Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

They make the occasional stop which is all most teams are managing these days. In fact they're 14th in the league with 1844 yards given up. That's not that bad

But Play, they aren't absolutely dominant and at the top of the rankings in this category. How can a Rams fan be happy with just a perfect record, a steam rolling offense, and the best defensive player in the league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams aren't exactly killing it in the pass defense department right now either

I'm sorry your undefeated team doesnt win every game by three touchdowns you have my support in these trying times.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Spoeank posted:

I'm sorry your undefeated team doesnt win every game by three touchdowns you have my support in these trying times.

Thank you for your support, it is all I ask

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

But Play, they aren't absolutely dominant and at the top of the rankings in this category. How can a Rams fan be happy with just a perfect record, a steam rolling offense, and the best defensive player in the league?

You are being a huge loving prick and need to calm down.

The Rams are undefeated and look really good but they absolutely have some holes. Nothing the Rams posters have said is a falsehood. It’s also been a targeted discussion about specific components of the team. It’s good discussion for a football discussion forum.

If he was mindlessly posting Kawalimus level negativity then sure make fun of him. But he’s not, so stop with your dumb bullshit.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The Rams are winning on the strength of their offense and the offseason-champs/paper tiger of the defense has been significantly underperforming so far. It’s actually interesting discussion.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That *is* a very expensive, star-laden defense to be playing that poorly, especially with Phillips as coordinator. And it's one thing to while about your team being disappointing when they recently won a Super Bowl, but if they haven't then I think people are justified in having some anxiety. If a team can't patch obvious holes then somebody is more likely than not to figure you out come playoff time, and there's no guarantee their roster will ever be this stacked again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You are being a huge loving prick and need to calm down.

The Rams are undefeated and look really good but they absolutely have some holes. Nothing the Rams posters have said is a falsehood. It’s also been a targeted discussion about specific components of the team. It’s good discussion for a football discussion forum.

If he was mindlessly posting Kawalimus level negativity then sure make fun of him. But he’s not, so stop with your dumb bullshit.

What sudden occurrence could possibly happen that would draw this drama to a close?

Also gently caress off with your backseat modding :discourse:. I will poke fun at someone for nitpicking his championship team if I want to.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 2, 2018

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

That *is* a very expensive, star-laden defense to be playing that poorly, especially with Phillips as coordinator. And it's one thing to while about your team being disappointing when they recently won a Super Bowl, but if they haven't then I think people are justified in having some anxiety. If a team can't patch obvious holes then somebody is more likely than not to figure you out come playoff time, and there's no guarantee their roster will ever be this stacked again.

I think "poorly" is hyperbolic when you're talking about the 6th best defense overall and 12th best against the run (and all defensive ranks are at least in the top third of the league, if not top quarter).

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

What sudden occurrence could possibly happen that would draw this drama to a close?

Also gently caress off with your backseat modding :discourse:. I will poke fun at someone for nitpicking his championship team if I want to.

You are a little bitch and been making consistent poo poo posts that boil down to “fans of good teams shouldn’t be allowed to discuss football”. It’s not “poking fun” it’s consistent shitposting.

You are a trite little gently caress.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You are a little bitch and been making consistent poo poo posts that boil down to “fans of good teams shouldn’t be allowed to discuss football”. It’s not “poking fun” it’s consistent shitposting.

You are a trite little gently caress.

I don't know about you, but I just jizzed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The rams rule

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

The rams rule

It's always a good time to revisit this.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

The rams rule

They are a maddeningly good team and stole my favorite college QB.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I can’t wait for the patriots to beat the rams in the Super Bowl to bring toms career full circle

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
I’m the rams and I suck

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

youtube commenters with the tough questions: are these rules still in effect?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

This has to be brainchild of Steve Spagnuolo, it fits the incredibly boring and lovely team he coached

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Lmfao

Coldforge posted:

They are a maddeningly good team and stole my favorite college QB.

Yeah I was sad sam was drafted by the rams too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

The rams rule

The Rams being the best team in football makes me sad I cant post SAME OLD SORRY rear end RAMS anymore

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I mean I think questions about the defense are legitimate. Honestly, most of us thought the defense would actually be better than it's been so far. We were making jokes about how overpowered it was all offseason. And the Rams are really good at offense but they're not the Chiefs. They still need their defense to show up if they're going to win games, as we've seen in the close ones recently.

I do not feel great about the Saints game. I know the Rams have a fine chance but I think they might meet their match in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

The Rams being the best team in football makes me sad I cant post SAME OLD SORRY rear end RAMS anymore

Just switch it to SAME OLD SORRY rear end CARDS, you'll be alright

also, Chargers/Seahawks should be a pretty fun game and it's in the middle time slot

Play fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 3, 2018

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm very much looking forward to that Rams rematch too

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

also, Chargers/Seahawks should be a pretty fun game and it's in the middle time slot

It's also at the same time as Seattle vs Portland in the MLS playoffs and the Sounders are pissed. Gonna have to dual-screen that one.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

I mean I think questions about the defense are legitimate. Honestly, most of us thought the defense would actually be better than it's been so far. We were making jokes about how overpowered it was all offseason. And the Rams are really good at offense but they're not the Chiefs. They still need their defense to show up if they're going to win games, as we've seen in the close ones recently.

The run defense has been questionable, but again, the teams that ran well against them are some of the best run teams in the league right now. The other teams didn’t fare nearly as well, despite the Rams being a decidedly pass first defense.

Speaking of which, they’re currently ranked 6th in pass defense according to DVOA.

They’re a very good defense, and there’s really not a debate unless you’re just looking for something to worry about.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

You can when they get eliminated in the divisional round by the Saints.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

But they're not a championship team. Maybe they will be, but they certainly aren't as of now.

Chichevache posted:

You can when they get eliminated in the divisional round by the Saints.

You sush!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

But they're not a championship team. Maybe they will be, but they certainly aren't as of now.

You sush!

Please agree they're a championship team and jinx them. Please? :eng99:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams won’t be a championship team until they can fix that leaky defense

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Real dumb dudes here not realizing the Rams are in prevent because the games are out of hand.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The only thing the prevent does is prevent you from winning football games

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If only someone would inform the coaches of this strategic revelation.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

*boots up madden 2004 for more maddenisms*

Sometimes you just gotta run the play that gets you the most yards

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DariusLikewise posted:

The only thing the prevent does is prevent you from winning football games

The Seahawks ran prevent to kill clock all the time from 2012-2017 and it usually worked, since nobody was going over the top against the LOB.

The Rams have been having pass defense trouble regardless of game state, because their current best starting corner is Peters. They need the Chainsnatcher back pretty bad.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

If only someone would inform the coaches of this strategic revelation.

The Seahawks have a coordinator who calls curl routes behind the first down marker

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^very true

But honestly Shottys play calling hasn’t been as awful as I was expecting. At least for the last few weeks. Start of the season was rough.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

^very true

But honestly Shottys play calling hasn’t been as awful as I was expecting. At least for the last few weeks. Start of the season was rough.

I'm hesitant to praise him because this all feels very scorpion and the frog.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m not praising him, I just expected way worse

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1058811457377316865

welp

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1058822738805026816

Come home Bruce

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

*Pulls out pen to sign release paperwork*