Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki - Rev Pro British Heavyweight title, NJPW Power STruggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Power Struggle

Yeah 2nd. That was one hell of a match.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki - Rev Pro British Heavyweight title, NJPW Power STruggle

Gonna second the MOTYC, it's just a shame that this year's category is stacked already.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Gonna second the MOTYC, it's just a shame that this year's category is stacked already.

We could probably have a "Top 5 (in no particular order) MOTY" and still not even come close to all the loving amazing matches we've had this year.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

3rded yeah this was more than just a HM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

4th

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m watching that match again, and nth to that MOTYC, holy gently caress it’s even better the second time around

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Power Struggle

So HM stands for horrible massacre now huh?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Agreed god drat that was stiff

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Joe Hendry vs. Timothy Thatcher, Y Division Title #1 Contender’s Match, Discovery Wrestling: 48 Months Later, 11/4

Solid piece of catch wrestling. Thatcher is a drat good wrestler, and Hendry is the perfect opponent to keep die matte heilig. Well worth watching if you can.

MOTYC: Gene Munny vs. Sugar Dunkerton, Zombie Survival Match, Discovery Wrestling: 48 Months Later, 11/4

This, though. This was the greatest lumberjack match of all time. Not a hard bar, but it’s very easy when the lumberjacks are all zombies and the winner is the first one to stay alive. Munny and Suge both play their roles perfectly, as do the ref and Simon Cassidy. Absolutely amazing stuff from everyone involved.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 6, 2018

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Gate of Destiny 2018

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO & BxB Hulk) vs. R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu, Takashi Yoshida)

MOTYC Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match - Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Jason Lee, Kaito Ishida) vs. Mochizuki Dojo (Masaaki Mochizuki, Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka)

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Masato Yoshino vs. Ben-K

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Gene Munny vs. Sugar Dunkerton, Zombie Survival Match, Discovery Wrestling: 48 Months Later, 11/4

This, though. This was the greatest lumberjack match of all time. Not a hard bar, but it’s very easy when the lumberjacks are all zombies and the winner is the first one to stay alive. Munny and Suge both play their roles perfectly, as do the ref and Simon Cassidy. Absolutely amazing stuff from everyone involved.

Will quote this again when the full match goes up, but just to give you a taste of the greatest lumberjack match of all time:

https://twitter.com/discowrestling/status/1059535675337441288?s=21

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Kate Korakuen Hall 11/6

MOTYC: 4 Way 6 Man Tag Team Match - Natrual Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Jason Lee) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Flamita) vs. R.E.D. (PAC, Big R Shimizu, Ben-K)

Crazy fun clusterfuck spotfest. The exact type of match one watches Dragon Gate for and no other promotion can really pull off.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: The (New New?) Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Brian Pillman Jr) vs. ACH, Rich Swann, and Marko Stunt - MLW Fusion Episode 29 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhcvpx-3TnQ&t=2121s

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: The (New New?) Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Brian Pillman Jr) vs. ACH, Rich Swann, and Marko Stunt - MLW Fusion Episode 29 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhcvpx-3TnQ&t=2121s

2nd

Pillman Jr. is coming along nicely and I hope he starts getting singles matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ishii now has more MOTYCs than Omega or Okada this year. Once again proving, that Thomas Ishii, Esq is the Best Wrestle Boy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Ishii now has more MOTYCs than Omega or Okada this year. Once again proving, that Thomas Ishii, Esq is the Best Wrestle Boy.

I'm now imagining Ishii wearing Long Boys for some reason and I'm conflicted about what I'm seeing with my mind's eye

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

I'm now imagining Ishii wearing Long Boys for some reason and I'm conflicted about what I'm seeing with my mind's eye

Nah, Ishii's equivalent of the long boys would be long hair.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

they still wouldn’t be that long :haw:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Danny Burch vs Pete Dunne NXT UK 11/7/18

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

bradzilla posted:

WMOTY - Brothers of Destruction vs Degeneration X, WWE Crown Jewel

I mean what the gently caress

Oh god yes.

However, watching a 53 year Shawn Michaels splatting to the floor on a top-rope moonsault because Taker and Kane didn't catch him was perversely entertaining.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

extradite THIS! posted:

What are long boys? I googled it and it’s either an old person candy or clothes for toddlers

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Okada’s bell bottom pants that he debuted in the WK12 main event got called “long boys” by someone here, I think like within a couple minutes of seeing them, and since then everyone just calls them that.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/948892323374514176

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also somebody (Chuckie T?) asked Okada on twitter where he got them, and Okada replied,"My mommy made them for me" :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, I thought it was Justin that coined it, not Craig.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. WALTER (c) for the OTT Championship - OTT Fourth Year Anniversary (10/13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTemrD73-w

This was absolutely incredible

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Well at least I was right about someone saying something literally minutes after seeing them, that time stamp was like, what, maybe a minute into the match? That show went like six and a half hours when you included the New Japan Rumble and the long wait for the place to fill up in the interim.

Never felt like it though :3:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, I thought it was Justin that coined it, not Craig.

Also thought it was Chuck that coined the Knife Pervert term for White, but that was Trent as well. Essentially Trent booked the co-main event of WK of Long Boys vs Knife Pervert.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. WALTER (c) for the OTT Championship - OTT Fourth Year Anniversary (10/13)

2nd

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Also thought it was Chuck that coined the Knife Pervert term for White, but that was Trent as well. Essentially Trent booked the co-main event of WK of Long Boys vs Knife Pervert.

Somewhere Naito's eye just twitched.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes oh god yes that was amazing

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix, NEW Redemption 11/9

You can catch it on highspots.tv eventually I think, it was Kenny's best match since Okada

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yes oh god yes that was amazing

That was so much fun. Both dudes played their roles perfectly. 4rthed I guess

Good lord WALTER is booked so well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: ZSJ vs A-kid Triple W Championship 4/14/2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PBWKJLGkjo

Dave and Voice of Wrestling have been hyping this match today and it's really fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave and Voice of Wrestling have been hyping this match today and it's really fun.

Seconding, a really good match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Third

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix, NEW Redemption 11/9

You can catch it on highspots.tv eventually I think, it was Kenny's best match since Okada

2nd. Excellent match. If you're watching just for this then I'd recommend at least checking out Penta/Darby Allin.

Also RVD/Jack Swagger is borderline WMOTYC