Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

mandatory lesbian posted:

i take it back, getting zerora made me realize i never got whatever pokemon number 402 is, so now my perfect pokedex is missing a pokemon, got dangit!!!

I can let you see mine for pokedex completion. If you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Crosspeice posted:

That's Marshadow, which can't be traded on the GTS, so congrats!

Dick move, Nintendo. Dick move.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

Nitramster posted:

ZEKROM/RESHIRAM:

A8693G2CX73GFHCJ
A8693G2ACLKX4UE8

Took this one, first one's already gone. Thank you.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

[x]

Silver Falcon posted:

Why does she look so angry in this one?

cause people keep misgendering him.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I can let you see mine for pokedex completion. If you want.

Like by qr code? It's not the biggest deal but yeah that'd be cool

Crosspeice posted:

That's Marshadow, which can't be traded on the GTS, so congrats!

Is this some movie Pokemon or did I just miss an event

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yellow sometimes feels like both the easiest and most difficult pokemon game I've played (I started with Black), sometimes in the same dungeon. Where can I get a good anti-psychic pokemon near Saffron?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Have they said if Pokemon amiibos will do anything in Let's Go?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Yellow sometimes feels like both the easiest and most difficult pokemon game I've played (I started with Black), sometimes in the same dungeon. Where can I get a good anti-psychic pokemon near Saffron?

hahaha, that's a good joke. save sabrina for after koga and you should be leveled enough to beat her using whatever

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

lol you're playing a broken game friend

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hahaha, that's a good joke. save sabrina for after koga and you should be leveled enough to beat her using whatever

can you even do koga before sabrina

Rick posted:

brah just make golem, cast self destruct. you kind of just have to cheese her alakazam, it can spam recover infinitely

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

u can get a houndour or a murkrow near celadon city :)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

less laughter posted:

There is actually quite a bit of beautiful Primarina fan art out there, made by skilled artists, but you only ever post art dumps of ugly and amateurish garbage by people who can’t draw. The top one is the only one that has some skill to it.

this is the most insanely uncool thing you can say about other people's work and shows you've never worked hard to create something you can feel enough pride in to share

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also i like that big lug nut guy he's pretty cool im gonna use him when they put out the new games in 2019 or whatever

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

absolutely, you can do koga as soon as you get the pokeflute to move snorlax

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
im pretty sure you can even skip erika if you feel like it, just beeline thru the game corner and poketower and i don't think anyone is blocking you like saffron is w/r/t the silph company

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Sabrina's badge has always been #6. I never realized that so many people do her first just because she's pretty close by.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Primarina is good, Brionne is better

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Every single time I played through Yellow, my first pokemon game, as a child, I always beelined to Articuno and used that to take down Sabrina.

Koga was always the last huge challenge in my run in that game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
koga is like the easiest gym, all he''s got are things that die to charizard

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ruggington posted:

u can get a houndour or a murkrow near celadon city :)

Yellow is Gen 1.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

The White Dragon posted:

brah just make golem, cast self destruct. you kind of just have to cheese her alakazam, it can spam recover infinitely

The original pokemon games gave you a huge amount of freedom in the mid game. You can do gyms 3-7 in pretty much any order with the only restriction being that Koga has to come before Blaine so you can surf to Cinnabar. It's part of the reason I still replay them now and again.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

you can skip team rocket in celadon and lavender entirely if you feel like doing some shenanigans. can't remember what that does to viridian gym tho

they might have fixed that in yellow. idk

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

koga is like the easiest gym, all he''s got are things that die to charizard

Yeah, does anyone else find it weird that that games in the Kanto region only gives you the one starter, which is only good in the mid to late game? Every other generation gives you a balanced three different choices for a starter, but RBY and now Let's Go forces you to only have the one starter (Charmander, Pikachu, and now Eevee) based on which version you buy.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I've sat on these long enough. Time for a
:havlat: :havlat: :havlat: DOUBLE HEADER GIVEAWAY :havlat: :havlat: :havlat:
FIRST UP
I have :siren: FIVE :siren: Zeraora codes to give away for goons with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Wanna get one, you master of e-cockfighting? Here's what you gotta do (courtesy of FelicityGS):

FelicityGS posted:

We all loved the beta leaks, so I think it could be fun for people to try and come up with their own MY UNCLE AT NITENDO TOLD ME ABOOUT THIS COOOOL UNRELEASED POKEMON. that leaves it up to fun text descriptions or pictures.
Tell (or show) us the hot playground rumor your uncle told you about the next main series games. They're coming to the Switch so obviously there's gonna be some Switch-feature related gimmick, if you need a starting point. Any images should have the early elementary school feel to them, including something like "by Nth Doctor, age 32½" as an artist's signature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT UP
I also have :siren: five courtesy of Kureig, TWELVE :siren: Reshiram / Zekrom codes for folks with any Gen VI game. Here's the gimmick, again from FelicityGS:

FelicityGS posted:

making a limerick about your favourite pokemon/place/plot point/character could be super fun and cater to those who dont wanna draw? since so many of these end up art contesty.

