Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Hello, Cat Thread. Just got this little guy last week, he's doing real good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
What a cute little kitten

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

I am not being serious.

What's also confusing is that she doesn't seem to do it every time. She's still always using the litter box to pee and she's using it to poop at least some of the time.

Sorry, I was just pissy because that is something I hear all the time when I do consults. No the cat isn't spiting you. No the cat doesn't have PTSD. No the cat doesn't see ghosts. Yes, you do need a second litter box. Yes, you do have to clean it more than once a week.

It may also be worth small alterations in litter box - switching from side entry to top-entry (or vice versa), turning the box, adding a mat. If your cat is older or declawed it might be because getting in the box and digging hurts her feet.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Assuming your cats have claws (and teeth), just let it go. Cats are pretty effective at letting other things know when to back off. And with a puppy especially it may take a couple swipes or light scratches to get the idea. If the cat wants the puppy to back off, it's fully capable of delivering the message.

Just make sure the cats have accessible places to go the puppy can't reach them, if they want to be left alone that's going to be their preferred method.

I'm dealing with this with a kitten and older cat now, you sort of just have to let it play out. They'll get the message, cats aren't shy about expressing their opinions about other animals.

I was thinking that might be the case. It's just hard not to worry when seeing some of the rougher play and hearing meows that sound like they could be pained. I'll interfere less, though training Molly to listen and not chase or overly pester cats even without them having to make her stop seems like something I should still work for.

Finishing our move should help; you mentioned places for the cats to get to that she can't reach, which is something I've been thinking about too. Unfortunately, moving furniture to the new place has left fewer and fewer high spots out of puppy reach. Thankfully we'll all be over there in less than a week, which should improve some other things as well, and in the meantime the cat tree and a few other things are still here.

Topic of these two, a progression of pics from last night, as Molly went from resting to a bit too licky and ear-bitey:

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 1, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Antivehicular posted:

IIRC, cats will cache/bury extra food like this in the wild. Our grazer will try to do it when he's done, but there isn't anything near his dish to cover it, so he just phantom-digs; I've considered giving him a paper towel or something to satisfy his walnut brain.

If you haven't seen a cat phantom digging to cover his food with a missing leg, I highly recommend it. My dude tries to dig in the box and cover his food with a leg he no longer has. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Roland Jones posted:

I was thinking that might be the case. It's just hard not to worry when seeing some of the rougher play and hearing meows that sound like they could be pained. I'll interfere less, though training Molly to listen and not chase or overly pester cats even without them having to make her stop seems like something I should still work for.

Finishing our move should help; you mentioned places for the cats to get to that she can't reach, which is something I've been thinking about too. Unfortunately, moving furniture to the new place has left fewer and fewer high spots out of puppy reach. Thankfully we'll all be over there in less than a week, which should improve some other things as well, and in the meantime the cat tree and a few other things are still here.

Topic of these two, a progression of pics from last night, as Molly went from resting to a bit too licky and ear-bitey:

I do step in when it gets really painful sounding and fatto has her pinned - the fat one is more than twice the kitten's size and hasn't had a play buddy in a long time so I'm not totally sure he understands how much stronger he is. Every time I do, the kitten bounds away and then comes right back for more, so I probably should just be letting them go. But her sounds are so sad...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I do step in when it gets really painful sounding and fatto has her pinned - the fat one is more than twice the kitten's size and hasn't had a play buddy in a long time so I'm not totally sure he understands how much stronger he is. Every time I do, the kitten bounds away and then comes right back for more, so I probably should just be letting them go. But her sounds are so sad...

Yeah, situation here is similar, and since Molly is a puppy and therefore excitable and still learning etiquette and stuff, when Salem does try to slip away she hurries after and stays all over him and stuff, so it's hard to not try to make her stop. But, again, I also don't want to discourage them from bonding and stuff, and at least some of it is playing, so... Yeah. Figured I should check in here to learn if there's anything I should watch out for and maybe learn what's up with my weird masochistic cat. My mom thinks that it might be because he can tell Molly's a baby and stuff, so he's tolerating her, but he's less than half a year old himself, so it seems questionable to me.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I wish I had better news to report, but Kitty-one-ear's brain tumor has really come back strong. For the past couple months he lost control over the left side of his face, has been unable to blink/control his left eye, and now he is definitely blind in that eye. In the past few weeks he's been having issues with his appetite and with nausea and lost quite a bit of weight when he got very depressed and went a whole week without eating, but with the right mix of meds we got him back to eating regularly and acting like himself.

