Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Samuringa posted:

All dogs are good but Missile is the best.

I agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im dead inside but at least i care about spoilers for the book the monster baru cormorant

Holy crap is it out, I loved the first book

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I made Kliff in FE Echoes a Mercenary instead of the obvious trap choice of Archer, The Literal Worst Class In Every Fire Emblem Game, and he gets like 3 crits per battle. He's killed more dudes than Alm, and I gave Alm the ridiculous OP thunder sword

Kliff owns

And to be fair there are a couple FE games with Death Machine Archers (sup Rebecca) but they're still always the worst class

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snipers are awesome.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's a very weird post because archers are usually good in Echoes and Rebecca is just as lovely as every other retro FE archer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The archer guy in Fates was a fuckin badass.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

We could have gone with Bow-vember but Tomb Raider was too early

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

That's a very weird post because archers are usually good in Echoes and Rebecca is just as lovely as every other retro FE archer

Don't say mean thngs about my waifu :(

Next you're gonna try and tell me that Best Boy Matthew isn't good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Electric Phantasm posted:

This feels like the start of a JRPG.

Good news! It is, sort of!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leK8ig3PezE

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

precision posted:

Don't say mean thngs about my waifu :(

Next you're gonna try and tell me that Best Boy Matthew isn't good

He's okayish. He has thief utility and his stats are okay, especially if he gets a bunch of levels in Lyn's mode

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, I just spent all day in RDR2 getting all the satchels. In particular, hours on farming a Cougar in the hills. After a few hours I decide to try leaving the area and reset the world spawn because I only found one cougar with a poor pelt.

Halfway back, south of strawberry and nowhere near the spawn, I hear a guy getting attacked. I go to help him, I'm too late, and the animal turns to me.

It's a cougar. With a perfect pelt. Begging to get a poison arrow to the face.

I get back to camp and make the Legend satchel, and find out that it doesn't double everything. It makes your inventory, as far as I can tell, limitless. I have 10 potent tonics for each core, 30 gun oil, a whole host of meat and herbs...

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched tietuesdays playthrough of The Quiet Man.

That was amazing.

The sheer lack of effort by the devs on anything relating to polish is mind boggling. There were even default unreal engine assets still in the game.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I see this youtube video is titled dog island. is it perchance related to the famous johnasavoia post on that subject?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy crap is it out, I loved the first book

I never got around to reading the first one, but I'll probably get it anyway cause supporting goon writers is always good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I never got around to reading the first one, but I'll probably get it anyway cause supporting goon writers is always good.

It's like why I loved the Obra Dinn for getting into its story through the framework of insurance claims adjustment, the first book gets into its world through the framework of accounting and monetary policy and it owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i have no idea why the quiet man is special or why it got so much attention

isnt it just another poo poo asset flip with added demented nonsense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Published by Square Enix

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh

eh well guess blizzard aren't the only dumbass devs/publishers

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

They took an FMV game and deleted all the sound from it, giving you minutes-long scenes of characters talking with no audio or subtitles and you have no idea what anyone is saying, even when the deaf PC clearly understands what's being said. It's one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made for a videogame, let alone one with this kind of budget. It's downright flabbergasting that no one at any point said "hey maybe we should add subtitles".

Like, the core idea of making you play as a deaf character is good, but then they made it so that deaf character understands what's going on better than the player does.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bet they're really regretting getting rid of IO right about now lmao

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

They took an FMV game and deleted all the sound from it, giving you minutes-long scenes of characters talking with no audio or subtitles and you have no idea what anyone is saying, even when the deaf PC clearly understands what's being said. It's one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made for a videogame, let alone one with this kind of budget. It's downright flabbergasting that no one at any point said "hey maybe we should add subtitles".

The game is getting DLC a week after release that lets you know what's being said in cutscenes, and apparently the ending of the game just smash cuts to a timer until the DLC is released.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

the hosed up thing is that the game starts with a splash screen that's like "only scenes in which the main character is intended to have understood the dialogue will be subtitled", and then like one cutscene is subtitled and other scenes where The Quiet Man is actually speaking to someone or being signed to are not

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phantasium posted:

The game is getting DLC a week after release that lets you know what's being said in cutscenes, and apparently the ending of the game just smash cuts to a timer until the DLC is released.

There's an actual ending, that timer is the post-credits stinger just to twist the knife. It's also funny how that DLC is basically just "remove the core concept of the game" when all they really needed to do was add subtitles.

homeless snail posted:

the hosed up thing is that the game starts with a splash screen that's like "only scenes in which the main character is intended to have understood the dialogue will be subtitled", and then like one cutscene is subtitled and other scenes where The Quiet Man is actually speaking to someone or being signed to are not

Seriously, that's so weird. Giant Bomb kept wondering if the game was bugged and I'm not convinced it isn't because it just ruins the entire thing to a hilarious degree.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The FMV in the Quiet Man is basically The Room levels of bad

It's a bizarrely massive mistake and it's clearly not intended to be ironically bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

The FMV in the Quiet Man is basically The Room levels of bad

It's a bizarrely massive mistake and it's clearly not intended to be ironically bad
I wonder if they just shot all the FMV and decided it would be better if you never heard any of the actors speak

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is there still any chance that it's an insanely bizarre bug that they haven't been able to fix, for ... some... reason, no, nevermind, it almost can't be that

be more interesting if it was though, being a software dev and all

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
All the integration of the FMV stuff in the gameplay is also stuff I havent seen before in a real game, and the audio track releasing a week after is also unique

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The most bizarre thing of all is using the same actor for both the guy's mom and his girlfriend, really.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNlaZBRQ7j4&t=983s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

The most bizarre thing of all is using the same actor for both the guy's mom and his girlfriend, really.
no, thats the one thing about it that makes perfect sense, the quiet man has a real mommy complex

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pigbuster posted:

Seriously, that's so weird. Giant Bomb kept wondering if the game was bugged and I'm not convinced it isn't because it just ruins the entire thing to a hilarious degree.

If it IS a bug, then the it isn't just a bug that wasn't caught until release, but one that they recorded an FMV to advertise the patch for in lieu of actually fixing said 'bug'.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

watch it turn out to be some dumbass loving arg or marketing stunt

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Blizzard better not complain about toxic gamers now after they unleashed the official World of Warcraft forums onto the world.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

watch it turn out to be some dumbass loving arg or marketing stunt
prey 2 is gonna be sick

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

A dude in the rdr thread is super mad and defensive

shocking

cheetah7071 posted:

Rebecca is good and my comrade, along with Neimi and Shinon. don't be rude

i need to play this

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I need to kick the cat out of the room when I play horror games because his snoring sounds like some Jason ki ki ma ma poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

So The Quiet Man was Dante all along?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Played through the Destiny 2 tutorial, game seems fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

Published by Square Enix

And shown during their E3 presentation

• Locked thread