Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

If some dipshit left their poo poo on the drill hall floor, that ain't loving secured; it's not like its a loving locked room.

Do you know how poor some of these NG guys are? PV2 Shmuckatelli from Nowhere, PA needs to learn to lock up his stuff, not get a $500 bill for non-missing equipment. I had guys that super needed their drill pay to survive...but that's another story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SimonCat posted:

So you're pissed because you couldn't be assed to keep accountability of your own gear?

Pretty sure that their gear was safely locked up and some rear end in a top hat with more power than common sense decided to flex nuts. In other words, army gonna army

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Just refuse the statement of charges, force the FLIPL, and then they will eventually regret ever doing it in the first place as their BN XO and CO become aware of what they're doing. Plus Legal when they review the IOs findings.

Yeah.

Now just leaving gear unsecured out of laziness is certainly grounds for some sort of punishment/remediation, but not the statement of charges they've chosen. If the unsecured area was legit robbed, that's a different story and they might get nailed by a FLIPL such that a statement of charges is just faster, but a FLIPL usually helps rather than hurts when it comes to paying for poo poo, save for all the informal poo poo you catch for a FLIPL.

And if the seniors decided to just throw their poo poo out as punishment for leaving it secured, just lmao, because there's this thing called custodial control of property that basically says you're not allowed to just destroy or ignore government property just because it isn't assigned to you, as long as you have the custodial ability to control it or care for it. On the micro scale, that means you're still culpable if you throw your buddies kevlar over a fence as a "prank." On the macro scale it means that if a dozen vehicles show up in your motor pool by accident, you better not cannibalize them, gently caress them up, sell them, etc, simply because they weren't formally signed over to you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EBB posted:

Do you know how poor some of these NG guys are? PV2 Shmuckatelli from Nowhere, PA needs to learn to lock up his stuff, not get a $500 bill for non-missing equipment. I had guys that super needed their drill pay to survive...but that's another story.

I'm literally in the Nevada guard.

They probably didn't actually give them a statement of charges, and just said that poo poo as a scare tactic to anybody reading it, just like everybody else in the Army lies about poo poo of which they have no understanding.

Yeah it's a dick head move but so is everything else the Army does so I'm not sure what the outrage is???

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah.

Now just leaving gear unsecured out of laziness is certainly grounds for some sort of punishment/remediation, but not the statement of charges they've chosen. If the unsecured area was legit robbed, that's a different story and they might get nailed by a FLIPL such that a statement of charges is just faster, but a FLIPL usually helps rather than hurts when it comes to paying for poo poo, save for all the informal poo poo you catch for a FLIPL.

And if the seniors decided to just throw their poo poo out as punishment for leaving it secured, just lmao, because there's this thing called custodial control of property that basically says you're not allowed to just destroy or ignore government property just because it isn't assigned to you, as long as you have the custodial ability to control it or care for it. On the micro scale, that means you're still culpable if you throw your buddies kevlar over a fence as a "prank." On the macro scale it means that if a dozen vehicles show up in your motor pool by accident, you better not cannibalize them, gently caress them up, sell them, etc, simply because they weren't formally signed over to you.

:agreed:

Any statement of charges isn't going to go anywhere and any supply sergeant worth 2 shits is going to know that, and any commander is likely going to know that, do this is what leads me to believe that they are just lying to scare other idiots into securing their poo poo.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 27, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

If they gave me a statement of charges I'd call the MPs to report a theft. Prime suspects being the people who gave me the statement of charges because they saw it, knew whose it was, and knew that it went missing.

You can waste me time but I'm gonna waste yours.

I would love to get that call.

I would gladly waste their time in the funniest way possible (I do a great columbo impression).