However, over the past few days his whole face has become much more noticeably swollen. It's not just the left side of his head now, it seems that the tumor might now be spreading all across. He has still been a happy cat and been happily eating and acting like himself, but we might have to say goodbye to Kitty quite soon because we don't want him to be in any pain at all. :(

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Sydin posted:

My cat is 100% indoors and that didn't stop her from getting absolutely infested with fleas early last year, something I as a new pet owner didn't really understand was happening until they were all over the house and my ankles were a mess of bites. Took a solid 3 months to fully get them out of the house, and my cat was miserable the whole time. Fleas are assholes and they can get into your house in a ton of ways and spread like wildfire, so a topical is a good idea.

FWIW my vet recommended me Paradyne as a better (and less risky for the Cat's health) alternative to Revolution, and it's been phenomenal in the going on two years I've been applying it now. It's a little expensive though: about $135 for a six month's supply. That said you only have to apply it once a month, it's pretty quick and painless to do so yourself, and it's kept my house flea free to date.

I just wanted to mention that Revolution and Paradyne are the same thing. Revolution is the brand name and Paradyne is generic. Both have the active ingredient of Selamectin.

Revolution/Paradyne have been fantastic in my experience, beats out Frontline and Advantage by miles.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 1, 2018

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

paperwind posted:

I wish I had better news to report, but Kitty-one-ear's brain tumor has really come back strong. For the past couple months he lost control over the left side of his face, has been unable to blink/control his left eye, and now he is definitely blind in that eye. In the past few weeks he's been having issues with his appetite and with nausea and lost quite a bit of weight when he got very depressed and went a whole week without eating, but with the right mix of meds we got him back to eating regularly and acting like himself.

However, over the past few days his whole face has become much more noticeably swollen. It's not just the left side of his head now, it seems that the tumor might now be spreading all across. He has still been a happy cat and been happily eating and acting like himself, but we might have to say goodbye to Kitty quite soon because we don't want him to be in any pain at all. :(

Aw, sad. That eye is looking pretty grisly. Glad he's in good spirits for now, though. A noble and beautiful creature.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No, its definitely time. That doesnt make it easier. :(

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
:glomp:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Insurances for the cats are set. Threw in dental as well.
The vet recommended specific kind of food for the kittens, namely Hills cat food.
I assume this is the best food for the kittens and not the vet trying to sell me on a different brand just because they get a bonus or something

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Sefal posted:

Insurances for the cats are set. Threw in dental as well.
The vet recommended specific kind of food for the kittens, namely Hills cat food.
I assume this is the best food for the kittens and not the vet trying to sell me on a different brand just because they get a bonus or something

Eh, probably a little of both. Most vets sell Hills or Royal Canin prescription diets and the markup is pretty good on them. But it's probably good to have kittens on a kitten-specific formula at their age. You could find something similar from a normal brand if the cost is a problem (Hills can be pricey), or just ride this out until they're full-grown then switch to a normal adult food.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Aight. Hills it is. I bought one pack of hills to at least have it and try it out. But one of my cats is a picky eater. So the way I get her to eat it, is by pouring a liquid snack on it.

I've also bought those nets for the balcony. just need to set it up this weekend and my cats can roam on the balcony without fear.
Can't believe i didn't think of doing this sooner.
It only hit me when i was walking outside and saw someone else ward their balcony off with a net.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Don't buy food from the vet. Milly's prescription food is $30 more for 8lbs at the vet than from chewy. Shop around.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I buy them online
drat that's a big difference.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Sefal posted:

Yeah, I buy them online
drat that's a big difference.

Yeah their rates are pretty good otherwise, I guess its how they make up the difference.

Also stop in and have a look at the pet nutition thread. Its a bit slow these days but some decent info in there. Don't freak out too much trying to find the perfect food though. Go for the best you can and at the end of the day if the only thing your cat will eat is meow mix poo poo from the supermarket then that's fine. Just try to avoid brands with too much recall history.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549663

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 2, 2018

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thank you!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Edit: doublepost

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
If you buy from chewy
.com make sure the cans aren’t dented when they arrive. If they are dented, ask for the number of dented cans credited back to you in their online chat. Chewy is really good about giving credit back. They even refunded me about 10 cases of prescription royal canin a few months after I purchase it when my cat somehow became allergic to it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

slooooorp

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The little bastard locked us out of the house today.
I was outside painting some furniture and I guess he was mad that I wouldn't let him come out since he already got some blue paint on him yesterday.

There's a table by the door and he must have flipped the dead bolt. We went to come in and looked at each other like "I didn't lock this door did you?"

