Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

K. Waste posted:

Maybe there is no "the" alien.

Maybe, just maybe, every single alien movie has featured different types of aliens, with or without internal explanation.
I've been a big fan of this interpretation for a good while now.

SirDrone posted:

We're apparently due for a console/pc triple A game by a newly formed studio called Cold Iron Studios.
But apart from that I haven't head much and I don't even know if it's still alive to be honest.
Based on the developer's website, it looks like it is. They actually just posted a new job listing last week, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Sir Kodiak posted:

Prometheus has a mural of a xeno-like creature and the fleshy xeno-thing at the end. David is molding an existing collection of creatures, and, given his personality, over-convinced of the magnitude of his contributions.

I think I prefer this. It also lines up with Walter pointing out David's fallibility.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like that David made the Alien because he’s my favorite character in the entire series.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Taintrunner posted:

Finished Cold Forge. Best Alien related story I’ve seen since the original Alien/Aliens.

What is the writing quality for this book like? The premise for the book sounded extremely good so I’m interested.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DropsySufferer posted:

What is the writing quality for this book like? The premise for the book sounded extremely good so I’m interested.

It's probably the best of the Aliens novels. It's a good novel in it's own right.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
RIdley Scott laughs at the concept of Canon.

He will do whatever he loving wants.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Imagine, a canon assembled by a clergy who can't be bothered to read the scripture in close detail. A shameful canon.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Well Ridley brang it on himself trying to connect the movies. Which I’m sure he cares about while living in a mansion I’m sure he owns not giving a poo poo.

He already connected them, even if he may never finish getting to the beginning of Alien. People are just bad at watching films. Just to reiterate what most people here know as far as pure text goes (also because I might just make a podcast style video about the Alien films and need text to reference):

The Engineers have played with some kind of goo. The goo breaks down things or mutates them.

When the good mutates things, the end result when it ties into reproduction seems to be some sort of process similar to the facehugger/alien situation (which we see then self perpetuates from that point on).

The Engineers have already seen a Xeno type creation (see mural).

David sees the goo, sees the murals, and immediately starts experimenting (because he's obsessed with creation).

He infects a dude with goo to see what will happen. Dude has sex while infected. He starts morphing. Meanwhile, this causes Shaw to get pregnant with a tentacle baby.

Tentacle baby is birthed to become a giant face hugger thing. Ends up facehugging Engineer, and out pups a xeno type thing. But since they were different, the end result is different than the xeno.

David researches on the Engineer ship, wipes out some Engineers on a planet, and then begins experimenting with Shaw and the goo. He was especially interested in her reproductive organs, and probably used her eggs to make eggs very similar to the ones in Alien.

He creates some kind of spore things (note he started growing earth plant life on that planet, so he was experimenting with a lot of stuff there). Those spores infect people and cause them to birth something similar but not the same as the Xeno.

The Shaw eggs have pretty much the same as facehuggers in them, and they infect Captain Idiot in the facehugger way, and he births a quite not the same Xeno.

One of the other eggs births a facehuuger kind of thing that can infect someone in five seconds. This also births a not quite the same Xeno.

David then has a whole ship of colonists and embryos to experiment on.

So, for the text it ties into Alien as either:

1) WY stumbles upon the Engineers' version of a ship where their very similar product to what David was able to create was on board (yes, Xeno, you can even say this was a "real space jockey ship" since you don't like Engineers; or:
2) Somehow an Engineer ship full of David's final creations crashes (especially via deleted scene where he plans on making a queen) and just say magic science fail safe fossilizes the ship or whatever when it crashes

Either way, they do their job as prequels, as they explain the source of the Xeno (the goo + reproduction always results in something like a xeno) in text, and gives background to all of the movies. The unpredictability of the process and the goo even fixes why each movie has different looking Xenos - you screw with the process, you screw with the final result. Alien showed a Xeno birthed from an egg, Aliens showed Xenos birthed from a Queen, Alien 3 showed a Xeno birthed from some egg that teleported on the ship and came out of a dogox, Alien R had Aliens birthed from crazy cloning that made them super KYed up at all times and made a pregnant queen that made something even weirder, AvP...ugh...has Xenos birthed from eggs that Predators did god knows what with, AvP:R has those same Xenos now come out of a Predator and create this Queen Predalien thing that can infect pregnant women and face-rape people. The hosed up random goo explains why the result is so random.

