Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
lame you can't catch it off the crossbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The KC/CLE referee crew is completely clueless

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kirios posted:

what the gently caress is happening in the chiefs browns game im so confused

Mahomes snapped the ball too fast, before the clock started by ref, which is apparently IG and a 10-second runoff. They had to burn a timeout to save it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:doink: pass lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that should count

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Of all the times to throw an interception that doesn't loving matter that's probably it.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Peterman decides to pad those rushing stats

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

interceptions off the crossbar are cool and good imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why did you do that Nathan.

Did you think your Vick?

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus this quarter wont end I've never wanted a halftime so bad.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Peterman decides to run with 0 seconds on the clock in a clear Hail Mary situation.

loving hell.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

INT MAHOMES

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

Grounding because the refs couldn't start the play clock in time? Cool.

No, by rule for whatever reason you can't clock the ball if the game clock isn't running.

It's a dumb rule but I guess it's a rule. Ignore perma-concussed Trent Green and Arians talking about nothing.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Nathan Peterman is a historically bad quarterback.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Peterman decides to run with 0 seconds on the clock in a clear Hail Mary situation.

loving hell.

He did that because he doesn't want another INT on his record. He was never ever going to throw a hail mary.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How do the Bills manage to have the three worst quarterbacks in the NFL on their roster?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

surf rock posted:

we're seein history folks

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

How do the Bills manage to have the three worst quarterbacks in the NFL on their roster?

:racism:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

No, by rule for whatever reason you can't clock the ball if the game clock isn't running.

It's a dumb rule but I guess it's a rule. Ignore perma-concussed Trent Green and Arians talking about nothing.

I'm pretty sure the clock should have been running because the Chiefs declined the penalty though. That's what's so monumentally dumb about this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fitz wants to die

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
sign Scott Tolzien

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Peterman tried to run for a touchdown then completely bitched out and ran out of bounds with 0 seconds.

Versus a 55 yard fg from a good kicker. By no means a gimme but what is more likely Peterman getting a TD or that kick being good so we at least can avoid a shutout again?

Zyla posted:

:racism:

says the team starting the whitest named QB ever: Mitch Trubisky

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 4, 2018

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We're still crushing the Bucs so this isn't really a complaint, but man, feels like the Panthers haven't been capable of covering a tight end in decades.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I'm pretty sure the clock should have been running because the Chiefs declined the penalty though. That's what's so monumentally dumb about this.

Yeah I wondered about that too, no idea.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Yeet posted:

sign Scott Tolzien

No, sign Matt Flynn.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

We're still crushing the Bucs so this isn't really a complaint, but man, feels like the Panthers haven't been capable of covering a tight end in decades.

since inception, their main goal has been establishing the run and stopping the run.

you'll always be susceptible to play action to the tight end.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hate the Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I wondered about that too, no idea.

My conclusion is that these refs suck. I know that's a spicy hot take coming from me in particular, but I feel like it's supported by evidence like that phantom no-explanation strip sack that never happened.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

surf rock posted:

Sometimes history is fun

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That’s so nice that the NFL is donating $5 for every #salutetoservice tweet to....the military?

:confuoot:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Has a QB ever been sacked 10+ times in a game? Stafford is gonna make a run at it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Joey Freshwater posted:

That’s so nice that the NFL is donating $5 for every #salutetoservice tweet to....the military?

:confuoot:

The military might as well donate $1 of each $5 donation to cops

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

He's strung out on the yam-yam!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

My conclusion is that these refs suck. I know that's a spicy hot take coming from me in particular, but I feel like it's supported by evidence like that phantom no-explanation strip sack that never happened.

For whatever it's worth Geoff Schwartz seems to think any penalty, accepted or not, stops the clock under 2 minutes. Not that he's an officiating expert but I guess it would make some sense? I'm honestly not sure what's correct there.

Either way agreed about the refs sucking. The Browns have their own complaints from that half too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

The military might as well donate $1 of each $5 donation to cops

Don't legitimize the militarization of the police.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SirPablo posted:

Has a QB ever been sacked 10+ times in a game? Stafford is gonna make a run at it.

Ravens sacked Mariota 11 times a few weeks ago.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

pasaluki posted:

Peterman tried to run for a touchdown then completely bitched out and ran out of bounds with 0 seconds.

Versus a 55 yard fg from a good kicker. By no means a gimme but what is more likely Peterman getting a TD or that kick being good so we at least can avoid a shutout again?

says the team starting the whitest named QB ever: Mitch Trubisky

oh friend i am not a bears fan

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

SirPablo posted:

30 guys have been sacked 10 or more times in a single game.

Warren Moon leads that, being sacked 12 times:

Dallas Cowboys at Houston Oilers - September 29th, 1985
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198509290oti.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

not in the third quarter it won't be.
Hush.

Panthers need to score another 10 points before I'm confidant in a win. That last Bucs TD got them within 21 which is too close.

• Locked thread