Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

seriously, good lord people, go smoke a weed and play a video game

or whatever the hell gets your rocks off, gotta be better than shaggaring youselfs

shaggarings will continue until morale improves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...a54e_story.html

lol :rip: crystal lovely

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

and surprising nobody: hq2 is in nova

if you added up all the resources local governments spent licking jeff’s balls when it was going to be there from the very beginning you could probably house a bunch of people or build a park or keep a local hospital open

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
does chuck tingle take commissions?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El_Elegante posted:

does chuck tingle take commissions?

I'm pretty sure he does.

qirex posted:

if you added up all the resources local governments spent licking jeff’s balls when it was going to be there from the very beginning you could probably house a bunch of people or build a park or keep a local hospital open

Pretty much.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pounded in the butt by a regional tax incentive package

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

yeah, sure sucks to be a *checks notes* lockmart cube farmer gettin' gentrified out of the incredibly cool neighborhood of crystal lovely

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
coming soon: shaggared in the butt by my hoverboard battery

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's always a fun experiment is when some CHUD (full on or adjacent) goes "Why is the government involved in the business of X?" to go "Why is the government involved in giving billions of dollars to businesses that don't need government help to stay afloat?"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Doom Mathematic posted:

Yes, adding a motor to a bicycle makes it more safe.

This but unironically. I don't like riding my bike in Seattle due to the speed differential.

The honda cub is the peoples motorcycle and is basically just that. Super light, super thin tires (makes it very maneuverable low speed), 100mpg. Its exciting they're selling them again in America but I'd love to see the cost fall... you could get a full sized motorcycle for 3600 dollars, when sym was making and selling the cub a few years ago I think they retailed for more like 2000, but that was much more faithful to the original design and the new one has some nice upgrades (disc brakes, abs, fuel injection)

Local governments should incentivize small scooter ownership, by allowing them in bike lanes (speed limit 15 mph or something), adding free scooter/motorcycle parking downtown, and allowing them to lanesplit.

Electric bikes are good too, I'd love to see them with some bigger batteries that can get to highway speeds for short stints (i.e make them motorcycles, keep the pedals maybe, or not who cares)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/tallahassee-yoga-shooter-incel-far-right-misogyny-video

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ADINSX posted:

This but unironically. I don't like riding my bike in Seattle due to the speed differential.

The honda cub is the peoples motorcycle and is basically just that. Super light, super thin tires (makes it very maneuverable low speed), 100mpg. Its exciting they're selling them again in America but I'd love to see the cost fall... you could get a full sized motorcycle for 3600 dollars, when sym was making and selling the cub a few years ago I think they retailed for more like 2000, but that was much more faithful to the original design and the new one has some nice upgrades (disc brakes, abs, fuel injection)

Local governments should incentivize small scooter ownership, by allowing them in bike lanes (speed limit 15 mph or something), adding free scooter/motorcycle parking downtown, and allowing them to lanesplit.

Electric bikes are good too, I'd love to see them with some bigger batteries that can get to highway speeds for short stints (i.e make them motorcycles, keep the pedals maybe, or not who cares)

actually we should get rid of all that trash and just build transit, which is functional for all people

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

Ban cars from city centers

they did this in eugene oregon for a time

the cops still parked cars in there though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ADINSX posted:

bigger batteries that can get to highway speeds

this sounds like a great way to have your tires explode and your brakes fail

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

syscall girl posted:

they did this in eugene oregon for a time

the cops still parked cars in there though

as if eugene qualifies for a city lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
there’s a guy at my workplace with an electric motorcycle; it sounds wacky

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Krankenstyle posted:

all toddlers goons are bastards

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

ikr

more of a bus depot according bender rodriguez

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lancemantis posted:

there’s a guy at my workplace with an electric motorcycle; it sounds wacky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-dyfI0hAM

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/tallahassee-yoga-shooter-incel-far-right-misogyny-video
incels have committed a mass murder reliably every two/three months since i've been paying attention

Sair
May 11, 2007

roads are for horses

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Spatial posted:

incels have committed a mass murder reliably every two/three months since i've been paying attention

they have a domestic kill count significantly higher than ISIS at this point but somehow there's still no US navy seal raids of reddit and 4chan

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

pathetic shutins just arent scary. dudes in the woods with a compound and 100 guns are scary. dudes blowing stuff up to please their god are scary

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

these are dumb hit pieces

if you don’t like the deal steam offers, don’t sell your game on steam. problem solved.

:thunk:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm highly invested in the video game industry but I'm also highly invested in having a single poop so long I can eat it while it's still coming out.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

weird flex but okay

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
my friend have you heard the good word of kratom?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm highly invested in the video game industry but I'm also highly invested in having a single poop so long I can eat it while it's still coming out.

hell youve been squeezing out that turd since feb 2007... pretty impressive.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

my bitter bi rival posted:

hell youve been squeezing out that turd since feb 2007... pretty impressive.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

what definition of city are we using, your cracked out one or the actual legal and statutory definition

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

what definition of city are we using, your cracked out one or the actual legal and statutory definition

its fishmech, he's going to say the first one is the second one

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

exploded mummy posted:

Legally Eugene is bullshit

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
hmmm, crystal city hq2 it's probably good for residential real estate prices all along the blue line

lomarf I guess it's a VRE station too

c'mon fuckers: hq2 trainchat

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
there’s a nasty bacteria that’s called VRE too. it’s in poop

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El_Elegante posted:

I knew poo poo posting was infectious

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
imagining taking the train in from spotsylvania to a job at hq2

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

El_Elegante posted:

this makes me laugh because fishmech was posting the other day about the rise in rates of diseases related to eating rear end

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ya, also that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

prisoner of waffles posted:

hmmm, crystal city hq2 it's probably good for residential real estate prices all along the blue line

lomarf I guess it's a VRE station too

c'mon fuckers: hq2 trainchat

not gonna lie i knew it was gonna be nova but i genuinely thought they were gonna try to build their own little fiefdom on one of the new silver line stations between reston and dulles

turns out he's too chickenshit to even do that. the whole thing was a loving bluff like we all knew it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shaggar posted:

bicycles hit maybe 10mph which is 15mph lower than the residential speeds around here.

sounds like there’s an idiot hellfucker who needs remedial driver’s ed before he can safely use the roadway

you left out an important word that makes your whole point moot

I’ll give you a hint: it starts with an l and ends with a t