stat...of-trademark%2F

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Picnic Princess posted:

Aaaaaargh why do people think inviting fascists to debate is a good idea. It validates their ideology. It gives them power. It enables them. It makes you complicit in terrorist attacks like the synagogue shooting. You let them have a voice and they use that voice to empower their followers to come out of hiding and assemble. USA, Philippines, Brazil, all of this is because we gave them an equal voice. We're all a bunch if loving idiots and we deserve the proper hell we've created. Canada will be next on the fascist train if Ford is any indication of a political trend.

I may or may not post this response to my aunt defending Steve Bannon visiting Toronto to "debate". I also just want to give up and not deal with it because she's apparently Boogie level centrist now and might be completely hopeless.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/speaking-ills-semley

Wendell
May 11, 2003

And then he responds by calling her a oval office. Lovely.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Picnic Princess posted:

Some people think real life is a debate club, and they never grew out of high school.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Darkhold posted:

I'm baffled that this guy doesn't seem to be balls deep into bitcoin. That just seems like the perfect fit for his staggering stupidity/arrogance.

That video was painful to watch. Can he not see his world is about to be crushed when the millstone of the FBI finally starts grinding?

A bit late, but, Bitcoin is a cult of capitalist inadequacy, like libertarianism. People who are doing great at being capitalists have no real need for it, though obviously there are exceptions. It's for people who believe in capitalism, but can't succeed despite believing they should, so it must be something outside capitalism that is the problem (usually BIG GOVERNMENT or "crony capitalism" or something). Bitcoin, in theory, allows you to escape that. It's like how seasteaders want to form a floating city to attempt to escape the literal bounds of the state.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/aal1008/status/1058140080102141952?s=21

Because using fake photos for his fake intelligence agency worked so well for him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Eh, she clearly backed out of lying about being raped by Mueller, so I don't think she should be harrassed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That picture is his girlfriend, and it’s old.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

That picture is his girlfriend

Yeah she's suffered enough.

Now, how can I put this in the most alpha terms possible...
https://twitter.com/PRouge_paradigm/status/1058340257052155905

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My experience has been that people who try to prove something using what they consume are super duper ultra insecure.

I'M A MAN SO I CONSUME MAN THINGS LIKE RAW BEEF AND WHISKEY AND SAWDUST IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY THESE THINGS THEN YOU ARE NOT A MAN

So I guess it's manly to eat horribly, develop alcoholism, and die before 50 now?

I mean, whiskey is still just as alcoholic as all the poo poo in your fruity drinks. An Old Fashioned has as much alcohol as that strawberry daiquiri, and let's not even get started on the terror that is tiki drinks. I had a Zombie made to the same proof as the old 1950 recipe and it loving burned with how much overproof rum is in it. I had to stop drinking it because I was already 6 cocktails into the night before I got there and drinking more than half would have made me sick or caused me to black out.

With drinks like whiskey and cognac, it's more about the experience of drinking something that's got a really complex profile that you can learn how to identify. You do have to get used to drinking it because most people will absolutely hate straight liquor when they first try it, but there's a huge world of experience out there when you get past the initial shock of filling your mouth with something that's 40% alcohol.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Subjunctive posted:

That picture is his girlfriend, and it’s old.

So there was never actually a woman? This is the dumbest loving grift I've ever heard of. I guess it was successful in that a lot of journalists showed up instead of covering actual thing that actually happened, but there's no pay day, he's not even going to be able to get a job as a fox news consultant or whatever (watch me be wrong when he gets an hour between the morning bullshit and the evening bullshit on Fox News).

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

So there was never actually a woman? This is the dumbest loving grift I've ever heard of. I guess it was successful in that a lot of journalists showed up instead of covering actual thing that actually happened, but there's no pay day, he's not even going to be able to get a job as a fox news consultant or whatever (watch me be wrong when he gets an hour between the morning bullshit and the evening bullshit on Fox News).

Actually it gets dumber

The Daily Beast posted:

Jacob Wohl’s Fake P.I. Firm Ghosted on Ex-Homeless Woman Looking For Her Stolen Truck

When she finally got on the phone with Wohl—who was then presenting himself as Cohen—he told her, “we can help you with. This is exactly what we do.” Adams wired him $1,200 and signed a retainer agreement, which is largely identical to publicly-available copies of contracts offered by more legitimate public investigation agencies.

Wohl signed it as Matthew Cohen, according to a copy of the agreement provided by Adams.

His decision to do so, even under an assumed name, could present additional legal problems. The Daily Beast described the scope of work in the agreement to Neil Harrison, a licensed private investigator in Washington and the president of the Washington Association of Legal Investigators, a professional organization representing the industry there. Harrison stressed that he is not a lawyer and could only offer a personal opinion. But, he said, “That's called an investigation and you're required, to the best of my knowledge, to obtain a P.I. license in the state of Washington to conduct any sort of investigation.”

