Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

I think I want smash but it's £60 and then there's the £25 season pass on top of that and I refuse to pay that much for a video game. I sold my copies of botw and Odyssey because I haven't played them for over 8 months and I might sell my switch because there's honestly nothing on the horizon I'm interested in except metroid prime 4 and that's likely years away yet.

Video games should cost more than $60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Heath posted:

It's legit crazy to me how many people, even in this very thread, have somehow never played a Zelda game until very recently. Like not even from a taste perspective, but how do you play video games for any length of time and not encounter at least one Zelda?

I’m old but my introduction to gaming was on the family Amiga and Atari in the 80s. I played primarily PC games. Friends had consoles but we didn’t play them together that much, I mean I’d seen Zelda games but never spent any real time on them. Wasn’t until I got older and had less time and appetite to have a gaming PC that I started buying consoles since my laptops weren’t great for games.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

HenryEx posted:

It occured to me that all i have on switch is single player games so far. I need some coop / company action. Would be really sweet to have something very casual to pass the time, so i have something to bring along to a friend's house on board game night, to fill the time with others while we wait for a certain someone's notorious 15-minute turns.

Any good, i dunno how to call it, "parlor games" for the switch? Bonus if i don't have to buy more joycons and we can just pass the ones i have. Extra bonus if there's any casual board games on the switch so we can board game while we board game

(no monopoly)

There's going to be a barrage of electronic versions of modern board games in the near future. But if you want something now, there are Jackbox Party Packs that you can play with just a mobile phone as a controller.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
If I've never played Diablo 3 is the switch version a pretty good way to play it? Ya'll seem to be saying pretty good things about it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Circle Nine posted:

If I've never played Diablo 3 is the switch version a pretty good way to play it? Ya'll seem to be saying pretty good things about it.

Yes absolutely.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Circle Nine posted:

Its as good as any other current console version which is to say all roughly equal with each other and superior to the PC version.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I have Diablo 3 on PC, but haven't played in ages... since before the Auction House closed, and before they added the Necromancer (which was my go-to class in Diablo 2)... all of this talk is tempting me to get it for Switch sometime. Though I'll probably wait til after I've gotten a larger memory card.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Diablo any good for folks who focus on single player stuff, or is it a 'don't even bother'?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

YggiDee posted:

Is Diablo any good for folks who focus on single player stuff, or is it a 'don't even bother'?

It’s great for single player.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If my put my Switch account on my friends system in addition to mine, can they download my games and play online with me?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SeANMcBAY posted:

If my put my Switch account on my friends system in addition to mine, can they download my games and play online with me?

I doubt you can play at the same time as that would be a huge exploit.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

poo poo, diablo 3? i haven't played a single player blizzard game on a nintendo console in a looongg time.... maybe i should do that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I doubt you can play at the same time as that would be a huge exploit.

I know you can share games. I’m just wondering if you can for online ones as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

I know you can share games. I’m just wondering if you can for online ones as well.

Yes and no. They can play your online games, but only under your account so anything they do will count as you (you'll want then to disable cloud saves on that title so your saves don't get mixed or replaced with one another's) and you can't both play the same title simultaneously

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Yes and no. They can play your online games, but only under your account so anything they do will count as you (you'll want then to disable cloud saves on that title so your saves don't get mixed or replaced with one another's) and you can't both play the same title simultaneously

Lame but expected. Thanks.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I've been playing Ghouls and Ghosts and that game is utter bullshit. The boss of stage three gets a free hit on you unless you jump at just the right time because they wrap around the screen and come out where your character is. There is zero chance chance to see it coming. Cheap as hell.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

I've been playing Ghouls and Ghosts and that game is cheap as hell.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Ayyy, what's the threads opinion of Hover? Been in my wish list for a while, but really wondering if it's worth 25$.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Corpse explosion Necromancer is so good.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Over There posted:

Video games should cost more than $60

Never pay more than 37 bucks and 82 cents for a video game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/1058894361486753792?s=19

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That’s a great game for her to check out tbh. Seems her style

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Frankston posted:

I think I want smash but it's £60 and then there's the £25 season pass on top of that and I refuse to pay that much for a video game.

Do you seriously think you're not going to get 60 dollars worth of entertainment out of loving SMASH BROS.?!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s awesome. I always liked her.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Dugong posted:

Corpse explosion Necromancer is so good.

