Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

index and toma are my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I am an episode behind on the slayer of goblins, and looking at the show on its own merits, I have concluded that this is a show by and for stupid people who think they are smarter than they are.

How did they resolve the big ogre boss fight? By building a peasant railgun, or putting the exit point of your town portal scroll in a hazardous location. And because he is a GM PC completely in love with himself, no one was there to go "okay, you may fire your peasant railgun: it explodes into a cloud of bone and teeth, shredding the adventuring party to ribbons. Roll for damage." As you would expect if someone were really stupid enough to put the exit point of their portal scroll in a hazardous location and try to use it to resolve a boss encounter.

I don't even care if it's fascist or not, it's just loving stupid.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*after watching eight episodes of the goblin rape show* i'm publically disavowing the goblin rape show, because the fantasy world where goblins exist is unrealistic

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i haven't watched this week's ep but i thought last week's town portal scroll connected to deep underwater to essentially pressure hydraulics slaughter an ogre was cool that poo poo is 300% just literally DnD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phobophilia posted:

I am an episode behind on the slayer of goblins, and looking at the show on its own merits, I have concluded that this is a show by and for stupid people who think they are smarter than they are.

How did they resolve the big ogre boss fight? By building a peasant railgun, or putting the exit point of your town portal scroll in a hazardous location. And because he is a GM PC completely in love with himself, no one was there to go "okay, you may fire your peasant railgun: it explodes into a cloud of bone and teeth, shredding the adventuring party to ribbons. Roll for damage." As you would expect if someone were really stupid enough to put the exit point of their portal scroll in a hazardous location and try to use it to resolve a boss encounter.

I don't even care if it's fascist or not, it's just loving stupid.

Oh wow, its amazing how much I can tell you must be horrible to play role playing games with from this post.

DisDisDis posted:

*after watching eight episodes of the goblin rape show* i'm publically disavowing the goblin rape show, because the fantasy world where goblins exist is unrealistic

lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
broke: i don't like goblin slayer because i think it's kind of gross

woke: i don't like goblin slayer because i disagree with how this writer must run d&d campaigns

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
These diagrams and cross sections for the poo poo pee machine are stupid. I just don't see how they are suppose to fit together.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 4, 2018

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Enh.

Lateral thinking like that in general can and should be rewarded by the GM, but not so much that it basically breaks combat encounters and leaves players with the conclusion that searching the player manual for loopholes to rules lawyer through is the right way to play.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is an anime based on a manga based on a forum thread that featured a cameo of lancer from fate and guts from berserk i feel like the ridiculousness of how the cast goes about defeating enemies isn't a chief concern for criticism when it's not exactly a property that had ever grounded itself to begin with

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Next time I run a table top rpg, I am going to put Lancer in it.
Even though i plan on running a detective game.
Oh wow, Lancer in a detective outfit, wow.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Are the peasant railgun and portal separate plots or the same thing

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

index and toma are my friends
They can occasionally be cute together, too

... even if Toma has the worst dang luck ever. Let's be real, though: The thing I'm honestly kind of excited about wrt this franchise, especially after I quit it 6 years ago...

...is Mr. Congeniality here getting his own series

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

this is an anime based on a manga based on a forum thread that featured a cameo of lancer from fate and guts from berserk i feel like the ridiculousness of how the cast goes about defeating enemies isn't a chief concern for criticism when it's not exactly a property that had ever grounded itself to begin with

I've got good news

e: that's legally distinct saber, right? I don't know anything about fate other than how some characters look

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 4, 2018

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
connecting your portal scroll to a hazardous location will just make you fukken die when you try and cast using it not win a fight

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also I ended up watching some eps of the idol zombie anime and it's really cute :3:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Also I ended up watching some eps of the idol zombie anime and it's really cute :3:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Goblinslayer's MC name being in engrish all the time and having come from 2chan's version of /tg/ makes me suspicious that he's named after a villain in the Goblins webcomic, which is of similar quality to the anime.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Next time I run a table top rpg, I am going to put Lancer in it.
Even though i plan on running a detective game.
Oh wow, Lancer in a detective outfit, wow.

Imagine soft tiddy lancer in the white undershirt with leather shoulder holster cop movie look

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looking forward to season three of peasant railgun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Goblinslayer's MC name being in engrish all the time and having come from 2chan's version of /tg/ makes me suspicious that he's named after a villain in the Goblins webcomic, which is of similar quality to the anime.
or he could just be named because he slays goblins

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's possible, hence me just saying I'm suspicious. The supporting evidence just being the name is always engrish instead of Japanese, and he originated on a board where said bad webcomic was a meme for a while due to its poor visual layout.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

Imagine soft tiddy lancer in the white undershirt with leather shoulder holster cop movie look

WOah

Imagine lancer in a labcoat and in the morgue wearing the cool blue gloves

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grapplejack posted:

I've got good news

e: that's legally distinct saber, right? I don't know anything about fate other than how some characters look

Doesn't look like Saber beyond "is blond" and "has a sword and some metal plate." Saber has her hair in a bun (and isn't so long to begin with), doesn't use a shield, and her armor is a dress with metal on some bits rather than a suit as is shown there.

Other character looks closer to Legally Distinct Guts, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DisDisDis posted:

don't mind if I do

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

WOah

Imagine lancer in a labcoat and in the morgue wearing the cool blue gloves

labcoat lancer doesn't need to wear a glove with me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Doesn't look like Saber beyond "is blond" and "has a sword and some metal plate." Saber has her hair in a bun (and isn't so long to begin with), doesn't use a shield, and her armor is a dress with metal on some bits rather than a suit as is shown there.

Other character looks closer to Legally Distinct Guts, though.
the sword and shield girl is agrias from fft, not saber. thats what she was in the 2chan thread. and the colors and hairstyle match. i think agrias was sword and board and not two hander too, though its been a while

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
life is short, bury steady sword

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I finally caught up on not watching a single episode of Goblin Slayer.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Captain Cappy posted:

Hell, same

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Hell, same

Same, although I probably won't give it my "Most Avoided" vote at the end of the year; that dubious distinction will most likely go to Uzamaid.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

life is short, bury steady sword

sword is steady, moms spaghetti

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Cappy posted:

Hell, :same:

And I did get all caught up with Hinomaru Zumo, Anima Yell, Honda-san, and Run Like the Wind. They're all decent-to-pretty-good, too!

Also, the OP for Hinomaru Zumo is catchy as heck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sem3UU-EQJs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

have polysics ever been used for an OP

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

have polysics ever been used for an OP

they did a keroro gunso OP and an ED for moyashimon

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

sword is steady, moms spaghetti
lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dogsicle posted:

they did a keroro gunso OP and an ED for moyashimon
nice

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I watched a few eps of zombie girls, do they ever go back to doing death metal/screamo?Because that ruled and the normal idol songs don't feel as great

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not yet, and honestly i don't expect them to

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad it is acknowledged that Tokiyo has transcended humanity.

Boy the halfway point of this episode is going some real places.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xun posted:

I watched a few eps of zombie girls, do they ever go back to doing death metal/screamo?Because that ruled and the normal idol songs don't feel as great

Episodes so far have been Metal, Rap, Standard Idol, Standard Idol, SAGA PROPAGANDA. Needless to say the 5th episode has been the best so far.