Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

She has had a ton of fun streams with Pat that this thread has talked about at length

I'm also glad the the person that never said anything about any sbfp content at all ever decided to pop up to defend someone signal boosting poo poo here, it doesn't make them look like idiots at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013
Frankly I gloss over that stuff because I don't watch streams.

I saw a million new posts in this thread and was like OH gently caress did Woolie quit or something??

But it's just that our fake internet friend's girlfriend or spouse is problematic.

I'm not condoning whoever this person is. But it isn't enough to make me unsubscribe or a give a poo poo. If Pat were to call for the killing of all trannies I'd have a problem but that hasn't happened yet, so.

excuse me for posting on an internet forum, whoops, sorry, my bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Murderist posted:

I saw a million new posts in this thread and was like OH gently caress did Woolie quit or something??

But it's just that our fake internet friend's girlfriend or spouse is problematic.

I'm not condoning whoever this person is. But it isn't enough to make me unsubscribe or a give a poo poo. If Pat were to call for the killing of all trannies I'd have a problem but that hasn't happened yet, so.

Thank you for letting us know you don't care

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013
I do care. Sorry for shitposting.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nalesh posted:

On a sidenote away from people being nazis, people thinking they're better than everyone due to their gender, sexuality, politics stance etc are the biggest fuckwits lmao. The bottom reply just smells of "You dare to imply the opinion of a transperson isn't the most important thing in the world?!", these kinda people are pushing back trans acceptance by years.

To quote the recent red shirt 2.0 dude at blizzcon, "You never go FULL rear end in a top hat. People stop listening if you're abusive."

So why did you go full rear end in a top hat then?

None of what that person tweeted reeked of that, they just said who they were, because-get this-transpeople do not want people they like/look up to being radicalized by a group that wishes death upon them.

It's that simple

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Murderist posted:

thank you for outlining exactly what privilege is

Also please don't use that term for transfolk ironically or not.

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013

You're right, I shouldn't, and I'm sorry.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nalesh posted:

On a sidenote away from people being nazis, people thinking they're better than everyone due to their gender, sexuality, politics stance etc are the biggest fuckwits lmao.

The whitest, dumbest post right here. An actual argument used by bigots across history and you trot it out like its new.

"I didn't hate them for any reason to do with me it's just all these black people and queers seemed so uppity. Talking about their opinions like they knew more about their issues than I did"

Shut the gently caress up and go back to never posting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know what number re-release this might be but did people... like DMC4's story when it first came out? Kyrie tearfully looking at Nero as she discovers that he's a demon- the exact percentage is completely unknown to me right now- as Agnus brandishes this absurdly massive Darksiders War-sized demonic sword around beside her that she doesn't acknowledge like she's wearing horse blinders or something just seems... Bad. Like, that really sucked for what felt like no good reason besides manufactured drama.

Tae posted:

Pat randomly cancels streams all the time.

Yeah, what, you guys think 4 months of exercising is going to cure 26 years of bad eating habits?

The Bee posted:

I think there's definitely some recency bias, paired with Undertale being well-covered ground in our minds by this point, but something about Deltarune really popped compared to Undertale so far. And if we scale the comparison back to Undertale's "Chapter 1," The Ruins, it blows it completely out of the water.

That and the fact that Undertale's totally released and finished now compared to Deltarune's episodic nature. I enjoyed it too, I don't regret playing it and I'm looking forward to experiencing the full game in 2029.

And I agree, it is vastly superior to The Ruins though I'm not sure if we should call that the prologue and Snowdin Chapter one or not.

Yardbomb posted:

Oh I've never even looked at that game yet, I was going off Steel Ball Run actually being like, a pretty unbelievably high quality work in comparison to the very good but miles back on the scale Phantom Blood.

Yeah that was just the best example I could think of off the top of my head. And the fact that that people would have a good chance of understanding it too helped.

edit:

Pigbuster posted:

As much as I liked Undertale I like Deltarune even more and it felt like a complete experience to me, so hey.

If you enjoyed it that much, more power to you. I'm just worried about setting people's expectations too high or something. I just don't wanna overhype things is all, really.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 4, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Ruins were made two years prior to the rest of the game as fulfillment for the kickstarter, so it feels barren and rushed compared to the rest of the game, and I think it was his first major solo project not based on someone else's work, right?

"chapter 1" of delta rune took 3 years to make and has the benefit of his past experience with undertale to work off of. Also he's said that the full game may make big changes to chapter 1's stuff if he feels it is necessary. He also said that there won't be more chapters, the rest will be released all at once when it's complete.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know what number re-release this might be but did people... like DMC4's story when it first came out? Kyrie tearfully looking at Nero as she discovers that he's a demon- the exact percentage is completely unknown to me right now- as Agnus brandishes this absurdly massive Darksiders War-sized demonic sword around beside her that she doesn't acknowledge like she's wearing horse blinders or something just seems... Bad. Like, that really sucked for what felt like no good reason besides manufactured drama.

Never trust anyone who doesn't just skip the cutscenes in DMC games. They're nonsense, Capcom know they're nonsense, no-one actually cares about any of it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Never trust anyone who doesn't just skip the cutscenes in DMC games. They're nonsense, Capcom know they're nonsense, no-one actually cares about any of it.

nonsense owns though

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I mean, I'm just asking about this scene in particular. DMC 1 was in one ear and out the other, DMC 3 was great over the top chaos and I enjoyed pretty much all of them but this one just seemed like Philip J Fry wrote it or something.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DMC4's plot is fun in a schlocky way, but Kyrie is definitely the weakest link in that she can just be summed as "Nero's girlfriend, damsel". Not that any DMC character, male or female, is particularly complex, but at least the female characters in the other games have some kinda motivation and that femme fatale aesthetic that works well with the rest of the franchise, Kyrie doesn't even have that.

