Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
We should just put it in the OP or thread title. Spray under the analog nub with compressed air. If that doesn't work, buy contact cleaner and spray that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Bombadilillo posted:

I just bought 2. (One at a time) codes in 10ish minutes.

Check spam folder?

That's what I was worried about. Nothing in my spam, and nothing in my other email on-file. Strange.

e: Huh, paypal auto-emailed me to let me know they hadn't given me my code yet. I guess that's good.

Casull fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 3, 2018

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Dark Souls is really fun but can also be insanely frustrating. I was fighting Gaping Dragon and was probably around attempt 7 or 8 and had figured out a strat that was allowing me to slowly chip down its health and consistently dodge attacks and even had a spot where I could safely heal in each cycle if I messed up. But then when I had it down to like 5-10% health left I triggered a new attack (hitting me with it's tail while I was in front of it) that 1 shot me from full health because I didn't have my shield up. Also, the intro cinematic for this boss is fantastic! I was on the fence about Dark Souls since I had never played one before but I'm really happy I got it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stab it until it dies.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The vast majority of dragon enemies are weak to lightning.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Heath posted:

How is the 8bitdo arcade stick for Switch? The SN30 is great, so I was looking into this one.

We're happy with it and it's easy to take the back off and tinker with. Also replacement sticks & buttons are supposed to be easy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wish I had seen this before I just bought Smash+DLC but I do appreciate the heads up

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Helion posted:

My controller is drifting :(

I couldn't fix it by recalibrating. Is there anything else I can do?

I used contact spray, as all mine started drifting hard today.

Sprayed this in the analog joint, jiggled the stick and shook out the excess. Working fine after drying out for a couple hours. I did this process a few months ago and i think this is something you'll have to keep doing.

Do not use compressed air, it doesn't do anything and can harm your stuff.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What's a good and compact travel charger? Blew through my battery at work playing d3

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm going to play a witch doctor

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Crawfish posted:

As in letting you download 99% of the file to your system in advance?

Yeah. First party games usually let you pre load pretty early.

Fun fact: I never preload PC games in advance now, because I can download from Steam at a faster rate than my system can decrypt the files.

Heath posted:

The vast majority of dragon enemies are weak to lightning.

Yep, the game's intro cinematic teaches us that

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 3, 2018

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Smash is 14gb? Yeah definitely digital. Thanks!

Now to finally beat Octopath so I can buy something else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fknlo posted:

What's a good and compact travel charger? Blew through my battery at work playing d3

Do you mean battery or plug?

If it's a battery, any anker will do but you can buy ones now that have USB C on them. I use a regular USB B one and a €5 cable from Tiger and it works perfectly.

For a plug, just use anything that gives 2A out

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Missing definitely has fps drops, and the slowdown when throwing poo poo mid-jump looks like it works by throttling the framerate.
Also, it crashed on me when I was flipping through the chapter select screen.

It's more disturbing than everything else in the game.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Is Taiko no Tatsujin any good without the drum controller? It sucks that they apparently are not going to produce any for the US.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Is Taiko no Tatsujin any good without the drum controller? It sucks that they apparently are not going to produce any for the US.

I cannot imagine playing a taiko game without the expensive noisy accessories to bang on, sooooo :negative:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hot reminder that katamari is coming to switch in december something :eyepop:

last thing I expected and the only good reveal from the direct this summer

na naaaaaaa

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Dammit I have now bought Diablo 3 for the third time.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

What do we think about the new Pokémon? Will it be fresh and new or is it just a rehash of red/blue?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i'm going to import a controller

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alan_Shore posted:

What do we think about the new Pokémon? Will it be fresh and new or is it just a rehash of red/blue?

It's both!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looks fresh and new to me. A lot of people have complained about summer of the depth removed but to me really that depth was more like tedium.

Like this doesn't have nature's like the original. To me natures don't mean more dropped, they mean you have to capture 12 rare alakazams and grind to make sure the wild Pokemon you catch has decent stats.

Also you don't whittle down wild Pokemon health anymore or have random encounters, which to me, are both good things.

In any event the art style looks gorgeous to me, looks better every time I see it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Like this doesn't have nature's like the original. To me natures don't mean more dropped, they mean you have to capture 12 rare alakazams and grind to make sure the wild Pokemon you catch has decent stats.
Don't they though?
I thought this was exactly what the treehouse stream showed, with the caveat that you can now pay a psychic in the Pokemon center to "predict" (set) the nature if future encounters

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I like the motion drumming. I can at least clear some of the easier Extreme charts that way and I'm not a very good taiko player. After playing a good bit I feel like the game doesn't explain the swing type differences as well as it could, since sometimes going "diagonal" I still get the wrong hit. I feel like if I imagine I'm hitting a surface that if I try to tap it with just the top end of the joycon it gets a ka (blue) hit and then a more thorough and blunt hit will get a don (red). It takes practice but overall I feel like it works well and actually am noticing improvements in accuracy as I get used to it and play better, though if you're a very serious competitive taiko player there may be an upper limit to that and you would probably prefer a drum controller.

Notable that the game also allows you to play with buttons and the touchscreen, so those are options too if you like.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is the Taiko track list the same in English? No licensing issues?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The Taiko motion controls work better than I expected. At least with the little haptic buzz you get some good feedback of when your hits are registering, and it seems pretty consistent.

I'm a regular ravi drums over here

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do you mean battery or plug?

If it's a battery, any anker will do but you can buy ones now that have USB C on them. I use a regular USB B one and a €5 cable from Tiger and it works perfectly.

For a plug, just use anything that gives 2A out

Plug. I remember reading stories about people using unofficial chargers and frying their poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

fknlo posted:

Plug. I remember reading stories about people using unofficial chargers and frying their poo poo.

It's mostly third party docks.

If you want to be safest, get a plug that goes from USB A to C as A's voltage can't hit those levels.

Or buy a C plug but make sure it's from a reputable company. I use the charger from my pixel 2 and it's been fine.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
taikowns

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i use the charger that came in the box, like some sort of crazy person

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Harlock posted:

Is the Taiko track list the same in English? No licensing issues?

As far as I can tell yes, even has the pop licenses

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

SelenicMartian posted:

The Missing definitely has fps drops, and the slowdown when throwing poo poo mid-jump looks like it works by throttling the framerate.
Also, it crashed on me when I was flipping through the chapter select screen.

Tried rebooting your switch? I had horrible FPS issues in that game until I did that, for whatever reason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1058704081647104000

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

doublepost oops

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Finally, now add netflix and itll be super easy to justify getting a new tv for the bedroom

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s good only because it will be nice to look up hints for games you’re stuck on or reviews for games you’re about to pull the trigger on in the eshop, without pulling out your phone, unplugging the headphones from the switch, dredging up a lightning dongle :mad:, plugging in the headphones, watching a video and then doing the reverse all so you don’t wake your wife because the switch is primary bed console.

That’s my use case anyway, and it will be awesome to solve that problem.

Considering the 3DS was hacked via YouTube, it’s not surprising it took this long

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Lego City Undercover Impressions?

Side note Lego Worlds is pretty fun if you like creating stuff. (Have that on PC).

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

I used contact spray, as all mine started drifting hard today.

Sprayed this in the analog joint, jiggled the stick and shook out the excess. Working fine after drying out for a couple hours. I did this process a few months ago and i think this is something you'll have to keep doing.

Do not use compressed air, it doesn't do anything and can harm your stuff.

Thanks, I will give it a shot!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

strategery posted:

Lego City Undercover Impressions?
Loading Times: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Diablo is fun and i enjoy playing it while watching tv