Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I played for about an hour just now and it seemed really boring. I'm glad I got to try it because I was really curious, but I think I need NPCs and a story to keep me interested, this just isn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Claimed a workshop and spent almost an hour setting it up with walls and turrets, finish up and realize that somewhere along the way I lost the ability to interact with objects. Can't use the workbenches any my new base, can't loot anything, only way to fix it is restarting the game, losing my workshop in the process. :thumbsup:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
dont think i could ever get mad enough to make a video about it but here we go

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Siljmonster posted:

at that view count he gets paid to make those videos

fo76 being bad is easy money

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

played it with friends

wandered around and killed stuff, got some loot, crafted some gear

I don't think this gameplay loop is very fun. we went and claimed the giant mining base and then the workshop menu to build a base opened which made us collectively groan. then the event popped up "your base is under immanent attack!" one ghoul spawned, we killed it, and the event ended. at that point we logged off.

we killed tons of boss level enemies level 20-40 without any of them doing very much or dropping anything worth using. one of the minermans dropped a missile launcher but I couldn't use it until level 30 which wasn't gonna happen, oh well. to use a wooden cane requires level 10. what's the point in level gating this stuff?

none of this game feels very thought out, "it's fun with friends" isn't an excuse when "just sitting in discord" is fun with friends and doesn't cost $60

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bugged someone here for a key and when I get it ill try it out

i dont have super high hopes for this tho

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013
Every time when I'm not capable of playing this game I feel like I want to play it but every time I play it I only last an hour or two and just lose the will to play, and that went into overdrive when I hit the stash cap.

I really want to like it because it's fallout but I just don't think it's gonna keep me entertained as it is.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Who wants to rumble?

I can finally run around in power armor.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Anyone here got a spare unused friend code? I'd like to give this game a try before it launches.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

I have achieved a satisfactory level of wasteland fashion

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The rich houses are a cool place. There lives the CEO of a mining company. He have a room with a heavy machinegun.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1059178015903678464

The mining company itself, next to the houses, have a quest to craft a mining armour.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1059167571319099395

Theres some backstory about a mining competitions. Is a interesting backstory.

And I got another code. PI, I think. It seems the carrier of codes always have a radio backpack and a beep beep sound, so is easy to recognize.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where are these rich houses??

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tei posted:

The rich houses are a cool place. There lives the CEO of a mining company. He have a room with a heavy machinegun.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1059178015903678464

That's more screen notifications than in an Ubisoft game, yeesh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
so many holotapes!

everyone corpse has a sob story

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Rinkles posted:

so many holotapes!

everyone corpse has a sob story

It's not all holotapes.

I found a lookout tower and at the top was a dead woman along with a tons of baby toys and blocks. At the base of the tower was an overturned stroller and a dirt mound with "MY ANGEL" written in wooden blocks and stuck into the mound.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Gave the beta another chance today, this time with friends and it still didn’t feel any more fun, unfortunately. Where are the NPCs, where are the raiders and poo poo. Holotapes, having to read notes or terminals and talking to robots that can only address one player at once are no way to tell a story.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Found a legendary SMG, are these pretty rare?

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED

With the death of the internet MacRumours had to get a little more creative in their outreach.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Gave the beta another chance today, this time with friends and it still didn’t feel any more fun, unfortunately. Where are the NPCs, where are the raiders and poo poo. Holotapes, having to read notes or terminals and talking to robots that can only address one player at once are no way to tell a story.

I gotta say after running into the friendly supermutant trader (Technically an NPC) I can't really understand why they felt this game needed to be devoid of normal NPC interaction? I mean I get that it's probably because some griefy cock would spend all day dumping .38 ammo into a quest giver just to trip up newbies, but there are ways to code around that kind of antisocial poo poo.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

I gotta say after running into the friendly supermutant trader (Technically an NPC) I can't really understand why they felt this game needed to be devoid of normal NPC interaction? I mean I get that it's probably because some griefy cock would spend all day dumping .38 ammo into a quest giver just to trip up newbies, but there are ways to code around that kind of antisocial poo poo.

You can't kill people under level 5 in PvP, right? It wouldn't be inconsistent to make some NPC's invulnerable.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

My guess is perhaps some point down the line if they actually do some dlc they will slowly fold in raiders and maybe a small settlement that grows? Or they'll just be stubborn and keep the game free of npcs.

Honestly right now my biggest concern is the lack of "dungeons." At least I havent found any really. Also goes along with it is the amount of boarded up homes, I'd really wish they'd open up more homes to explore even if theres not much in the way of loot. Like I just entered this hole in the wall in morgantown and walked up 3 flights of steps and the only explorable area was 1 small room at the top. Open the map up more please.

I really hope they let us do something more with meds and stimpacks, I am so overloaded with stims and meds. I just dropped about 30 radx, 20 radaway and stashed about 30 stims because they were taking up so much room in my inventory.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 5, 2018

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DurosKlav posted:

My guess is perhaps some point down the line if they actually do some dlc they will slowly fold in raiders and maybe a small settlement that grows? Or they'll just be stubborn and keep the game free of npcs.