Subtext wise, it contextualizes the series differently. If the original series was loosely about man's hubris when dealing with the unknown based around a warped version of human sexuality and addressing gender roles and strengths - now it's added to with more birth and more Bible (which makes sense as Scott had just come off making a movie about Moses) with man now dealing with God/Lucifer/demons. Now you have a Lucifer figure that is obsessed with creation and attempts to create like his god (and their gods), and ends up creating a group of angels/demons that he now wants to use to fight against humanity/earth (and given that his god is a human, earth would be heaven - thus a war on heaven). This especially bumps the better version of Alien 3 up a notch in relevance, as the crazed prisoner in a group of hyper religious Christians sees one of David's demons as The Dragon itself (which is another name for Satan in the New Testament), it gets locked into an abyss for a while (Revelation 20:3) only to be released and then later thrown into a "lake of fire" (Revelation 20:10). Instead of being the one - off religious film in the series, now it ties in to the prequels as a greatly religious series in general, and a kind of weird retelling of the Fall.

Darko fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 3, 2018

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I think the wheat may have been planted to feed Shaw while she was still alive.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I assume that the wheat was just sown and consumed by the engineers, who either got it from or originally brought it to earth.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

What goes around really would've come around if they made that Alien 3 script that featured Soviet bioengineers transforming the xeno reproductive cycle into a virus that infected people and caused them to grow chestbursters all over like malignant tumors.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

I assume that the wheat was just sown and consumed by the engineers, who either got it from or originally brought it to earth.

Yeah, that's a better theory. It's probably a bit much to assume that Shaw and David somehow had access to the seeds to sow wheat.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
If they do release another Alien game, I hope they combine the action FPS elements with the fear and suspense aspects of Alien: Isolation. I like both play styes but think an even split between the two would work best for the license and build suspense and fear with a bit of hope.

Take a more survival horror approach where you CAN run and gun to an extent but make ammo, weapons and firepower SUPER scarce so that it forces you to manage your resources and not gently caress yourself over. Make every bullet and flame canister count and reward exploration by unlocking weapon schematics, secret passages, hidden caches, crafting materials plus steam vent and flame traps and such. Create areas where you can trap the fucker or cut off her path if you're clever and plan accordingly.

I loved Isolation but I get tired of games where I can't fight back after a while (which is why I grew tired of Outlast). I know in A:I you could fight the androids and face huggers, which helped the pacing, but it'd have been cool if you could, over time, waste or trap a xenomorph or four through careful planning, clever use of traps and sheer attrition, damaging it over time maybe. I'd want a game where you're always just about out of bullets or missing one weapon part or map that you need to hunt down. Figure out how to unlock weapons storage areas and med labs. Also, if you gently caress up, you accidentally release an alien or a lab full of face huggers.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If you're looking for a "you've got a shitload of guns, but you're still loving terrified" Aliens FPS experience, buy AvP Classic on Steam for like $5. The Marine levels are goddamn terrifying, especially on the higher difficulty levels where Aliens deal insane damage and their acid blood can be lethal. On top of that, aside from a handful of "scripted" Alien spawns, the game spawns a random number of Aliens in random locations in the airvents around the player and just tells them to organically seek you out. You'll also learn to fear the sound of facehuggers crawling around, because they're a one-hit-kill.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The real terror in AvP Classic is getting lost/running past that switch you need to throw for ten minutes because everything looks the same in red mood lighting.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

give me a weyland-yutani management sim. Sim-Colony. sell weird alien morphology for megabucks. maintain control of the colony. climb that corporate ladder

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

If you're looking for a "you've got a shitload of guns, but you're still loving terrified" Aliens FPS experience, buy AvP Classic on Steam for like $5. The Marine levels are goddamn terrifying, especially on the higher difficulty levels where Aliens deal insane damage and their acid blood can be lethal. On top of that, aside from a handful of "scripted" Alien spawns, the game spawns a random number of Aliens in random locations in the airvents around the player and just tells them to organically seek you out. You'll also learn to fear the sound of facehuggers crawling around, because they're a one-hit-kill.

