Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

Still thinking about the one video some nerd playing Red Dead Redemption 2 uploaded in which he beats up a suffragette and how he keeps making sequels to it in a desperate attempt to get an article written about it so he can get views. Really feel like that is the lowest point you could get to in your life, where you're pantomiming hate crimes onto artificial bits of code because the average Youtuber thinks feminism is out to kill all video games.

The mission in question too involves helping those women gain voting rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Darksiders 2, the only really terrible part was the the earth bit but man everything after that was a giant pile of nothing, sad really.

After spending like 25 hours on it I'm glad 3 is gonna be shorter apparently.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Darksiders 2, the only really terrible part was the the earth bit but man everything after that was a giant pile of nothing, sad really.

After spending like 25 hours on it I'm glad 3 is gonna be shorter apparently.

You've done what I could not... I'm proud

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

precision posted:

I'm sure people are different and all that but if you don't get chills from things like that one Sigur Ros song ("Svengflar" or whatever) then I don't want to know you

Like their career has been kind of whatever and up and down but they accidentally recorded the music of the spheres and bought themselves infinite goodwill with that one

See also the first 8 minutes of Lift Yr Skinny Fists
One of my most memorable travel experiences was when we flew to Iceland, rented a car for a week and drove around from one amazing place to another while listening to Sigur Ros. The music gets to another level in those environments (or the other way round).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only thing i remember from darksiders 2 is i spent a while on some skeleton (?) ghost (??) boss who would 2HKO me and when i beat it i got a weapon i couldn’t use for 10+ levels

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Deltarune is cool.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

si, Deltarune loco

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

the only thing i remember from darksiders 2 is i spent a while on some skeleton (?) ghost (??) boss who would 2HKO me and when i beat it i got a weapon i couldn’t use for 10+ levels

I you wandered into the Tomb of the Nameless King (or whatever) as soon at it's possible to go in there that sounds about right

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I only played UT for 9 hours and enjoyed it for what it was.

Playing DT.. I'm like..

I want moooore.

drat you :shittydog:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

precision posted:

See also the first 8 minutes of Lift Yr Skinny Fists

Lot of their music does that for me

It's funny actually since GSYBE and Silver Mt Zion have both become the background music for the late of this decade despite being made 20 years ago, they knew and felt and predicted the mood spot on

Yeah I hear that, I feel like Toby is trying to make something that addresses today's horror and that is soul-eating work

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I only played UT for 9 hours and enjoyed it for what it was.

you must have liked it to play through it twice

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

killing xan kriegor and earning his skin was pretty fun

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...y-to-snoop-dogg

What

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everyone everywhere fell in love with deltarune instantly and i get the feeling that's freaked toby out more than if people had been down on it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I loving hate the future

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Black August posted:

I loving hate the future

That's one of those things where I hear about it and wonder who is supposed to be excited for such things and, perhaps more terrifyingly, who actually is excited for them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

That's one of those things where I hear about it and wonder who is supposed to be excited for such things and, perhaps more terrifyingly, who actually is excited for them.

snoop dog is supposed to be excited about it so he will shill for spyro

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

snoop doesn't count because that is taking advantage of a geriatric man whose mind is 80% erased by tremendous and incredible chemicals

god I envy that kind of lobotomy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

if the revolution ever comes, i hope marketing execs are the first against the wall

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What are the chances of someone finding and stealing the copy of the game?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Electric Phantasm posted:

What are the chances of someone finding and stealing the copy of the game?

If they’re not stupid they’ve probably already taken that into account and have a spare drone on standby

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
That's a level of dumb that I for one can totally get behind.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well off to RDR2, but I did do one fanart of Deltarune so enjoy.

Also putting it behind spoilers for those who wanna go in fresh etc.

I love this pure fluffy boy. :shittydog:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Well off to RDR2, but I did do one fanart of Deltarune so enjoy.

u act tuff

U GET THE FLUFF

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ralsei is unbelievably precious but he's also such blatant wish fulfillment for both the audience and the PC that it gives everything he does this slightly disconcerting undertone, it's a nice combo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It does work well, it's unreal how well he managed to nail this dissonant tone of a slimy veneer over everything

Wanderin' around in the latter parts was pure "Oh wow it's this feeling again from the nightmare time known as 'childhood in isolated suburban hell in a dying society', hahahaha where did this glass of hard liquor come from????" *GLUG*

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

corn in the bible posted:

Counterpoint I don't think they paid Snoop for that tweet I think he just loves weed and Spyro and they saw a good time for pr stunts

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's all a dramatic lie, the drone contains Dragonweed, the newest and most powerful strain to ever exist, and snoop alone has the tolerance to survive its high

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
Snoop is a weed elemental

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

sounds like you were under leveled

Black August posted:

It's all a dramatic lie, the drone contains Dragonweed, the newest and most powerful strain to ever exist, and snoop alone has the tolerance to survive its high

Challenge ... accepted.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

sounds like you were under leveled

had to make it fair, somehow :twisted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s cool that a stupid small buzzy copter is dressed as spyro the dragon and flying a copy of spyro the dragon across the country to snoop dogg. what a thing to be miserable about.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It’s lame and late stage capitalism crap

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

b_d posted:

it’s cool that a stupid small buzzy copter is dressed as spyro the dragon and flying a copy of spyro the dragon across the country to snoop dogg. what a thing to be miserable about.

It's gonna be cooler when I steal it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Black August posted:

It’s lame and late stage capitalism crap

Counterpoint: Marketing departments are run by people and they occasionally like to have fun and do silly things.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nope

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mutata posted:

Marketing departments
People

PpfffffffhhhhahahahahhahhhaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Ahhhh yer fukken cute

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irh2DkfSXx8

https://twitter.com/ryo829001/status/1058710988025786377

mutata posted:

Counterpoint: Marketing departments are run by people

Definitely not.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

oddium posted:

Yea this is right when you get to the world of the dead and theres an optional boss in a crypt like right at the entrance, that guy kicked my rear end too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got to the final dungeon in Darksiders 1 on Xbox and a bug made the hookshot disappear from my inventory, making it impossible to progress. That's my Darksiders review.

• Locked thread