I really hope so, it just feels pretty drat devoid of anything interesting with no townsfolk or raiders about.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Megazver posted:

That's more screen notifications than in an Ubisoft game, yeesh.

That guy just has twenty quests open at once. You can toggle them on/off in the data screen on the pip boy. I only have one active at a time otherwise I get mixed up on where I'm going.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm going to assume 'no NPCs, no real quests' is just a money saving thing. They just kept the game bare bones to save those dollars.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I'm going to assume 'no NPCs, no real quests' is just a money saving thing. They just kept the game bare bones to save those dollars.

Don't need to pay voice actors if you use TTS for all your quest givers!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Siljmonster posted:

What's wrong with the review, every game gets them one way or another and the game deserves criticism

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Xik posted:

Cool trailer, but it's the cadbury song already. :colbert:

This bird is far sweeter without the implied cannibalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpS-G6J_Jz8

Also: Sea of Thieveout 76

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 5, 2018

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Got out of power armor to use a bench (why on earth is this a mechanic in the game), power armor disappears. Try to get in second set of power armor, game hard locks. Uninstalled. This game is really, really low effort even for Bethesda.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Welp, lots of bugged quests for me today. First the post office in Cold Case didn't trigger until I logged out and back in, then the ticked machine in the far northeast could not be interacted with at all.

Also I met the Mothman that was 20 levels above me, but since he just stood there like a dummy as I killed him. Didn't get much for it though.

And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want them to increase the 400lb camp limit. Like half my playtime today was inventory management.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
unless i'm very unperceptive and just couldn't find them, some enemies seem to disappear almost immediately after killing them.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

ymgve posted:

Welp, lots of bugged quests for me today. First the post office in Cold Case didn't trigger until I logged out and back in, then the ticked machine in the far northeast could not be interacted with at all.

Also I met the Mothman that was 20 levels above me, but since he just stood there like a dummy as I killed him. Didn't get much for it though.

And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want them to increase the 400lb camp limit. Like half my playtime today was inventory management.

So the Mothman and the Flatwoods Monster are both just wandering monsters? Jesus, did the devs found the most efficient way to waste as much potential as possible? You could have hung over a dozen quests between the two to just to each of them once.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bango skank posted:

Claimed a workshop and spent almost an hour setting it up with walls and turrets, finish up and realize that somewhere along the way I lost the ability to interact with objects. Can't use the workbenches any my new base, can't loot anything, only way to fix it is restarting the game, losing my workshop in the process. :thumbsup:

I had my camp set up and the power went out. When I logged back in and tried to set up my camp and I lost all my stored buildings. This was my deployable camp not a workshop!

Claimed a workshop and set up some extractors after spending 10m trying to find where you place them to have them shot by super mutants and killed.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 5, 2018

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Stuff you build at your CAMP is saved, you can re-place it for free. It's on a tab to the left. I believe this also includes things other people build in your CAMP, which could be a cool way for advanced players to help newbies. The UI is absolute garbage but the CAMP is easily the bright spot of the game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The treetop obstacle course right above Sutton, is it worth doing or do you only get something like pipe pistol or some poo poo at the end?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

is there anything we haven't seen yet that's going to be in the full game? Because it really sounds like the whole game is in the beta, idk how you top cryptids and space stations. you preorder folks should be thankful you got to experience the entire game for free and can safely refund!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone found any of the enclave missions that give commendations yet?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

K8.0 posted:

Stuff you build at your CAMP is saved, you can re-place it for free. It's on a tab to the left.

Everything that is normally stored was gone because the game crashed. IE the stored tab only had stuff I did not place last time I set it up.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
til the story inside the last days of VTU is tragic, and all played out through terminals.

Looking at the map at the end of this last beta session, there were some clear groups, but I was off doing my own thing and no one was nearby and it felt like a fallout game, with a survival mode on by default. I like it. It better have a hell of a day 1 patch, but I'm in. I'm interested to see where they take it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Father Wendigo posted:

So the Mothman and the Flatwoods Monster are both just wandering monsters? Jesus, did the devs found the most efficient way to waste as much potential as possible? You could have hung over a dozen quests between the two to just to each of them once.

I agree with this. Stumbled upon 2 level 10 grafton monsters. These things should be quest related at 30+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Well I enjoyed that. Got up to level 27/28, bought a plan from the traveling super mutant merchant for a railway rifle, murdered a group trying to take the power station from me in the last 10 minutes. All in all I enjoyed my time during the 4 beta days and I cant wait for release. Once the games released I'll be able to slow down and actually read the terminals and listen to tapes. It will be nice not feeling like I have to rush to do all I can do before the server goes down.

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree with this. Stumbled upon 2 level 10 grafton monsters. These things should be quest related at 30+

It is. Theres a level 30 one in grafton thats part of an event, and its bigger from what I recall of the level 10 ones. I dont see why there cant be multiple ones running around.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 5, 2018