Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's too bad brad can't name games and it looks like poo poo. i'd rather it look like old eq than what it looks like.

Agreed, I think old style EQ graphics but with a lot more attention to detail and more props/envrionmental details would be great. Still keeping things low poly though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Ehud posted:

The next pre-alpha phase will have all classes implemented up to level 40.

see you all there!!!

Oh man, how do you get in?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Victorkm posted:

Oh man, how do you get in?

:10bux:

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

times 1000

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A bargain when you consider how long it takes to reach max level!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hayden. posted:

Agreed, I think old style EQ graphics but with a lot more attention to detail and more props/envrionmental details would be great. Still keeping things low poly though

yeah i'm a fan of low poly and i wish it had its time in the light that 8-bit graphics did.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I've followed this game since it was announced on and off, and all my EQ pals have been hyped, but after all this time it still looks like a dumpster fire, I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping it.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah i'm a fan of low poly and i wish it had its time in the light that 8-bit graphics did.

I mean minecraft is a multibillion dollar industry now, though I get that's not quite the same thing.

It's sort of a pipe dream of mine to recreate Everquest in Unreal, keeping the same map layouts and graphics, but adding a ton of depth. I want hidden little interactive items and events everywhere, I want cities to feel like everything is custom and hand made, I want there to be lore that's evident just from the environment, like what you see in Myst and Riven. So basically just a lot of density to the environmental content. I want someone new to go into North Freeport and be able to explore for hours and keep finding cool new things and slowly piece together storyline from it. When you sit and camp at a single place killing mobs for hours, I want there to be more to do in an area between spawns and not just have 5 polygons worth of sand and a 3 polygons of a tent.

This is more what I wish Pantheon was, instead of just another RNG poopfest. I feel like it's a more realistic goal than trying to recreate Vanguard with 1/100th the budget.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 20, 2018

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

hayden. posted:

I mean minecraft is a multibillion dollar industry now, though I get that's not quite the same thing.

It's sort of a pipe dream of mine to recreate Everquest in Unreal, keeping the same map layouts and graphics, but adding a ton of depth. I want hidden little interactive items and events everywhere, I want cities to feel like everything is custom and hand made, I want there to be lore that's evident just from the environment, like what you see in Myst and Riven. So basically just a lot of density to the environmental content. I want someone new to go into North Freeport and be able to explore for hours and keep finding cool new things and slowly piece together storyline from it. When you sit and camp at a single place killing mobs for hours, I want there to be more to do in an area between spawns and not just have 5 polygons worth of sand and a 3 polygons of a tent.

This is more what I wish Pantheon was, instead of just another RNG poopfest. I feel like it's a more realistic goal than trying to recreate Vanguard with 1/100th the budget.

where do i send my $800

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Goon project. I’ll start the thread.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
poo poo the internet is used by everyone. That idea is now ruined. Sorry but hidden poo poo doesn't work anymore in the day of discord and everyone being connected.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is a real game that will be released

https://twitter.com/aradune/status/1048320458087530497?s=21

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

It all looks like art and animation stuff. I join the vote to go low-poly.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's too bad brad can't name games and it looks like poo poo. i'd rather it look like old eq than what it looks like.

I always thought he named this after his opioid abuse related erectile dysfunction.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Xolve posted:

I always thought he named this after his opioid abuse related erectile dysfunction.

Wait, opioid abuse can cause ED? I'm uhhh asking for a friend

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought he was into benzos anyway.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Subjunctive posted:

He was into whatever he could steal from peoples desks.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

Node posted:

Just balance it out with some meth. All you'll need is four strokes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Node posted:

Yes, yes it can

Subjunctive posted:

Point still stands.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 23, 2018

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/alexensual/status/1055283866599149571?s=21

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I don't get it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A very underwhelming hype train?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yo when's the open beta?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

frajaq posted:

Yo when's the open beta?

Probably the end of 2019 at best.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

frajaq posted:

holy poo poo

Just a guess on my part, but it's still in pre-alpha. The goal was for alpha to start before the end of 2018, but they still haven't announced a date. If we imagine alpha starts Q1 2019, beta on Q4 2019 seems realistic.

As far as I know, they're still grey-boxing zones, designing classes only up to level 30 or so, implementing their IMMERSIVE QUESTING SYSTEM™, etc.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

I see a meme of Brad without opioids.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

milkman dad posted:

It all looks like art and animation stuff. I join the vote to go low-poly.

they needs to hire a better branding manager cuz that logo is awful

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I under no circumstances would want to work at a company where you're not sure if you'll have a job the next day.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Oh that VR thing is their logo? I thought it was for some dumb virtual reality thing or something.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
this game looks boring as gently caress

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it sure does!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I under no circumstances would want to work at a company where you're not sure if you'll have a job the next day.

Then you don't want to work in games. :v:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Thought the VR was Virtual Reality. Nearly fainted from shock.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
yea this game looks like poo poo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jeez guys its still pre alpha i'm sure the devs will show us something jaw-dropping next year!!!!!!!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Then you don't want to work in games. :v:

Seems like even though devs can lose their jobs easily they find work at other studios pretty easily. Or it comes off that way as quite a few form carbine went to blizzard.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
A lot of Carbine people worked at Blizzard before they joined Carbine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

jeez guys its still pre alpha i'm sure the devs will show us something jaw-dropping next year!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, its been pre-alpha for a few years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Holyshoot posted:

Seems like even though devs can lose their jobs easily they find work at other studios pretty easily. Or it comes off that way as quite a few form carbine went to blizzard.

Cool society we got here, "Don't work in this field because you could get hosed overnight" and we the player base is like "Whatever as long as the horse dicks flop realistically"