Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's similar level shenanigans going on in Kansas, because Kris Kobach is running.

Giving the states control over their voting systems was a mistake that needs to be corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/11/atlantic_city_police_officer_sterling_wheaten_cast.html

Feds indicted a NJ cop for falsifying records and putting his K-9 unit on an already subdued suspect, resulting in 200 stitches.

So the police union is holding a fundraising benefit for him. The union president is one of the cops who was present at the scene.

“A few bad apples” is bullshit.

People always forget that "a few bad apples" spoils the bunch.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vasudus posted:

There's similar level shenanigans going on in Kansas, because Kris Kobach is running.

Giving the states control over their voting systems was a mistake that needs to be corrected.

But at this point would you want the current Federal administration having control of every state's voting systems? At this point at least the liberal states are doing alright.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/erinmcunningham/status/1058508728805351425

loving finally we get the Cadaver Synod we all wanted

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

They should call it what it is.

Operation Free Applebees
Operation Job Creator
Operation Holy poo poo, You're hosed Now, Habibi
Operation This Money Ain't Gonna Burn Itself
Operation LOL Single Payer
Operation I Don't Believe in Anything, I'm Just Here for the Violence
Operation Fourty Thousand for a Toilet Seat

etc.

Operation SMDFTB
Operation JAMBO
Operation Patriot Orgasm
Operation It Happened Here

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

May as well call it "Operation Second Coming" or some other Evangelical apocalyptic bullshit.

Operation Final Judgement?

More like Operation Final Solution

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fallom posted:

How is it that Georgia is ground zero for one of the most blatantly, openly corrupt GOP campaigns? The stories coming out of that state are absolutely insane.

have u ever been? Cuz... that seems like something you wouldn't ask if you'd spent 5 minutes there.

Bolow posted:

hahahahaha

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 4, 2018

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fallom posted:

How is it that Georgia is ground zero for one of the most blatantly, openly corrupt GOP campaigns? The stories coming out of that state are absolutely insane.

Georgia is just Florida with less money, less Cubans and less liberals.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

But at this point would you want the current Federal administration having control of every state's voting systems? At this point at least the liberal states are doing alright.

It would take years for that sort of thing to be stood up. I shared the same floor as the Election Assistance Commission and they were hilariously hamstrung by congress dragging their feet on the simplest things, when they weren't at risk of being defunded to death on a regular basis.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

A better way would probably be to create a nonpartisan commission to replace the Secretary of State position in each state, rather than the current politically appointed/elected system.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fallom posted:

Georgia is home to one of the most hilariously corrupt systems of government, probably since reconstruction.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/pastormykmac/status/1058916541268287490?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Here's more georgia bullshit

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1059093172142399488

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Georgia is also the home of black kids getting federal distribution charges for having weed in two different pockets and going to work on prison plantations for decades.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice! posted:

Georgia is also the home of black kids getting federal distribution charges for having weed in two different pockets and going to work on prison plantations for decades.

Sherman was wrong (to stop)

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Bolow posted:

This really confused me for a sec but the current guy is "Khamenei"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'll save you the trump tweet and post the article that inlcudes the tweet

Trump Invents Poll: No ‘New Fox Poll’ Shows ‘40% Approval’ From African Americans

edit: it might be a rammusen poll hes talking about but there was no fox poll and theres no way its at 40%

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yup.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagine being so insane that you view Trump as a vehicle for god's word. That is Christianity in America

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfQe1TZOImQ

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Arcella posted:

This really confused me for a sec but the current guy is "Khamenei"

Right, but it works with any ayatollah. Ayatollah Nakhbadeh, Ayatollah Zahedi...even as we post, Ayatollah Razmada and his cadre of fanatics are consolidating their power.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Worshiping false idols to own the libs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Right, but it works with any ayatollah. Ayatollah Nakhbadeh, Ayatollah Zahedi...even as we post, Ayatollah Razmada and his cadre of fanatics are consolidating their power.

I'll ruin you like a Japanese banquet!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Worshiping false idols to own the libs.

I'm not 100% sure it's not an elaborate troll but I take things like this at face value in 2018

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm not 100% sure it's not an elaborate troll but I take things like this at face value in 2018

I think they mean what they say.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

its scary thinking of what america could have become if trump was even slightly intelligent

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I can’t grasp what kind of alien mind could possibly draw a comparison between Trump and Jesus. Maybe he's the antichrist and has magic powers that trick the evil and corrupt??

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
If Trump was slightly intelligent he might be susceptible to Shame or Looking Forward Even Slightly, and in both cases would no longer be Trump :gary:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

its scary thinking of what america could have become if trump was even slightly intelligent

Good news! They've picked up on "anything goes as long as you're lovely enough" and we're going to find out next time a Republican gets in the WH

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

have u ever been? Cuz... that seems like something you wouldn't ask if you'd spent 5 minutes there.

I've only been in the Atlanta airport and that seemed alright

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've never flown in. I've heard it's a fantastic airport

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Mister Sinewave posted:

If Trump was slightly intelligent he might be susceptible to Shame or Looking Forward Even Slightly, and in both cases would no longer be Trump :gary:

Absolutely this, you have to be dumb to be that mean.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never flown in. I've heard it's a fantastic airport

Not right now. Like half of the terminals are under construction so it's a mess of exposed drop ceiling and construction materials.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
As long as you can get to Chicken+Beer.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao woke up to Donnie on the radio saying "Barbed Wire used properly can be a beautiful thing" and getting what sounded like a standing ovation. Very Stable totally not a psycopath No No No.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

my kinda ape posted:

I can’t grasp what kind of alien mind could possibly draw a comparison between Trump and Jesus. Maybe he's the antichrist and has magic powers that trick the evil and corrupt??

Nah, the antichrist would have solutions to the world's problems, not make them worse. It's like the only way of hope that armageddon isn't approaching (well, it is, but not like the way his supporters want it to).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao woke up to Donnie on the radio saying "Barbed Wire used properly can be a beautiful thing" and getting what sounded like a standing ovation. Very Stable totally not a psycopath No No No.

At this point he has to have killed somebody. I mean in person.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It’s so loving stupid that people still pay Zito to write. And she gets mega invested in defending herself when called out on this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/edroso/status/1059143522870329346?s=21

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1058898584890994689?s=20

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Stacheldraht im Harnkanal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
For some weird reason, I've lately found myself going back to this 2013 speech by Ben Fountain :

quote:

What do you suppose the life expectancy is of a country that’s lost its grip on reality? Whose national consciousness is based on delusion and fantasy? Whose dominant mode of expression is the language of advertising and sloganeering? [...]

But to ask young soldiers to sacrifice crucial parts of themselves for what-delusions and fantasies? I call that obscene. It’s morally obscene, and as a practical matter it can’t help but corrupt the life of the country. You can’t ask your youth to sacrifice themselves over and over for nothing without the country eventually rotting from cynicism and disillusionment.

The whole thing is definitely worth a read.