Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Julias posted:

Nah, it's separate from the ads, and usually it's the flavor of the week that YouTube decides to Signal Boost.

Like a week ago it kept on giving me this video in the top slot, no matter what

:whitewater:

I kept getting that too no matter what.

Dude who looks like a skinhead is ok with racism, :wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's the end of 2018 and Larry discovers online acronyms, dating apps and the most basic fetishes. What's the deal with youtube channels, amirite?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I never trust youtube streamers that represent themselves as smugly animated avatars. What are you trying to hide.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Black August posted:

I thought the issue with Apu was the voice actor and not the way he is portrayed in the show.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Black August posted:

Oh trust me, you don't know how right on the money you are.

:barf:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

It's the end of 2018 and Larry discovers online acronyms, dating apps and the most basic fetishes. What's the deal with youtube channels, amirite?
Can't wait for the extremely awkward #MeToo joke.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Julias posted:

Oh trust me, you don't know how right on the money you are.

:barf:

oh so he is a skinhead, good to know

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I’m surprised there is a Larry game. I thought the last one didn’t sell well that it just died. That trailer was a bit cringy though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine thinking it's ok to make a new Leisure Suit Larry game in 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

...is that a SWERY reference

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
larry x forest kaysen otp

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

larry x forest kaysen otp
FK in the Larry.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feel like a new LSL missed its target audience by about 10 or so years

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Apu video is really dumb because everyone on the original staff agreed that Apu only existed as a funny voice but when the first wave of writers left and the new writers who grew up watching the Simpsons came on around season 5 like Oakley and Weinstein, they started writing Apu as an actual character and that's how you got episodes like Much Apu About Nothing whose look at immigration hasn't changed 20 years later.

That hotdiggedydemon guy was banned from Twitter for being too openly racist. Even former Grand Wizard David Duke hasn't had that honor.

e: totally normal recommends today. I have to watch out Canadian Fire Ant guy as well who pops up randomly but I think his ants died

al-azad fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 3, 2018

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I straight up adblock the sidebar with recommendations for it and have the youtube page I open just go straight to subscriptions, and also have my watch history emptied out and paused. I tend to just get recommends at the end of youtube videos that are from the people I'm subscribed to or fans of those channels making random fancontent.

mutata posted:

I'm going to make a game where instead of spending money to get power ups or good things, the game degrades and gets less functional and you have to pay money just to maintain the game at a base level. I'll call it Call of Entropy Fight Go.

I always wanted to see a Metroid game where Samus is putting the powerups back, and you have to get more creative to leave areas than it did to get into them.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Spooky's House of Jumpscares is definitely a Top Ten Horror game, for sure.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Can't hide from who I am. You're Not Alone from FF9 has been stuck in my head for the last week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The only two good recommendations I've ever gotten on YouTube are Plastic Love and lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to

Edit: speak of the devil

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 3, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have watch history, personalization, and recommendation tuning turned off on YT because gently caress giving companies like Google ammo with which to serve me ads they think I'll like

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just cleared Return of the Obra Dinn, very good game. Probably even more fun if you're not a huge dummy like me and have a talent for putting clues together.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have a 5 year old so my recs are always full of stuff like baby shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo ).

edit: added link so non-parents can truely understand how this song buries itself into your brain.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo now its stuck in my head again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have a 5 year old so my recs are always full of stuff like baby shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo ).

edit: added link so non-parents can truely understand how this song buries itself into your brain.

I physically recoiled from the desk after five seconds

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Let's go hunt! Do do do do do do do do!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

isn't that the eating sugar telling lies melody

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Really Pants posted:

I physically recoiled from the desk after five seconds

Turn on your monitor

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Poniard posted:

Turn on your monitor

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
happy birthday to Edmond Honda

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like it's more than possible to make a good modern leisure suit larry game but this is just not the way to go with it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played the intro of Destiny 2 and it's fine I guess, but if that's supposed to be a taste of having a max level character I don't see how people spend hundreds of hours on the game.

Titanfall 2 felt better. Destiny 2 feels sluggish and dated in terms of movement.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 3, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

isn't that the eating sugar telling lies melody

yes it was stolen from baby shark

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

chumbler posted:

I played the intro of Destiny 2 and it's fine I guess, but if that's supposed to be a taste of having a max level character I don't see how people spend hundreds of hours on the game.

Titanfall 2 felt better. Destiny 2 feels sluggish and dated in terms of movement.

I mean, it's loot game stuff + it's a co-op focused game I can play with friends, even if they're not good at fps games.

I agree with you that Titanfall 2 is a better playing game, though. But, at least in my case, I have multiple friends that I like to game with who will not touch competitive games period. I know TF2 added a co-op mode later in it's life, but I could never convince any of those people to try it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 3, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Quick question: In what ways is QA in business (software, administration) different than QA Testing for Game Devs?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Today in REvil4 my new frat buddy tried to kill me but a pair of boobs saved my life then I got in a fight with THE LOCH MESS MONSTER and I killed it with harpoons to the face before having a heart attack. Oh yeah and this creepy old guy is following me around and keeps whipping off his trenchcoat. Is this what grooming looks like?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Julias posted:

Spooky's House of Jumpscares is definitely a Top Ten Horror game, for sure.

some of those ghosts are downright adorable

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

I never trust youtube streamers that represent themselves as smugly animated avatars. What are you trying to hide.

morbid obesity

e: my youtube recommendations, because the only thing i let it track is upvotes and subscriptions

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think the guy who can't stop saying the n-word might be bad, folks
https://twitter.com/aiizavva/status/1058477451398004742?s=19

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think the guy who can't stop saying the n-word might be bad, folks

What did Lowtax do now?

(Yeah, pdp being being garbage isn't very surprising)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Today in REvil4 my new frat buddy tried to kill me but a pair of boobs saved my life then I got in a fight with THE LOCH MESS MONSTER and I killed it with harpoons to the face before having a heart attack. Oh yeah and this creepy old guy is following me around and keeps whipping off his trenchcoat. Is this what grooming looks like?

I hope you shot the water before going into the boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

al-azad posted:

I hope you shot the water before going into the boat

I didn't, does this actually change anything?

• Locked thread