Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

firing any coach in any situation midseason is a panic move is what i am saying. the ravens dont do that poo poo

Teams that are out of it do that a lot. It's not a panic move it's just making official what's obviously going to happen anyway. Harbaugh is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Peterman has a job in the NFL and Kaepernick doesn't

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there any defense in the league that can defend the inside quick slant?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
flacco with 1 minute

elite time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shoulda just walked him all the way back to the end zone then sack him for a safety.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Instead of running it, you take a chance with a throw and force your old man quarterback to take a sack

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
refs please stop please let the game be over please I have a family

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Teams that are out of it do that a lot. It's not a panic move it's just making official what's obviously going to happen anyway. Harbaugh is done.

nah, stupid teams do it a lot cause they are panicy/ the coach is toxic. you gain absolutely nothing by firing an HC midseason. you put your interim dude in an impossible situation, you show everyone you have no idea what you are doing and just randomly knee jerk around if things don't go your way. its why bad teams stay bad, its why the browns are continually firing people constantly cause theyve decided that panicky knee jerk poo poo will work if they Just Do It One More Time

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
please just stop throwing flags

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1059134705671528449

This broke when the game looked winnable (it hadn't started yet)

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
Jesus Christ, these refs. And don’t you dare show the penalty, Fox, wouldn’t want to see that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

nah, stupid teams do it a lot cause they are panicy/ the coach is toxic. you gain absolutely nothing by firing an HC midseason. you put your interim dude in an impossible situation, you show everyone you have no idea what you are doing and just randomly knee jerk around if things don't go your way. its why bad teams stay bad, its why the browns are continually firing people constantly cause theyve decided that panicky knee jerk poo poo will work if they Just Do It One More Time

The interim dude would have no pressure because this loss basically puts us out of it, unless you think we are beating KC and LACH on the road.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

flags are now illegal

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

nah, stupid teams do it a lot cause they are panicy/ the coach is toxic.

If you're the Browns you do it because the coach is toxic but you have nothing but toxic coaches to replace him with.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Harbaugh to the Browns?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
welp.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Harbaugh to the Browns?

I'd love to see it.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Harbaugh hasn’t shown anything special in years so I don’t really think it would be “panicky” at this point.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

If you're the Browns you do it because the coach is toxic but you have nothing but toxic coaches to replace him with.

probably because of all the times before theyve done the stupid panic move. it kinda lets everyone know you are a lovely organization that constantly think its just one more firing away from being good. if you think the solution to your problems is smashing the FIRE COACH button midseason your organization is just such utter garbage that youve decided to perpetually fire people

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

why is washington still dinking and dunking, just kneel this poo poo out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is loving dumb.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Harbaugh looks like he knows he’s just about to lose his job.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

probably because of all the times before theyve done the stupid panic move. it kinda lets everyone know you are a lovely organization that constantly think its just one more firing away from being good. if you think the solution to your problems is smashing the FIRE COACH button midseason your organization is just such utter garbage that youve decided to perpetually fire people

We fired Cameron late in the season and won the SB.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This wet fart of an ending for the Ravens

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That was so incredibly stupid.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that Ravens play

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

I am talking in general even if you know you are firing your coach, theres very little reason to do it mid season unless the guy is doing some Fire Me Or Else moves.

Kawalimus posted:

The interim dude would have no pressure because this loss basically puts us out of it, unless you think we are beating KC and LACH on the road.

pressure has nothing to do with it. Making a guy a fake head coach who everyone knows wont be head coach next season is just incredibly bad. Its just an outward sign of dysfunction that everyone, everywhere can read

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That throw by Buck Allen was the greatest pass in NFL history and I'm not even sure I'm kidding.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

DT looks nice in a Texans uniform

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Them limply continuing after an obvious forward pass might be the last thing Harbaugh sees from the Ravens sideline

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

We fired Cameron late in the season and won the SB.

cam cameron, noted head coach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol we've now lost to every team in the division at least once

happy bye week

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

I believe this is actually the first time they've fired a coach in season in a while? Looks like Butch Davis was their last in-season firing. Haslem just loves to fire people after a single year. Trying to fix that made them hang onto Hue and led to this, which is kinda funny.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I love Deshaun Watson. The way he plays is so fun

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ghost Dog posted:

I am talking in general even if you know you are firing your coach, theres very little reason to do it mid season unless the guy is doing some Fire Me Or Else moves.

Is it never worth it to give a try-out, or SOME experience to someone you like on your staff?

Even if you dont want the guy for youself, giving him some games coaching will help him in the future

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Better throw more than 4TDs next time Fitz ya bum

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Jackson is so goddamn good.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That was a great opening series from the Texans

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJAX INTERCEPTS PASS INTENDED FOR DJAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

cam cameron, noted head coach

Well I'm saying a major firing can work out well. You'd likely be arguing the same thing if it were that year and people were syaing fire Cameron now. People would say "you can't fire him because who replaces him" etc etc but we did and it worked out.

• Locked thread