Yeah it really is, just played my battery from 100% to 3% when I was only intending on quickly creating a character.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TaurusOxford posted:

Do you seriously think you're not going to get 60 dollars worth of entertainment out of loving SMASH BROS.?!
everyone has different ideas about how much they want to spend on video games

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s awesome. I always liked her.

i don't hate the music but did applause or w/e it's actually titled have to be so ridiculously ear-wormy? :sigh:

good taste in games, tho

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mods change title to "Yes, buy Diablo 3"

it really is just plain fun and it allows you to customize your experience to an almost Disgaea-level of "how much challenge, what do you want your silly helmet to look like, oh hey do you also want to say gently caress you to having distinct skill trees and just pick and choose whatever the gently caress you want in your active skill list, sure go for it"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

speaking as a twice-prior owner of the game (first on pc, then on ps4 because "wait d3 on a console? and it's good?") and therefore a certifiable loving moron for giving blizzard so much money:

Portable Diablo 3 loving Owns

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Stop it you guys

You're gonna make me buy it when I'm barely halfway through dark souls

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm on the home stretch myself, just made it to anor londo. just a couple more bosses til the credits

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

So I decided to take the plunge on Taiko and found that it owns with the touch controls. It's pretty fun to just drum on the switch with your fingers. I ended up getting really into it and my fingers hurt a little now. This is probably going to lead to early onset arthritis. It beats the hell out of using the joycons or buttons.

Definitely going to try getting a drum controller at some point. So far I've seen a Hori one and a Finera brand one. I also have a gamecube usb adapter and was considering getting some Donkey Konga bongos. Does anyone here have any experience playing with any of them? How is the experience? I've seen some reviews for both of the non DK controllers and some of them seem to say that some parts of them are not very responsive.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not finished with the story but I made a new character for adventure mode and I can see exactly why it helps with end game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looper posted:

i'm on the home stretch myself, just made it to anor londo. just a couple more bosses til the credits

Uh, thats like half way, maybe less depending on optional areas youve done already.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I stupidly bought Dark Souls for a 4th time, purely for the novelty of having it on a handheld and it was totally worth it.

Really wish they had made it so you could play online and use sleep mode though. What a drag that you have to play offline to play it as a proper portable game.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I just realized we're getting TwinBee 1 on NESflix, so that gives me hope for some Famicom titles. I wonder if they'll do another extra thing like Zelda SP.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
but everyone here knows these filthy apps will degrade the pure gaming experience of the nintendo switch console and furthermore

Heath posted:

I just realized we're getting TwinBee 1 on NESflix, so that gives me hope for some Famicom titles. I wonder if they'll do another extra thing like Zelda SP.
I think the Nintendo Europe site mentioned a SP version of SMB3. I suspect it'll just be something like starting the game with the 28 P-Wings cheat enabled.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

So I decided to take the plunge on Taiko and found that it owns with the touch controls. It's pretty fun to just drum on the switch with your fingers. I ended up getting really into it and my fingers hurt a little now. This is probably going to lead to early onset arthritis. It beats the hell out of using the joycons or buttons.

Definitely going to try getting a drum controller at some point. So far I've seen a Hori one and a Finera brand one. I also have a gamecube usb adapter and was considering getting some Donkey Konga bongos. Does anyone here have any experience playing with any of them? How is the experience? I've seen some reviews for both of the non DK controllers and some of them seem to say that some parts of them are not very responsive.
There's always sausages :v: (or probably capacitive styluses if the tip is big and sensitive enough I guess)

Saw some post about the Hori vs knockoff drums on ResetEra. The knockoffs play fine but might not last long, something about a few weak solder points and breaking after about a week (but said nothing about how easy/hard it'd be to fix/strengthen them). Hori ones seem to take more effort to trigger but supposedly break in over time. And there was a video in japanese unboxing and comparing them too, besides the control differences (they have a little separate inline controller) the knockoffs seemed to be louder when hitting them.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've picked up Diablo 3 and me and my girlfriend are playing it through. We finished Act 1 yesterday.
I've not played it since it was new on the PC when I ran through with a friend but it seems insanely easy at the moment. We've not died once and the Butcher went down in about 15 seconds.

I'm a Wizard and she's a Crusader, but is it easier than it used to be? I guess it helps that I am getting loot that I can actually use which I never did when it was new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The Torna DLC for XC2 is kinda weird, the whole new yet still old battle system is kinda throwing me for a loop.