I like this. We did haiku before but some silly limerick sounds great. Write some doggerel about something Pokemon related that you enjoyed and win a monochromatic dragon.

Get to it, goons!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

McDragon posted:

you can skip team rocket in celadon and lavender entirely if you feel like doing some shenanigans. can't remember what that does to viridian gym tho

they might have fixed that in yellow. idk

How so? Don't you get the Silph Scope from the hideout, and the Pokéflute in Lavender? Can you get around the Snorlax blocks without those?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hammerite posted:

Primarina is good, Brionne is better

It's hard to disagree with this, Brionne is insanely good

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How so? Don't you get the Silph Scope from the hideout, and the Pokéflute in Lavender? Can you get around the Snorlax blocks without those?

You can get past the Marowak ghost in Lavender without the Silph Scope by using a Pokedoll on it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Licarn posted:

You can get past the Marowak ghost in Lavender without the Silph Scope by using a Pokedoll on it.

This is a glitch but it's such a common glitch that I thought for years that it was the right way to do it.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Free codes because I am a sucker who only owns the better, original version of Moon.

Shiny Poipole:
A878X7AWFSMYLZ57

Zeraora:
A8929X4XEKA3ETGR

happy to help, goons

Earnestly fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 3, 2018

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Earnestly posted:

Free codes because I am a sucker who only owns the better, original version of Moon.

Shiny Poipole:
A878X7AWFSMYLZ57

Grabbed this one, thanks! :)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Earnestly posted:

Yeah, does anyone else find it weird that that games in the Kanto region only gives you the one starter, which is only good in the mid to late game? Every other generation gives you a balanced three different choices for a starter, but RBY and now Let's Go forces you to only have the one starter (Charmander, Pikachu, and now Eevee) based on which version you buy.

with that being your user name its hard for me to not feel like you took my joke post way more seriously then warranted

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

with that being your user name its hard for me to not feel like you took my joke post way more seriously then warranted

Hah, fair. My username is just an anagram of my first and second real life names. It's often the opposite of my tone.

I do feel like the best kind of joke is indistinguishable from a really hard, bad opinion. And your joke post was an easy set up for one of my favorite jokes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Proud bulbasaur selector here

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I actually started with squirtle but accidentally saved over my game and switched to Bulbasaur

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Earnestly posted:

Hah, fair. My username is just an anagram of my first and second real life names. It's often the opposite of my tone.

I do feel like the best kind of joke is indistinguishable from a really hard, bad opinion. And your joke post was an easy set up for one of my favorite jokes.

:tipshat: glad to have helped then, Nestle Yar

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

McDragon posted:

I actually started with squirtle but accidentally saved over my game and switched to Bulbasaur

That's because you subconsciously realized your mistake and corrected it. Good for you.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

FIRST UP

Tell (or show) us the hot playground rumor your uncle told you about the next main series games. They're coming to the Switch so obviously there's gonna be some Switch-feature related gimmick, if you need a starting point. Any images should have the early elementary school feel to them, including something like "by Nth Doctor, age 32½" as an artist's signature.
No code, just wanted to try

I just got off the phone with my uncle and he told me how to evolve the special Meowth into Nyarthotep in the new games. ITS SO DUMB. First the Pokemon has to be tutored Trick, nothing tells you that. You then have to go to the docks in the northeast part of the map at exactly midnight game-time and the ferry will take you to a new island off map. You have to pace the whole island, like hatching eggs in Omega Ruby with the Meowth. Then at 2am, if you do it right you stand in the inn's mouth and level it up. The switch will shut off, but when you boot it back up, you'll get the Dark/Cosmic Nyarthotep, I SWEAR. Can't believe Nintendo would make this one so hard to get!

Earnestly posted:

Zeraora:
A8929X4XEKA3ETGR

Thank you for Catz

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

This will blow your mind, but you can skip Brock by fudging with the start menu near the kid that blocks you from Mt. Moon before you've beat him. He could theoretically be the last gym you beat before Giovanni because you don't need Flash. I usually don't even use Flash anymore because Rock Tunnel is burnt into my brain.

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker
In Red, Blue and Yellow and even Firered and Leafgreen, you can just ignore all Gym Leaders once you beat Misty and keep going through the game. Asides from the one in Pewter, there are no NPCs stopping you from going anywhere due to badges. Surge just gets you Fly and Erika just gets you Strength, which you only use in Seafoam Islands and Victory Road. Progress is tied to you beating Team Rocket in the Game Corner and Pokemon Tower rather than HMs up until Fuchsia City, when you need to beat Koga who gets you Surf. Basically, you can reach nearly every area in the game except Victory Road and Cerulean Cave all with only having beaten Brock, Misty, and Koga even without using glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

Tell (or show) us the hot playground rumor your uncle told you about the next main series games. They're coming to the Switch so obviously there's gonna be some Switch-feature related gimmick, if you need a starting point.

If you bring your Switch to an actual zoo and talk to the Safari Zone's warden fifty times, he will get fed up and challenge you to a battle. If you win, you can throw rocks at pokemon outside the Safari zone by doing the ball throwing motion backwards.