Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo so rarely uses roman numerals, but I've started to see it more now and it's freaking me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

V is the JoJo series' move into openworld gameplay

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Julias posted:

So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?

One is set in Italy and the other is set in ancient Rome.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neither lists tonegawa

men and women suck

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the jojo part 5 anime is over now, it is irrelevant now that everyone can play the ps2 game in english

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Goblin slayer seems like an alt-right wet dream to teach their children about how you can't empathize with others. I feel dirty and gross watching that poo poo.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Goblin Slayer has gone 3 episodes without being gross, I hope it keeps this up.

Man I really wish that the ace attorney anime could skip the next trial, it's so loving terrible and dumb. At least bridge and beginning are really good; iirc beginning doesn't have phoenix in it at all, it's just mia and edgeworth
Don't know what show you're watching, it's still fascist claptrap.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

women prove themselves superior yet again

yeah dakaichi is a real heavy hitter

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dakaichi is drat legit.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dekaichi(chi)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

feel like there must be a small sample size for a hidive show to top one of the lists tho

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Motto posted:

feel like there must be a small sample size for a hidive show to top one of the lists tho

If it's anything like the last one of those I saw, it's strictly self-reporting, they don't go out and poll fans at all. So it's about as accurate as me saying Release the Spyce is the best show on HiDive.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kater posted:

Dakaichi is drat legit.

come on we can't condemn goblin slayer and then praise that, makes no sense

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was a bit confused, but apparently the manga and the anime have different titles?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

life is chaos vincey.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

jump in now and enjoy this seasons biggest hit :)

It's true I'm enjoying Bloom Into You

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dogsicle posted:

neither lists tonegawa

men and women suck

#1 among salarymen and office ladies

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Double Decker isn't on either top 10 and that's ins anely hosed up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

it's trash but not even in the same ballpark of badness as the goblin show lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

episode 1 had one guy get the other guy drunk, bring him to his apartment and then molests him until he runs away.

then he chases him while saying it only makes it more fun for him, molests him again and forces to other guy to give into his advances. much different

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Psst, ADTRW Secret Santa Thread is up for anybody who might have missed it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

episode 1 had one guy get the other guy drunk, bring him to his apartment and then molests him until he runs away.

then he chases him while saying it only makes it more fun for him, molests him again and forces to other guy to give into his advances. much different

None of that is honest and you typing it up and asking how it compares to girls getting raped and beheaded or whatever by monsters makes me really not want to have this conversation.

kater fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dakaichi does lead with sexual assault but i'm gonna bet that it's framed much differently and also the rest of the text isn't riffing on fascist tropes. so it doesn't get off scot-free but also i don't think i've seen anybody even bring it up here except for this disingenuous attempt at drawing a comparison.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Julias posted:

Psst, ADTRW Secret Santa Thread is up for anybody who might have missed it.

Aaah, it was really fun last year, but I don't know if I'm financially stable enough to do it this year. Hopefully if I get this job I interviewed for.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Season 3 of Index is such a mess. I have no idea anymore who belongs to what faction, what any of the factions want and why, and how any of the bullshit of the past two episodes ties back to the bullshit of the first three episodes. I barely remember who Move Point is, I have no idea why she's suddenly important, and I genuinely have no idea if I'm supposed to know who Aleister is. The writing in the Index series has never been particularly coherent, but I don't remember the first two seasons being this loving confusing.

On the other hand, the last two episodes didn't have Index or Toma. So that's good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what do you expect when the eponymous character sucks so much and the protagonist somehow sucks even worse?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Index S3 seems to be covering as much ground as it can so that a ton of chars and fights get animated. It's cool as an outlet of fanservice but if you actually want the intrigue of what's going on here the light novels are way meatier.

It's probably going to slow down from its breakneck pace once the story reaches the arc that everyone wanted animated

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think it really matters what anyone here is trying to do, honestly. Not in the anime, and not in the novels either. It's just an excuse for a billion characters you've never met to spout one-liners and kill each other.

Although you are supposed to know who Alesteir is: he's the shadowy leader of Academy City, who's also a wizard. He's been mentioned from the very beginning of the series, and basically everything that's ever happened is his fault.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 4, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've only seen Index S1, but Alesteir is the upside-down floaty guy in the tube right?

Also, watching through Railgun before it goes off Crunchy and just starting S. Is there anything in Index S2 I should know before going into S? I found that I would have missed some concepts in Railgun S1 if I hadn't watched Index S1 beforehand.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dogsicle posted:

dakaichi does lead with sexual assault but i'm gonna bet that it's framed much differently and also the rest of the text isn't riffing on fascist tropes. so it doesn't get off scot-free but also i don't think i've seen anybody even bring it up here except for this disingenuous attempt at drawing a comparison.

All gay men are sexual molesters is a wretched loving stereotype and it's insanely dangerous and lovely to even have it in something in tyool 2018.

Julias posted:

So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?

JoJo has been amazing this year. Anyway the difference you're looking for is part v stars gio "venom" Giovanna, who is just an echo of big dio

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Zombiegirl show is very cute, I enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of hanging out with my friends as a kid.

We weren't zombies, of course. We were just stupid!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Zombiegirl show is very cute, I enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of hanging out with my friends as a kid.

Nice cover.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

My SO is a huge fan of the show, which I've found surprising since he isn't into slice of life style stuff but he says it totally isn't slice of life so :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I've only seen Index S1, but Alesteir is the upside-down floaty guy in the tube right?

Also, watching through Railgun before it goes off Crunchy and just starting S. Is there anything in Index S2 I should know before going into S? I found that I would have missed some concepts in Railgun S1 if I hadn't watched Index S1 beforehand.

anything from index you need to know in railgun is also covered in railgun.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that guy.

I'm usually not big on recap episodes, but come on guys, it's been seven years. A little refresher here and there wouldn't kill anyone.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's nothing to remember, really. new bad guy arrives, bad guy menaces girl, new unimportant side characters appear, touma spends several hours preaching and gushing out enough blood to fill a tanker truck, touma punches out bad guy, girl enters the eternal limbo that is touma's ridiculously outsized harem. repeat ad nauseum.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sure, that's the easy part, but we just got to the part where Touma disappears entirely and you have to remember who everyone in BLOCK and GROUP and ITEM is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Polsy posted:

Sure, that's the easy part, but we just got to the part where Touma disappears entirely and you have to remember who everyone in BLOCK and GROUP and ITEM is.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unimportant side characters

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It has a certain "coming-of-age" feel in how they're trying to make the most out of their situation through their idol'ing, especially since most of them seem to be fairly young. Except... y'know, they're cute zombie girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Araki posted:

On the other hand, the last two episodes didn't have Index or Toma. So that's good.