I ended up having to climb in a window that was unlatched. I'll have to always make sure I have my keys on me when going outside no matter for what or how long.

Thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 3, 2018

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Oh, a Prussian blue.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Thumposaurus posted:

There's a table by the door and he must have flipped the dead bolt. We went to come in and looked at each other like "I didn't lock this door did you?"

I ended up having to climb in a window that was unlatched. I'll have to always make sure I have my keys on me when going outside no matter for what or how long.

*Sean Bean from Civilization VI voice* "Many are memorable quotes about how one cannot train cats. Not one memorable quote about how cats do train humans."

:catdrugs:

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 4, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I fell down the path of enforcing bad behavior. rear end in a top hat has taken to laying on me in the middle of the night instead if the foot of the bed it beside but touching. It starts with him walking and sitting on my chest and then once he starts getting pets he lays down and goes to bed.

I hate it so much but he being a cute snuggly cat with zero points so I can't be too mad but God drat it Domino your paws hurt

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Terry the wonder cat has been pissing in the apartment again, seemingly spraying in protest. Unfortunately I can't even figure out what the protest was about this morning -- a profound hatred of non-Daylight Savings Time, perhaps? I thoroughly clean the spots with enzyme cleaner and he's not hitting the same targets more than once anyway. It might be as simple as cleaning his litter more frequently (I already scoop it out daily) so I'm really just venting here but drat this is frustrating.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

It's really fascinating to me how incredibly adaptable cats can really be, but also how they can handle certain things just fine and other things, not so well.

Jackie and I just moved into an apartment with a couple roommates 2 months ago, for example. We had spent the previous ~8 years living alone, with Jackie literally as my only constant company during that period of time. You would think she might have a little trouble dealing with roommates? Hell no, she was happy and thrilled. She loves getting so much more attention and having more people to snuggle with. And I thought she might get nervous when strangers came over? Hell no, Jackie gets right in there and sits on their laps and demands attention! She is TOTALLY the ultimate socialite kitty! I feel bad that she got stuck with a recluse like me... I mean really, while I go to sleep early at 1AM on a saturday night, Jackie is up with my roommates looking prim and satisfied and getting plenty of attention. It's hilarious, in a way - she's more social and outgoing than I am!

So I'm trying to learn from my cat's zen-like approach and be more outgoing, and it's actually working! Jackie may have behaviors I'd rather not emulate, such as dragging her butt across the floor with just her front legs while her back legs are uh, splayed up. But cats are creatures of contradiction, each with their own unique sort of wisdom to impart, really.

It's funny because Jackie is just *awful* with meeting any new animal except humans. Everyone calls her the most dog-like cat they've ever seen, which I think is a bit of a stretch. Although she is very doglike, yet with the capricious and stubborn nature of a kitty.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I recently took in another cat (from a co-worker, it's a long story) and while the social dynamic has more or less settled down*, there's a weird "only happens with cats, huh" thing going on where the newbie will refuse to go into the kitchen. That might not be a problem, except I keep my automated litterbox in a half-bath that you have to pass through the kitchen to get to. My extant cats love the kitchen and will sprawl out on the floor whenever I'm there; the newbie will not cross the threshold over from the dining room no matter what, staring in with the same gaze a condemned man gives the gallows. So now I have to keep a secondary litter box in the dining room. It works, for now, but it's less than ideal.

I'm curious if anyone's had a problem like that before and what they did, if anything, to resolve it. He's fine in any other room and he's been pretty keen on exploring the house otherwise. I don't think it's the surface either since he had to stand on the same faux-stone tile to use my flowerpot as a makeshift bathroom before I set out his personal litter box. I even have some Feliway plugged in at the outlet closest to the kitchen, it's right where the food/water bowl are (and which he is happy to use). It's the oddest thing, and I'd like to somehow acclimate him to the full run of the home.

*"more or less" because I have a big tom and smaller dam, the former of which is literally twice her size and almost always gets the better of her in play fighting. She displaces her annoyance at losing by walking up to the newbie and swatting and hissing at him, who is smaller than her. Cats! :shrug:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Cat has currently taking to eating paper. Well, less eating, and more chewing it and ripping it up for the goddamn hell of it.

He is a persistent man. I've admitted defeat and have taken the paper out of my printer (it's a top loader) and duct taped the cabinet door where I keep it shut because otherwise he will straight up open the door and to steal something to chew on.

He's 3 years old and this has never been an issue before. On the plus side, it's replaced his phase of loudly forcing open my closet door and ripping down everything from my hangers.

Why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some cats like to chew. Maybe get a grass pot or something?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Maybe get a grass pot or something?

