Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Jordas Golem is making me do something I thought I'd never do: Farming Archwing guns and mods.

That's... that's a level of evil I didn't know existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I built Ameesha and lucked out in that razorwing was on and I had an affinity booster, so managed to level it up fairly painlessly. I will now no longer be able to die, which is nice.

I also forma'd grattler and gave it a catalyst. There's a special level of hell reserved for people like me, which is basically a thousand years of the devil going "but why..."

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Itzal is the best archwing for Plains of Eidolon and if you're farming Jordas (just blink behind him; Velocitus is my favorite gun for murdering him).

I like Elytron for everything else, especially the tight, closed in corpus ship levels where you can absolutely murder everything by spamming doommissiles.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you don't have an archwing and archwing gun with potatoes in them you're mainly just setting yourself up for frustration in the future.

because it's not going away, and will even be involved with railjack

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also I know not everyone checks the console thread, but the PS4 has a 5th anniversary event on where they're giving away 3 noggles, a glyph, an emblem and a dex furis skin.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I made the dire mistake of bringing Fluctus for my very first Jordas Golem run. I’m pretty sure that is the one mission in the game where fluctus is the wrong choice.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There are a few Hero Goons who can carry groups through Jordas runs, that's how I got Atlas.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

if you don't have an archwing and archwing gun with potatoes in them you're mainly just setting yourself up for frustration in the future.

because it's not going away, and will even be involved with railjack

Leveling archwings feels like pulling teeth in slow motion, and that's -when- you find a pubbie group worth a crap. :(

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

wiegieman posted:

There are a few Hero Goons who can carry groups through Jordas runs, that's how I got Atlas.

The real trick to everything in this game, trick a broken vet to carry you.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Leveling archwings feels like pulling teeth in slow motion, and that's -when- you find a pubbie group worth a crap. :(

as someone said earlier, I don't know, many pages back?

wait for the Razorback event and pop an affinity booster then; you'll fly through your archwings and their assorted weapons

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sandweed posted:

'Trick', as if they aren't all sitting around in clanchat hoping someone says 'hey does anyone want to help with X'

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

'Trick', as if they aren't all sitting around in clanchat hoping someone says 'hey does anyone want to help with X'

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Preechr posted:

I made the dire mistake of bringing Fluctus for my very first Jordas Golem run. I’m pretty sure that is the one mission in the game where fluctus is the wrong choice.

Last I checked, Jordas still takes absolutely no radial damage, and Fluctus is a radial damage weapon. For literally everything else, yeah, take Fluctus, but for Jordas, go with Velocitus, Imperator Vandal, or Vandal. Build for radiation or corrosive damage type. Velocitus needs several forma and a potato to be worth it though, so if you don't like archwing then

Sandweed posted:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Me and frieds did Jordas with a handful of mods on a Grattler, Cygnas and Dual Decurions. It's not difficult, just a little time consuming, and having the defence mods for the Archwing its self is more important. That damage mod for the guns doesn't hurt at all though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the easiest way to kill jordas is to go with itzal and sit in the middle invisible while using energy pizzas. it's not fast by any means, but you can do it solo and it doesn't require much attention.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I don't know if they have changed it, but don't do the final boss fight in Jordas golem quest with a full group. The difference in armor and health scaling from full 4-man group to anything less is crazy. It took me at least double the time to kill him in 4-man compared to 3-man. The fight is easy bit tedious.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Yo just make archwing a Zone of the Enders clone. Case closed, send the check to me whenever you want DE.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I killed jordas solo without even a potato in the imperator. Just used super boost, flew behind it, and then when it flew away, repeated. It might not work if your frame's sprint speed is low, though, as far as I can tell archwing boost speed depends on frame sprint speed. I didn't realize others had issues. :shrug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sephyr posted:

i won't deny it's kind of badly implemented. mainly the best advice i can give for general play is to do the salacia node on neptune, which is a mobile defense and gives about the best amount of exp for a normal node. if nothing else, typically one shouldn't need to use many forma, if at all, to get archwing gear up to a good spot. part of that is literally because it's annoying to get a full stable of archwing mods anyways.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 4, 2018

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Archwing mods have the same problem that Plains resorces do, they're siloed from the rest of the game.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 4, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wiegieman posted:

Archwing mods have the same problem that Plains resorces do, they're siloed from the rest of the game.

they are, yeah. it's genuinely some poo poo you have to look up online. the stuff with the plains is generally fine because things that come from it will use those resources so it feeds into itself but archwing mods are more or less 'look at wiki. find drop table for specific mission type that only exists in 1 or 2 nodes in the game. hope that what you want/need isn't in rotation c of some bullshit no one finds fun. repeat.'

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So...how do I Nova? Her skills seem unsynergetic as gently caress. Her 1 is super wonky, giving you DR but only if you stay far enough from enemies that they're not shooting you anyway, her 2 seems poweful but it's so slow everything is going to die to bullets before it lands, her 3 is good for going between defense points I guess? Her 4 seems to be all she realistically has going for her.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If you want to speed up Jordas use Odonata instead of Itzal, shooting through the shield gives you bonus damage and against that HP wall rear end in a top hat you need as much as you can get.