He signed contracts under a fake name
He is not legally able to offer the services the contract was for
He failed to provide those services

Prison is in his future.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

jobson groeth posted:

He signed contracts under a fake name
He is not legally able to offer the services the contract was for
He failed to provide those services

Prison is in his future.

'Eh. I wouldn't be so sure. He's hella rich, and white. Only way he goes to prison is if someone high up decides he's worth making an example of to act like they do anything.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Volcott posted:

Alexa what's a "chitter-ling."

That's how y'all spell chit'lins.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Samovar posted:

I guess it's the pinnacle of manliness to like fruity cocktails now?

No this is the pinnacle of manliness

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiberius Thyben posted:

'Eh. I wouldn't be so sure. He's hella rich, and white. Only way he goes to prison is if someone high up decides he's worth making an example of to act like they do anything.

He's already been targeted by the SEC. He is definitely in deep poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's technically not illegal to sign something with a false name, as long as you aren't doing it for fraudulent purposes (Like famous people using fake names at hotels, they still pay for the hotel room)

saying you're a PI without a license is a whole other barrel of fish. Oh and it's a state crime so President smooth brain can't pardon him.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

zoux posted:

I don't want to have ben garrison in my search history to prove you wrong.

Also imagine jacob wohl in a cowboy outfit.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole point of this was to get chuds up in arms against Mueller and provide Trump cover to fire him. Imagine this happening, but taking a week to unravel instead of 5 minutes. It was never going to stick, but it just had to slide down the wall slowly.

Ularg posted:

I don't want to have ben garrison in my search history to prove you wrong.

Also imagine jacob wohl in a cowboy outfit.

I legit enjoy Ben Garrison's cartoons. They're so unhinged from reality, but the art and coloring are surprisingly good and the wave motif with the hair just works.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Nov 2, 2018

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiberius Thyben posted:

grifting a homeless woman won't land him in jail, but conspiracy fraud against people richer and more powerful than him will

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole point of this was to get chuds up in arms against Mueller and provide Trump cover to fire him. Imagine this happening, but taking a week to unravel instead of 5 minutes. It was never going to stick, but it just had to slide down the wall slowly.

I legit enjoy Ben Garrison's cartoons. They're so unhinged from reality, but the art and coloring are surprisingly good and the wave motif with the hair just works.

Except Trump can't fire Mueller, he has to fire a bunch of other people then hire people who would be willing to fire Mueller.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Skwirl posted:

Except Trump can't fire Mueller, he has to fire a bunch of other people then hire people who would be willing to fire Mueller.

Good thing Wohl just got out of his PI work!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Krispy Wafer posted:

My brain unraveled following the political cartoons thread, I had to stop myself.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Last week I would have said a President can't amend the Constitution via an Executive Order, but here we are with Trump threatening to do that very thing.

Chuds and White Supremacists* all think there's this silent army of supporters who will rise up at the right time and fight for their cause. So Mueller gets a 'credible' accusation, Democrats fall all over themselves trying to justify their hypocrisy, and Trump rides a groundswell of support into finally ending this witch hunt. Yes, of course it's a stupid loving idea; Jacob Wohl came up with it. But that's my theory and so far he's not disproving my hypotheses that he's an idiot.

*redundant

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Sunswipe posted:

I feel like this is almost one of those "worst person you know says something right" things. He's still a dick for insisting his opinion is objective fact, but at least he's insisting on something that adds to some hyper-manly "I drink whiskey, smoke cigars and cut down trees with my bare hands" image.

I legit like whiskey, salads and wearing dresses :shrug:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I like fruit salad, vodka, and wearing jeans under a dress. I'll take my award as the world's most bisexual person.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Bingo.

But facts don't work on gammons, so they're busy screaming about how the word 'mansize' has been "banned", so they can pretend they're being victimised.

Most of these kinds of changes are big companies trying to be more inclusive to they can sell more stuff to more people (and pick up some cred for being 'woke'), do they think like the government is making it illegal to sell tissues in a certain way or something?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

no u

(comments from a Joe Donnelly post)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

zoux posted:

Now, I know American trucks are always big but... that big?

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Samovar posted:

That's actually a subcompact.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Samovar posted:

That's a regular rear end truck.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1058464075456413696

https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1058468576963817474

Ularg has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Nov 2, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Samovar posted:

The average is seven feet in America. For trucks, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Friend of a friend posted this.

I'm the definitely-not-photoshopped "NRA" on the hat.