My cat can't be trusted with a grass pot, fucker goes ham. She's on a good, varied diet too so it's not like she's missing anything. I will say she has the courtesy to lay down a giant puke on the linoleum floor and not the rug because she's a good girl.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

We just adopted 2 cute kitties. One of them is sorta long and lanky like a Siamese but has stripes and more fur. This photo doesn't show it off that well but when moving around he is fairly distinct from cats I'm used to.

Looks kinda like a wild cat running around. Think he is any kind of funny breed mix?

He was actually the +1 with his foster brother. We wanted to adopt 2 and when the shelter opened the cage this little guy climbed right onto my wife's shoulder and started purring. So ended the first and last day of looking at cats to adopt.

They are adorable together. They are clearly not litter mates (the larger one is like twice the size despite supposedly being about the same age of 5-ish months) but they've been together in shelters for a long time getting shipped from another state and then both got a stomach bug and had to be isolated from the other cats. The little guy actually had litter mates but he was way more bonded to his foster brother.

The bigger one does this kinda odd purr gnawing with his back teeth. He's like aggressively friendly as he'll start loudly purring and throw himself into your lap rubbing his head everywhere. He doesn't bite when playing and hasn't broken the skin yet, but once he gets to purring he wants to gnaw on something. He'll roll around looking for fingers or toes and sometimes gives up and just starts gnawing on clothing while he lays there purring away. It's not really at all like when kittens want to play nip at your fingers or are over stimulated. He should be over teething right? First vet visit is next Friday so I'll see what they say.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

FuzzySlippers posted:

We just adopted 2 cute kitties. One of them is sorta long and lanky like a Siamese but has stripes and more fur. This photo doesn't show it off that well but when moving around he is fairly distinct from cats I'm used to.

Looks kinda like a wild cat running around. Think he is any kind of funny breed mix?

Oh my goodness, what an incredibly handsome cat! That kitty is just an absolute *knockout* - very gorgeous catte. He should be a model :xd:

I tend to think he's gotta have some fairly exotic genetics somewhere in there, because while the fur on his body and tail *seems* fairly tabby-like, he does NOT have the distinctive "M" pattern on his forehead that you would almost always see in such a tabby cat, so he's definitely got something interesting going on. Also, that TAIL omg! He looks to have the most adorable long and lanky tail... Also makes me think he's not a wildcat, as they tend to have slightly longer fur, certainly on their tails.

I'm going to be totally honest - given how big he already is, how you describe him as walking in a different or distinct way from most cats, it seems to me like he might be from some sort of litter involving a 'designer' cat breed - something like an Ocicat or a Bengal, I really don't know. But he looks a lot like the big designer kitties I've met, both in terms of visual appearance in the pic and the way you describe him.

Honestly, it's shocking you found him at a shelter just as a +1? Wow. If he's that big at 5 months you may be winding up with a surprisingly formidable predator on your hands, hah.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Great cats.

This may be a bit weird and I already contacted my vet about it. But i'm wondering if its worrisome.
I noticed that one of my cats pee has a foamy white color next to the yellow.
Picture of said pee

The vet says it could be because of the cat litter that's creating that. They also asked me if I wanted to be sure I need to bring in a sample withing 2 hours of the cat peeing.

The cat eats, is playful and uses the litterbox with no issues.
Is this a sign of a problem?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
If the vet says it's fine and the cat is acting normal, I'd say that's normal. If the cat starts to behave abnormally or if they stop peeing or seem to strain to pee, then it's an issue for the vet.

As for what breed of cat you got there, Fuzzyslippers, it's a dhs. Cats aren't really like dogs in that you can look at it and determine what "mix" it is. Cat genes are weird. That coloration is tabby. You have a very nice tabby cat. My sister has a very similar one, similar sharp features and facial coloration, that she rescued from the streets of her neighborhood. That cat's mother was a stray long haired tortoiseshell and her father a gray tom wandered in from wherever. Without papers, it's kind of pointless to guess about cat breeds. Being a "fancy" breed does not make a pet more valuable as a companion animal.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm looking for some second opinions on one of my cats. He's not doing well and he has seen the vet but I'm not convinced the vet was thorough enough in his examination.

Things that are worrisome about him that I noticed yesterday afternoon:

He is holding his jaw somewhat open and drooling. Every once in awhile his jaw makes a "clicking" sound. He is visibly in pain and does not let me touch his lower jaw. I waited overnight to see if symptoms improved, they did not, so he went to the vet today about 5 hours ago.

They saw nothing wrong with him, his teeth were great and his jaw function seemed uninhibited. They prescribed tramadol and sent me on the way.