I remember playing the demo when the original AVP came out and being terrified. There was a moment where I could see a xeno glitching because it was climbing on the other side of a window and I thought "well at least that one isn't going anywhere". Then when I was in the next room I heard the glass break and honestly shat myself. Even as the predator it was tense as hell (until I got the timing and feel down with the claw thing).

Christ, Colonial Marines was such a poo poo show considering what had come before it

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dog_Meat posted:

I remember playing the demo when the original AVP came out and being terrified. There was a moment where I could see a xeno glitching because it was climbing on the other side of a window and I thought "well at least that one isn't going anywhere". Then when I was in the next room I heard the glass break and honestly shat myself. Even as the predator it was tense as hell (until I got the timing and feel down with the claw thing).

Christ, Colonial Marines was such a poo poo show considering what had come before it

AVP1 multiplayer was unbalanced in all the best ways and a blast, too. One predator player wiping the floor with 10 marines, or one alien wiping the floor with 2 predators, it was great. 2 was more balanced and had memorable things like the life cycle mode.

That said, did everyone in this thread hear of the Colonial Marines AI bug?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/aliens-colonial-marines-collection/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-bug-fix

The reason the alien AI in that game is so God awful and horse poo poo is of a single typo that meant they couldn't see the level geometry. That's it. It's like Left 4 Dead zombies if they can't "see" the level, they get stuck and can't climb on anything. If you fix that typo, it's a lovely game with better AI, but still something.

... also those assholes never officially patched this even after it came to light. Gearbox can suck a dick.

McSpanky posted:

The real terror in AvP Classic is getting lost/running past that switch you need to throw for ten minutes because everything looks the same in red mood lighting.

The funniest thing in AvP Classic was the cyborg xenomorphs with autocannons.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 5, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MonsieurChoc posted:

RIdley Scott laughs at the concept of Canon.

He will do whatever he loving wants.

Someone needs to stop him, dear lord. Every decision on Covenant was wrong.

That scene where they blow up their own ship fighting something the size of a guinea pig was loving hilarious. Monty Python level gold, doubly so with the *two* falls in the same blood puddle.

If not for forced movie stupidity they could have punted the thing like a football. Back when Scott didn't suck (i.e. Alien 1) the alien ran the hell off after chest bursting for just that reason.

Xenomrph posted:

AVP 1 was way more intense, but AVP 2 is also a great, great game.

AVP 2's expansion started a downward spiral that the franchise never recovered from, each thing worse than the last.*

* I've heard Isolation is pretty rad.

ED: Also all the Atari games with the AVP name were great before AVP 1. Even the beat 'em up was good. God it's been a poo poo show since, even in film..

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 6, 2018

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Isolation is outstanding, if a little long in the tooth.

AvP2 is fantastic on your first time through, but it’s so heavily scripted that the “scary” parts just aren’t that scary the second time around. Of the LithTech Engine games, it’s not my favorite; that honor goes to Tron2.0, which is goddamn fantastic and I’ve probably beaten it like 5 times.

It doesn’t look like it’s available on the App Store anymore, but the AvP Evolution mobile game was actually really fun. You got to play as an Alien or a Predator and go through a bunch of story missions, and you could unlock all kinds of weapons and abilities, as well as cosmetic stuff that you could mix and match. Want to use an Alien with the torso from AvP, the arms from ‘Aliens’, and the head from ‘Alien3’? You could do it.
It had some great “execution” animations, too - the Alien had one where it would jump on an enemy, pull a facehugger out of thin air, and just slap it on the enemy’s face. :v
There was also a really great boss fight in the Alien campaign where you and a bunch of AI Aliens have to take down a Powerloader.

https://youtu.be/UpyEUy_4kv4

If any of you have a Nintendo DS or 3DS, ‘Aliens: Infestation’ is a pretty great Metroidvania. It’s not perfect, but it’s still a lot of fun.
Fun fact: it was originally meant to be a companion game for Colonial Marines, but Colonial Marines’ troubled development prompted Sega to just say “gently caress it” and release it separately. Infestation was complete circa 2009, but didn’t get released until 2011.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Every decision on Covenant was right.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Have David and Ripley met in the EU? I feel like there's some sort of subtextual connection between Shaw, Daniels and the whole archetype Ripley spawned, but I'm sort of having trouble putting my finger on it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not yet. They shouldn't though unless it's Ripley 8. The Alien franchise is too tight continuity wise for this weird side story nonsense. Unless they just want to make a random story where they don't have to follow any continuity, then I'm good with it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Isolation is outstanding, if a little long in the tooth.