Flytrap posted:

So...how do I Nova? Her skills seem unsynergetic as gently caress. Her 1 is super wonky, giving you DR but only if you stay far enough from enemies that they're not shooting you anyway, her 2 seems poweful but it's so slow everything is going to die to bullets before it lands, her 3 is good for going between defense points I guess? Her 4 seems to be all she realistically has going for her.

Hit 1 and just tap it again when it's exhausted. 2 is for killing mobs stuck in level geometry, ignore otherwise. 3 is for closing off doors and trolling teammates. 4 is for slowing everything to a helpless crawl. Build for as much duration as you can since her 4 expands on a time limit and not a set range.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Honestly, her 4 pretty much IS all she has going for her, but "all enemies move at half speed and explode at half health" is a really really good thing to have going.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

ElegantFugue posted:

Honestly, her 4 pretty much IS all she has going for her, but "all enemies move at half speed and explode at half health" is a really really good thing to have going.

Max range 3 was a great option for wisp hunting. But now you have unlimited archwings so so much for that.

njsykora posted:

Hunter Munitions makes your crits also be slash procs, so your crits are now even more damaging. On a rapid fire crit weapon where you're critting constantly those can stack up fast even with just a 30% chance.

Yea going to pump some more forma into that prisma gorg and see how dumb I can make this+viral go.

Malkof fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 4, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Enemies barely moving is very good but enemies moving twice as fast is better.
The faster they can get from being spawned to within your line of sight the faster you can finish the mission.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hunter munitions is really only useful for crit guns with a high rof. for semi-auto guns it's merely okay, and of course for non-crit guns it is completely useless.

however, for guns that fit that description hmun is absolutely amazing.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Jeezus, I was about to write Nova off as a boring 1 button frame, but after seeing what she and a Harrow combined can do to the Plague Star...yeah, okay, her 4 is worth the hype.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I mean I can't disagree with a boring 1 button frame, but it's a loving amazing 1 button. It's always great to have a Nova along.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nova is kind of a thematic mess but she has a lot of weird utility and it's hard for her to NOT be useful in most any game mode

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Flytrap posted:

Her 1 is not suppposed to make you a tank. She's paper thin so it's only to keep alive for a second or two. You're not supposed to use it to be able to jump into a group of enemies and hold your ground. If you see your 1 flying at enemies then it's time to run and keep your distance or fire up your 4. It's a proximity sensor.

Her 2 is not as reliable because you need to steer it.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

wid posted:

Her 2 is not as reliable because you need to steer it.

Nova's 2 rules. Pop the augment on it so it absorbs enemy fire then guide it so that you're moving around inside it. It's the pro-version of volt's shield, but omnidirectional and it explodes when you want it to.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh jeez the Augment gives it a Nyx absorbtion field! :O

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to figure out a warframe to focus on next, as I'm starting to tire of Saryn just straight up murdering everything while taking a nap. I ran a shitton of Hydron grinding MR and found myself needing to actively do nothing or handicap myself.

I really enjoyed Frost, but I'd like to wait until he gets unvaulted before sinking resources building him up. While browsing through tanky frames that would give me a lot of versatility to do whatever, I've finally come back around to Trinity Prime. I got her free when I first started, and really disliked her, but I'm looking at her again now that I'm MR14 and its a lot more attractive! Team player, big damage reduction, not tied down to any specific gimmicks so I can mostly be free to play around with my weapons.

Whats a good way to build Trinity to make the most of her in Sortie and above content? Worth trying to jam in Umbrals?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Umbral Fibre will bring her 15 armor to 40. :v

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trinity doesn't need more than 150% strength and has crappy base armor. umbral trinity would be a waste of time.

the old standard was to go for minimum duration, which makes your ev pop out all the energy very quickly. however, this is actually dumb and pointless because if an enemy with ev dies it instantly sends out all the remaining ticks of ev. also if you minimize duration, link is completely useless and blessing is moderately weakened. so, it's generally much better to just tag dudes with ev and then kill them. what does all this come down to?
-150% str is enough to max out blessing's dr. \
-you need moderate range for ev to reach your group. i find just sticking stretch on is good enough for most situations.
-efficiency is completely irrelevant to trinity.
-use the rest of the mod slots on duration and survivability, especially quick thinking.

now, this is for general use. dolons are different.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Synthbuttrange posted:

Umbral Fibre will bring her 15 armor to 40. :v

I always wondered: does the flat Armor from the Focus tree get added before multiplication or after?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I always wondered: does the flat Armor from the Focus tree get added before multiplication or after?

Before, but it only affects your operator.

E: I just re-read the description for Stone Skin. I was mistaken, it does apply to your frame as well. Adding 60 armor to Trinity still isn't going to make Umbral Fiber worth it.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 4, 2018

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I have learned two things today.

1: It is possible to jump onto and ride an Eidolon.

2: Doing 1 while also rearranging it's parts into alphabetical order via Paracesis is immensely satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wukong agile is a good animation set from a bad frame. :v

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 4, 2018