5 hours and one dose of tramadol later, he is still under the bed and hasn't moved. He won't accept treats which tells me he's not eating. He's still drooling and won't let me touch him at all. This is after taking the painkiller.

Do I need to take him back to the vet? Since he's not eating, I'm very worried about his health. I did communicate to the vet that I have only seen him eat once since this started yesterday afternoon and he didn't seem concerned. This is a new vet - is he poo poo? Should I take my boy to a different vet?

I realize freaking out 5 hours after a vet appointment is pretty melodramatic on my part, but after losing one cat to FIP I don't want to gently caress around with my cat's health...

Fake edit: I did get him to eat a bit of wet food, but not a lot. Hopefully it helps though.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 5, 2018

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
It's really important for a cat to be eating. If you can't get him to eat a healthy amount, I'd say a trip to another vet is a good idea.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Huntersoninski posted:

As for what breed of cat you got there, Fuzzyslippers, it's a dhs. Cats aren't really like dogs in that you can look at it and determine what "mix" it is. Cat genes are weird. That coloration is tabby. You have a very nice tabby cat. My sister has a very similar one, similar sharp features and facial coloration, that she rescued from the streets of her neighborhood. That cat's mother was a stray long haired tortoiseshell and her father a gray tom wandered in from wherever. Without papers, it's kind of pointless to guess about cat breeds. Being a "fancy" breed does not make a pet more valuable as a companion animal.

My sister adopted a dog that she recently found out because of its funny parentage it has some health problems they have to watch out for. I tend to be an easily worried cat dad so I was pondering if it might require some special handling. To me the bog standard American cat has a certain shape and vibe whether its longer or shorter haired that is pretty distinct from this little guy. They were part of a batch the shelter received from Hawaii so it seemed even more likely he might have something kinda funny in his background.

kaworu posted:

Honestly, it's shocking you found him at a shelter just as a +1? Wow. If he's that big at 5 months you may be winding up with a surprisingly formidable predator on your hands, hah.

Thanks! Him and his foster brother had giardia so they had been isolated for a while. The shelter's vet tech had only cleared them as being free of it the evening before so we kinda lucked out showing up soon after they were available to be adopted.

It seemed like a good shelter. I've been in some before where it feels like they are just trying to shovel out as many cats as they can but the staff there were very concerned with getting an appropriate home and you had to adopt kittens in pairs. The little guy had managed to injure himself screwing around in his enclosure previously so they wanted to be sure we had a home ready for an inquisitive kitty.

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 5, 2018

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

FuzzySlippers posted:

My sister adopted a dog that she recently found out because of its funny parentage it has some health problems they have to watch out for. I tend to be an easily worried cat dad so I was pondering if it might require some special handling. To me the bog standard American cat has a certain shape and vibe whether its longer or shorter haired that is pretty distinct from this little guy. They were part of a batch the shelter received from Hawaii so it seemed even more likely he might have something kinda funny in his background.

In general, cat breeds are different from dog breeds because they haven't been bred as long (in general). A lot of breeds to have health issues associated with them, but again, unless you've got papers, your cat is most likely a pretty moggy tabby and is probably distant enough from anything "funny" that it won't have anything specific to look out for health wise. And you'd be surprised at the level of variety in bog standard strays, even within the same litter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

He was actually the +1 with his foster brother. We wanted to adopt 2 and when the shelter opened the cage this little guy climbed right onto my wife's shoulder and started purring. So ended the first and last day of looking at cats to adopt.

They are adorable together. They are clearly not litter mates (the larger one is like twice the size despite supposedly being about the same age of 5-ish months) but they've been together in shelters for a long time getting shipped from another state and then both got a stomach bug and had to be isolated from the other cats. The little guy actually had litter mates but he was way more bonded to his foster brother.

The bigger one does this kinda odd purr gnawing with his back teeth. He's like aggressively friendly as he'll start loudly purring and throw himself into your lap rubbing his head everywhere. He doesn't bite when playing and hasn't broken the skin yet, but once he gets to purring he wants to gnaw on something. He'll roll around looking for fingers or toes and sometimes gives up and just starts gnawing on clothing while he lays there purring away. It's not really at all like when kittens want to play nip at your fingers or are over stimulated. He should be over teething right? First vet visit is next Friday so I'll see what they say.

loving awesome on adopting adult cats and especially a bonded pair.

Seriously yall, adopt more adult cats. those kittens absolutely don't need your help to get a home.

Here are my two idiots I adopted recently thinking they both can fit on top of a chair (they can't)