AvP2 is fantastic on your first time through, but it’s so heavily scripted that the “scary” parts just aren’t that scary the second time around. Of the LithTech Engine games, it’s not my favorite; that honor goes to Tron2.0, which is goddamn fantastic and I’ve probably beaten it like 5 times.

It doesn’t look like it’s available on the App Store anymore, but the AvP Evolution mobile game was actually really fun. You got to play as an Alien or a Predator and go through a bunch of story missions, and you could unlock all kinds of weapons and abilities, as well as cosmetic stuff that you could mix and match. Want to use an Alien with the torso from AvP, the arms from ‘Aliens’, and the head from ‘Alien3’? You could do it.
It had some great “execution” animations, too - the Alien had one where it would jump on an enemy, pull a facehugger out of thin air, and just slap it on the enemy’s face. :v
There was also a really great boss fight in the Alien campaign where you and a bunch of AI Aliens have to take down a Powerloader.

https://youtu.be/UpyEUy_4kv4

If any of you have a Nintendo DS or 3DS, ‘Aliens: Infestation’ is a pretty great Metroidvania. It’s not perfect, but it’s still a lot of fun.
Fun fact: it was originally meant to be a companion game for Colonial Marines, but Colonial Marines’ troubled development prompted Sega to just say “gently caress it” and release it separately. Infestation was complete circa 2009, but didn’t get released until 2011.

do you still have your LPs?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

banned from Starbucks posted:

do you still have your LPs?

I wish I did, but the raw video files were on a harddrive that ended up totally failing. :saddowns:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
AVP for the DS is an amazing game that no body knows about. Fun fact: it treats the original script of Alien 3 as canon and references Space Soviets.

AvP 2 is loving lit, but doesn't run on a modern PC and there are no good let's play of it. And is likely never to receive a proper port.

AvP Isolation is god-tier Alien game.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, why didn't the lady who just watch her friend get backbursted alive, give birth a slimy, goddamn alien that's fast and twitchy as hell and looks disgusting and terrifying, just punt it like a football.

drat it, Ridley!! :argh:

Them blowing up the ship and slipping in blood is actually really good and funny.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Covok posted:

AVP for the DS is an amazing game that no body knows about. Fun fact: it treats the original script of Alien 3 as canon and references Space Soviets.

AvP 2 is loving lit, but doesn't run on a modern PC and there are no good let's play of it. And is likely never to receive a proper port.

AvP Isolation is god-tier Alien game.
Hey now, I did a let’s play of AvP2. :colbert:

I really do wish I had the raw video files, I’d upload them to YouTube. poo poo, if I had the free time I’d full-on remake the let’s plays.

AvP2 hasn’t gotten a port because it’s in a legal quagmire - FOX owns the intellectual property, but Monolith (and by proxy, Warner Bros) owns the game assets and engine.

That isn’t to say they’ll never cooperate - the Alien and Predator guest starred in Mortal Kombat X, which is a WB game.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish she did and then her foot would burn off.

Stupid loving Idiot: Why did she step on it! Didn’t she see the other movies!??

Other idiots: :shuckyes:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Xenomrph posted:

Hey now, I did a let’s play of AvP2. :colbert:

I really do wish I had the raw video files, I’d upload them to YouTube. poo poo, if I had the free time I’d full-on remake the let’s plays.

AvP2 hasn’t gotten a port because it’s in a legal quagmire - FOX owns the intellectual property, but Monolith (and by proxy, Warner Bros) owns the game assets and engine.

That isn’t to say they’ll never cooperate - the Alien and Predator guest starred in Mortal Kombat X, which is a WB game.

You did? I never saw it on the lp archive. And youtube let's plays are...well..."AHH! ALIEN! OH MY GOD!? LOL MEMES! SCREAMING! RACIAL SLURS! I'M NOT REALLY RACIST, BUT WE SHOULD KILL ALL JEWS THOUGH! drat MEDIA MISINTERPRETING WHAT I SAID! RAPE JOKES! BARRELS! SCREAMING SOME MORE" So, basically, I wish you had the files too so I could watch a good let's play of the game for nostalgia.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

So loving sold. I wish I could dig this up somewhere.

