Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Is it my eyes or are they both the same model apart from one pauldron and their heads?

Edit- What a terrible snipe, here's a model in progress

ThNextGreenLantern fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Is it my eyes or are they both the same model apart from one pauldron and their heads?

No, I think you're right. There's a couple of plague marines in Dark Imperium that do that, with a single lower body and different upper bodies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

The pauldrons are the same too, it's just the heads that are different.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

PierreTheMime posted:

Really top knotch.

:smuggo:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

The pauldrons are the same too, it's just the heads that are different.

Yeah, but if the head is easily swapped out there are a good dozen or so Chaos Space Marine helmets that can be used in their place, plus alternate backpacks. I can make a squad of these bad boys without too much trouble.

Plus, I suspect the bolter is attached to the hands, which will make swapping it out for a special weapon pretty easy.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

You people complaining about no Chaos Primaris are baffling to me.

Updating sculpts to be standing properly with better proportions while still being linked to the older models aesthetically is a way better design choice than just making GBS threads out a completely different line of models and stapling them onto the old range as a bizarre extra.

Primaris are stupid and they should have just made a new tac squad that wasn’t power squatting.

:colbert:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Endman posted:

Primaris are stupid and they should have just made a new tac squad that wasn’t power squatting.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Endman posted:

Updating sculpts to be standing properly with better proportions while still being linked to the older models aesthetically is a way better design choice than just making GBS threads out a completely different line of models and stapling them onto the old range as a bizarre extra.

I like you

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I agree that Prims as a replacement for regular marines is *badcast tzeentch demon voice* HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC.

Speaking of, I met a badcast fan at the flgs yesterday. If you're reading this, hi friend of the dude with the hand drawn badcast shirt buddy.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I not only like what they’ve done with Primaris, I want more of it. And I’m going to get what I want :smuggo:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Primaris Marines are a loving joy to paint but I really wish they had just upscaled the traditional models. They be way more interesting if they had all the weapon options and so on.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

super boring but pretty.

I'll take super boring over endless details within details for my basic line troops, thanks.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Those Blackstone models look amazing; I'm tempted to get it just for the models, like I did with Silver Tower (which I never played, but loved the models)

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Dang, the models look so good, and the game components look so loving bad.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Just when I thought GW was out of the big tiddy model game

username/post combo

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

LingcodKilla posted:

Big tiddies will always be a thing.

im thinking of all the thrustin big titty/garter belt flashin, bright eldar models prior to tyool 2018 such as:

no wait its just u and ur terrible fuckin excuses for the shittier aspects of the hobby again

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Eifert Posting posted:

Speaking of, I met a badcast fan at the flgs yesterday. If you're reading this, hi friend of the dude with the hand drawn badcast shirt buddy.

Sidney is the best! Man, I can't wait for Nova again next year. :allears:

I keep forgetting to do a photo dump from this year's Nova. I should get on that right now, actually.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So.... I'm guessing blackstone fortress is gonna be kinda/sorta like space hulk?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

So.... I'm guessing blackstone fortress is gonna be kinda/sorta like space hulk?

40k warhammer quest is the billing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

im thinking of all the thrustin big titty/garter belt flashin, bright eldar models prior to tyool 2018 such as:

no wait its just u and ur terrible fuckin excuses for the shittier aspects of the hobby again

Way to narrow the goal post with "eldar".

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 3, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mmm yes love to ref those OOP models which were deliberately replaced with less gross ones

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Endman posted:

No one in this thread is saying they want Chaos Primaris you dingus, more that new chaos marines (and imo all marines in general) should be Primaris scale. Yeah, not having them sculpted to look midway through a Power poo poo helps a lot, but the proportions are still slightly off, and too small compared to, eg, guard.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No one in this thread is saying they want Chaos Primaris you dingus

I really wish they'd stop pretending that smol marines are a thing and just move to Primaris scale without bothering to explain anything

:thunk:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

No one in this thread is saying they want Chaos Primaris you dingus, more that new chaos marines (and imo all marines in general) should be Primaris scale.

I really wish they'd stop pretending that smol marines are a thing and just move to Primaris scale without bothering to explain anything

Reading is HARD you guys.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So after a quick read through the codex Orks can make their own hokey "slam boss".

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Herohammer lives, and it is good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Glad someone has decided to make a film about the effects of the Obliterator Virus on a society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDKY8CRe1-0

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Floppychop posted:

So after a quick read through the codex Orks can make their own hokey "slam boss".

What are your thoughts overall? I just picked up the book, but I’ve been out of the game a long time so dunno how it holds up.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
That navigator model ffffffff

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Ooooh, given the aquilae and prominent third eye, I think this is an Imperial Navigator! If so, I loving love the aesthetic! I wonder what sort of crazy rules it will have in-game.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

No one in this thread is saying they want Chaos Primaris you dingus, more that new chaos marines (and imo all marines in general) should be Primaris scale. Yeah, not having them sculpted to look midway through a Power poo poo helps a lot, but the proportions are still slightly off, and too small compared to, eg, guard.

I saw a picture comparing primaris and the new chaos guys and the are about the same size.

e: found it

goodness fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 3, 2018

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

I saw this being chucked around and the scale looks alot better lined up.

edit: beaten

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Zasze posted:

Your's is better !

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Zasze posted:

:hellyeah:

That's what I'm talking about, they've bulked them out a bit too. How do they compare to regular small marines?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

How do they compare to regular small marines?

How do they compare to RTB1 Imperial Space Marines?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
10 deep-striking storm bolter Deathwatch vets is downright rude. I dropped this unit down and deleted a forge fiend.

Then I charged another unit with a chaplain dread behind them swinging 28 times (one died) at strength 5 :hellyeah:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheBigAristotle posted:

10 deep-striking storm bolter Deathwatch vets is downright rude. I dropped this unit down and deleted a forge fiend.

Then I charged another unit with a chaplain dread behind them swinging 28 times (one died) at strength 5 :hellyeah:

Try it with Hellblasters.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Try it with Hellblasters.

Hellblasters are easily twice as expensive. They're unquestionably the kings of deep strike on the Deathwatch side (especially with a Watch Master with the Tome of the Ectolades) but the package is solidly 500 points. A single squad of Deathwatch Vets with Storm Bolters is like 210.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Two Beans posted:

How do they compare to RTB1 Imperial Space Marines?

Sure why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

Hellblasters are easily twice as expensive. They're unquestionably the kings of deep strike on the Deathwatch side (especially with a Watch Master with the Tome of the Ectolades) but the package is solidly 500 points. A single squad of Deathwatch Vets with Storm Bolters is like 210.

200 points if you take Storm Bolters and Chainswords. 10 Hellblasters is 340, so definitely a premium. That said I think I would prefer to pay the premium for anti-tank since killing infantry isn't really hard for DW.