It's pretty telling that when they re-introduced old series characters in DMC5 trailers that Kyrie's the only one that's just relegated to an off-screen voice, and I doubt it's to save her cool new redesign and role in the story for future reveals.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If you skip cutscenes in a DMC game I should give you a sixer tbh

Also sorry for sleeping through that shitshow earlier, protip please don't blame trans people for their lack of rights lmao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

If you skip cutscenes in a DMC game I should give you a sixer tbh

Also sorry for sleeping through that shitshow earlier, protip please don't blame trans people for their lack of rights lmao

Junpei thanks for bein cool.

Also if you skip DMC cutscenes you miss 90% of what makes the cast beloved. Imagine skipping the pre-fight cutscene between Dante and Agnus. Sinful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also Deltarune's writing is so clearly refined from Undertale that I'm so excited for what's coming up in the future with it.

There's a two bits in Deltarune that I enjoyed more than anything in UNdertale so I think Toby's only gotten better with time.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Deltarune is an overall tighter narrative than Undertale and I like it more as a result

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
delta rune was written before he ever made undertale and toby openly says undertale is kinda "what I could do in a solo project" from delta rune so yeah I'm super excited too

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

"A Machine to Whip Your Own rear end" might be the best joke he's written.

Wait no Puzzle Duke's first appearance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

No it was not, especially coming off of DMC3. It has a pretty generic story that hits every predictable beat you could think of, really and Kyrie is unfortunately one of those. It's a shame, because Trish and Lady are generally pretty great characters, but Kyrie is just sort of there to be Nero's damsel in distress childhood friend who's supposed to spur him into action against the Order and she herself has no real personal hand in anything. This is a problem with DMC4's story in general is a lot of characters who aren't Dante, Sanctus, Agnus, or Nero don't get to show up and actively be in much of it. Credo is a character who by all means SHOULD be a major focus in the story. He's the Head Knight, the older brother to Nero's girlfriend, and is also basically the only family Nero has before Dante shows up and he receives almost no focus aside from a few cutscenes where he talks to Sanctus, barks at Nero, has a cool loving boss fight, and then later leaves the game pretty suddenly. It's partially because DMC4 was somewhat rushed in its development, hence a lot of the problems you're gonna see in Dante's section of the game where entire levels are reused and some characters just aren't seen.

Funny enough, the pachislot game that came out two years ago tells DMC4's story with Dante as the protagonist and Credo receives an actual full character arc in that game when he fights Dante on his way to headquarters instead of Nero.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This is horseshit and acting like DMC or its fans don't care about its narrative when DMC3 exists is loving dumb. Like these games aren't bastions of storytelling, but acting like you or the audience are above the DMC stories are stupid when people were genuinely disappointed in DMC4's story because they liked the narrative of 3 so much and they are actually seeking to make another one as good as 3's from DMC5.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 4, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hey don't use trans slurs in my thread and also gently caress the hell off

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It says a lot that, despite being obviously rushed, Dante's chapters are better than Nero's solely because Dante is actually having fun in the cutscenes. Nero makes jokes too, but they're drowned out by all his other bullshit.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Hey don't use trans slurs in my thread and also gently caress the hell off

To further clarify, don't use them in RGD period

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Or in general just purge them from your vocabulary

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Bad news is every thread today, drat. I guess Matt still has the best channel because it just became Pat stares At<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<x100 Woolisvs < Matt McMuscles. Yikes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

In more bad news, Matt's mother apparently had a stroke while he and his wife were on their anniversary trip. :smith:

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1058761129541935105

But at least it sounds like she's doing better today.

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1059200574787387392

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Aww man. Get well soon, Mrs McMuscles!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Matt's tweet after the stroke being along the lines of "you start to feel like your parents are always going to be around and then this happens" kinda stuck with me, since both my mom and my dad are in their 70s now and while they're both very healthy I keep reminding myself that the inexorable march of time means that sooner or later they'll stop being around.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Been thinking about the last Smash Direct and World of Light

Isn't Woolie a big Kirby fan? How did he react to that announcement?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're literally talking about Smash on the podcast right now.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Phantasium posted:

They're literally talking about Smash on the podcast right now.

Oh, I didn't know they recorded the podcast at this time

Whoops!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The final part of THUG2 is the nadir of "Don't read the objective, get mad at the game because what they incorrectly assume is the goal doesn't work".

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Best friends business as usual then?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
THUG was the benchmark for that sort of poo poo and what I watched of THUG2 is even worse.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've said this before but THUG 2 may be the worst LP on the channel

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I barely watched Marc Ecko but I feel like that still has to be the worst one, even if it hurts less to watch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THUG2 LP kinda sucked, but there is some funny stuff in it here and there and it's also mercifully very short so I find it hard to think of it as anything more than whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Been thinking about the last Smash Direct and World of Light

Isn't Woolie a big Kirby fan? How did he react to that announcement?

Because I'm a freak and care way too much about inconsequential bullshit the discussion about World of Light annoys me.

It should not be: 'Oh of course Kirby escapes' it should be 'OH poo poo, KIRBY GOT AWAY! THE UNIVERSE IS SAFE! Wrap it up, good guys win!'

Kirby is the mightest character on the Smash roster with Bayonnetta and Meta Knight being close behind him and he deserves more respect. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RareAcumen posted:

It should not be: 'Oh of course Kirby escapes' it should be 'OH poo poo, KIRBY GOT AWAY! THE UNIVERSE IS SAFE! Wrap it up, good guys win!'

Oh good, I was worried Woolie was gonna be annoying about it like I’ve seen a lot of people be. I like Kirby games but that joke got old quick

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 6, 2018