Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

Gilbert is loving phenomenal and I laugh like an idiot throughout that entire episode, every single time I watch it, either in anticipation of his lines or because of them

it's like the baseball episode of the simpsons, it's perfect

It truly is, I love everything about it, Bill and Bobby especially too.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm partial to Emily the Hall Monitor, but it's amazing how every single thing Hank says to Gilbert gets turned into a super-gay observation that makes Hank uncomfortable:

"So, Gilbert, how do the Saints look this year?"
"I'm more into Sinners than Saints, and Sinners always look good"

Golden Richards was a Dallas Cowboy.

Yeah, yeah! He caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XII.

He was a beautiful man. I knew him... briefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The part where Joseph kisses Minh is steller, her reaction is gold.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Put me down as somebody who loves Gilbert in his first appearance but thinks "Blood and Sauce" is a bad episode and he never needed to come back.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Put me down as somebody who loves Gilbert in his first appearance but thinks "Blood and Sauce" is a bad episode and he never needed to come back.

I mean. Doesnt hank convince bill to give up on life fulfillment and riches cause of some toxic vs principles? Thst Hank ain't right.

naem
May 29, 2011

“Bobby honey, what do you know about sexual relations?”

“I don’t know, not much!”

*pause*

I’m a little worried about bein’ a slut?”

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MISS LIZ

TWO HOT TODDIES

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

An all Texas super bowl.

His will be done.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The show doesn’t reach its depths until season 12. That is a markedly bad season. Seasons 10+ get a real shot on the arm via the addition of Lucky.

Must be the pee-pee money.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Precisely. And the cast is good no matter what lines they end up with. And while I point to the HD shift as a watershed it isn't because they messed up the transition,

Didn't they only go HD like halfway through the final season?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think s12 has a fair number of good episodes. plus the one where cotton dies

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Song For The Deaf posted:

The show doesn’t reach its depths until season 12. That is a markedly bad season. Seasons 10+ get a real shot on the arm via the addition of Lucky.

Must be the pee-pee money.

Just rewatched Raise the Steaks, fantastic episode, but yeah slim pickings elsewhere in season 12.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

snack eater posted:

A white guy does his voice though

A white guy doing the equivalent of Ching Chang Chong for Laotian.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

I mean. Doesnt hank convince bill to give up on life fulfillment and riches cause of some toxic vs principles? Thst Hank ain't right.

Hank tries to convince Bill to sell the sauce and don't listen to Gilbert

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
it's interesting looking through episode production codes: the 10th production season (AABE) was only 5 episodes: 24 Hour Propane People, The Texas Panhandler, Hank's Bully, Edu-macating Lucky, and Lucky's Wedding Suit. most of what aired as season 10 were leftover episodes from 9ABE, and BABE is split between the majority of season 11 and an early chunk of season 12

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I think S12 has the largest proportion of bad episodes to good episodes, but I won’t argue that the highs aren’t high (Death Picks Cotton is extremely good).

I think S12 is peak “Hank is the 100% correct voice of the everyman responding to cockamamie social changes”

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Yeah Hank. What does your shirt say? Satan rules?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
If you really want a head trip, look at the guest voice actors...

Enrique and Antonio are the same voice actor. Danny Trejo.

Also, Chet Elderson (Firehouse episode) was voiced by the original Jed from Beverly Hillbillies. He also died 2 years after airing.

Also speaking of which, on the Randy Travis episode, Tony Danza did the calling card.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hank, you are my friend. I promise you I would never heal your wife the way I heal the wives of others.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Hank, you are my friend. I promise you I would never heal your wife the way I heal the wives of others.

gently caress that's such a killer line.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

“That noise has been giving Nancy headaches all week, then yesterday her back broke out in scratch marks.”

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Good God that episode loving sucks on toast, I think I subliminated it's existence.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you do, I'll kick your rear end

*John Redcorn smiles, the wind blowing through his hair*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"I go to church too and I have raffled and bingoed and bake sale'd my way as close to the good Lord as you, so do not try to one up me or I will one up yours."

"The complacency of fools will destroy them! Proverbs!"

"Get out of my house! [pause] Exodus!"

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 3, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My name is Hank Hill and-

He works at a gas station! Neeext! I'm Cotton Hill, I killed fiddy men!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Pump jockey! Works for tips!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men might be one of the most quotable episodes in this show.

I didn't trade your mama in. A trade-in has some value. I scrapped 'er!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men might be one of the most quotable episodes in this show.

I didn't trade your mama in. A trade-in has some value. I scrapped 'er!

I didn't drown that boy!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You can't predict this exercise tape Aunt Peggy. I've done it enough to know.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

I didn't drown that boy!

Now I don't know if there is a Heaven, or a God, but your daddy is going to Hell

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

TheKingslayer posted:

My favorite part about this is when he tries to stop seeing Nancy after he actually becomes friends with Dale

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's a scientific fact that women like guys with round, muscular butts. I'm gonna look for a guy with a round, muscular butt.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
A brand new, pre-owned, Sonata

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

shame on an IGA posted:

It's a scientific fact that women like guys with round, muscular butts. I'm gonna look for a guy with a round, muscular butt.

Hank: I didn’t know you could eat raw cookie dough

Luann: Oh yeah, they put it in ice cream now

Hank: well dang, sister! Get me my keys!

Off-topic to “shame on IGA”: I haven’t heard of IGA in forever! We used to shop there when I was growing up. Are they still around somewhere?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Testikles posted:

A brand new, pre-owned, Sonata

God I love how sleazy Pratley is. Sees the mower and instantly thinks about how much poo poo he can upsell people on.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

namlosh posted:

Hank: I didn’t know you could eat raw cookie dough

Luann: Oh yeah, they put it in ice cream now

Hank: well dang, sister! Get me my keys!

Off-topic to “shame on IGA”: I haven’t heard of IGA in forever! We used to shop there when I was growing up. Are they still around somewhere?

Everywhere, mostly in towns <50k population.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

In other words, this electronic seat warmer is heating up more than just Boomhauer’s can. It’s also heating up his can of beer!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Certain plans of mine require additional Gribbles.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

If you do, I'll kick your rear end

*John Redcorn smiles, the wind blowing through his hair*

I will

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Hey John Redcorn, do your people celebrate Thanksgiving?"

"We did......once."

SilvergunSuperman