I really liked that script. I'd changed a few things and polished it but it was SO MUCH better than any movie afterwards. Hicks & Bishop would have made great stars for a 3rd installment.

I don't think a lot of people realize Weaver kinda wrecked the alien franchise. She had a list of things she wanted to happen and refused to take part if they did not happen, resulting in some of the corniest poo poo in the universe (Alien Resurrection alien child poo poo, for example). The reason she got shipped off in a cryotube in that script was only because, when it was written, they didn't think they could have gotten her back.

Eventually they met her demands and we got the turd piles that are Alien 3 & 4.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I wish she did and then her foot would burn off.

Stupid loving Idiot: Why did she step on it! Didn’t she see the other movies!??

Other idiots: :shuckyes:

Personally, I think it'd be way cooler if she spiked it like a volleyball serve.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She did kick it.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

She should have thrown it like a shotput.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

She should have windmill-dunked it into a trash can.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Blazing Ownager posted:

So loving sold. I wish I could dig this up somewhere.

I really liked that script. I'd changed a few things and polished it but it was SO MUCH better than any movie afterwards. Hicks & Bishop would have made great stars for a 3rd installment.

I don't think a lot of people realize Weaver kinda wrecked the alien franchise. She had a list of things she wanted to happen and refused to take part if they did not happen, resulting in some of the corniest poo poo in the universe (Alien Resurrection alien child poo poo, for example). The reason she got shipped off in a cryotube in that script was only because, when it was written, they didn't think they could have gotten her back.

Eventually they met her demands and we got the turd piles that are Alien 3 & 4.
Alien Resurrection, yes, Alien 3, no. I’m not sure they talked to her until Fincher was attached and he was the one who asked her to shave her head. That movie was a delightful trainwreck without her influence. But she was totally responsible for various weird stuff in Resurrection, like the part where she writhes around on some kind of xeno blanket because she was somewhat obsessed with the idea of Ripley having sex with an alien.

Strange Shapes is one of the best sites I’ve found for a bunch of arcane knowledge about these movies. Did you know somebody had the idea of Genghis Kahn fighting the Alien in the first movie?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

david_a posted:

Alien Resurrection, yes, Alien 3, no. I’m not sure they talked to her until Fincher was attached and he was the one who asked her to shave her head. That movie was a delightful trainwreck without her influence. But she was totally responsible for various weird stuff in Resurrection, like the part where she writhes around on some kind of xeno blanket because she was somewhat obsessed with the idea of Ripley having sex with an alien.

Strange Shapes is one of the best sites I’ve found for a bunch of arcane knowledge about these movies. Did you know somebody had the idea of Genghis Kahn fighting the Alien in the first movie?

Weaver was a producer on A3 and Ralph Brown somewhat-infamously blogged about his experience onset, some of which references her.

https://magicmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-pop-life-171-praying-for-time-george-michael/

i don't think she's responsible for loving up the alien franchise, and i'm one of the weirdos who will always go to bat for Alien 3, but she definitely wielded a fair amount of influence on-set

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

david_a posted:

But she was totally responsible for various weird stuff in Resurrection, like the part where she writhes around on some kind of xeno blanket because she was somewhat obsessed with the idea of Ripley having sex with an alien.
She was fixated on Ripley having sex with the Alien as far back as 'Aliens', and Cameron (rightfully) shut her down. Jeunet finally compromised with Weaver in 'Alien Resurrection' - the bit where an Alien is carrying Ripley8 into the hive is essentially meant to be the Alien "sex scene", with Ripley and the Alien kind of gyrating against each other.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

alf_pogs posted:

Weaver was a producer on A3 and Ralph Brown somewhat-infamously blogged about his experience onset, some of which references her.

https://magicmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-pop-life-171-praying-for-time-george-michael/

i don't think she's responsible for loving up the alien franchise, and i'm one of the weirdos who will always go to bat for Alien 3, but she definitely wielded a fair amount of influence on-set
Yeah, but on Alien 3 I lump her into the general bureaucracy of Powers That Be that were pulling the movie in different directions. She just comes off as an arrogant star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Xenomrph posted:

She should have windmill-dunked it into a trash can.

She should have lobbed it over her shoulder into a basketball hoop.