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
By accident in a joke about dumb arguments, Scott Aukerman discovered the forbidden phrase pair system.

https://twitter.com/scottaukerman/status/1056634344968613888?s=21

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Cover me while I scrub, battle buddy!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

Battle I’ll wash your back if you wash mine

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Naked Bear posted:

Is that so someone can pull them out of the KBR installed electric shower or did someone get their poo poo stolen/lost?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
This is a sex thing isn’t it?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Is it weird that I don't find this very novel because I had to live by those rules?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
"command discretion"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Word is a fire is rolling towards Liggett. If you read about some dead Seabees rest assured this was a totally preventable tragedy. Like almost every training death.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Train like we fight. That means spending every weekend out in the field to prepare you for 12 months in an air conditioned tent with wifi and a swimming pool

-pog

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

We have a bunch of people who get a kick out of firing blanks, which according to this scientific chart makes them bad people

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

We have a bunch of people who get a kick out of firing blanks, which according to this scientific chart makes them bad people

Like, regularly shooting blanks, or like, no BFA and there's a cleaning rod aimed in at a squirrel, shooting blanks?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

One more negative test and I'll be confirmed to be firing blanks! :zoid:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Steezo posted:

Like, regularly shooting blanks, or like, no BFA and there's a cleaning rod aimed in at a squirrel, shooting blanks?

Regular blanks, although someone will probably aim in with a cleaning rod at some point. We just got the 50's without headspace and timing, maybe we can burn up and break a few barrels

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

Regular blanks, although someone will probably aim in with a cleaning rod at some point. We just got the 50's without headspace and timing, maybe we can burn up and break a few barrels

H&T your loving 50. It isn't just for the gun to function correctly- if you don't, you could det the round out of battery and get hosed up. Unlikely due to the design and robustness, but still a possibility. You'll probably catch shrapnel no matter what.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you fire a 50 without doing proper headspace and timing you deserve whatever happens.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think he means that they got those titanium receivered fiddies that don't have headspace and timing adjustment.

Saw a couple before I got out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just :lol: if you're not using a 50 that's killed either fascists or communists in at least two different theaters of war.

My 50 in Korea was built in 1936.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The new M2A1 doesn't get headspace and timed anymore.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's cool then, it only took them almost a hundred years to resolve the most likely cause of failure.

Which really is the most Army solution, now that I think about it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The new M2A1 doesn't get headspace and timed anymore.

What I don't get is why isn't that now a M2A2 or a M2A1 mk II.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Vasudus posted:

That's cool then, it only took them almost a hundred years to resolve the most likely cause of failure.

Which really is the most Army solution, now that I think about it.

Most likely cause of failure is still either the operator or unit armorer. Though, the guard likes to solve the armorer problem by not having one. Active still just melts barrels because what's a barrel change, lol...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

I think he means that they got those titanium receivered fiddies that don't have headspace and timing adjustment.

Saw a couple before I got out.

They rolled out a few of those brand new to my unit since we were next in the deployment pipe. They had to go through some kind of firing-in time, like running a new car in. I wasn't on that range but a number came back with cracked receivers or broken parts from vibration stress.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ahhh, you got to see the first ones as well I see.

They were a red hot mess when they came out, because whoever was manufacturing them decided to not use the exact alloy as was specified, and chose a slightly different (but of course cheaper) alloy which then of course cracked under use.

Last I heard was that they were just fine now, but I don't really look into that kind of poo poo any more, so they could be all garbage still.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Haven't had any issues with ours, definitely one of the most reliable weapons we have. The issues we have had have all been due to the operator not cleaning their weapon.

Now the RWS they're attached to on the other hand....

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Steezo posted:

Most likely cause of failure is still either the operator or unit armorer. Though, the guard likes to solve the armorer problem by not having one. Active still just melts barrels because what's a barrel change, lol...

Oh, yeah I should have specified that when I mean H&T being the most likely cause of failure, I mostly mean that the operator failed to properly check it. Not that H&T in itself is the problem, but removing it from being a problem in the first place is probably the best solution, because joe gonna joe.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Oh, yeah I should have specified that when I mean H&T being the most likely cause of failure, I mostly mean that the operator failed to properly check it.

Where my brain, broken as it is, went was "remove operator, no more error" porblem sloved. Which would be a very military groupthink way of solving it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah it's the slide and lock barrel variety. We're dumb, but we aren't use a 50 without doing headspace and timing dumb.

Well someone here is probably

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Now the RWS they're attached to on the other hand....
lol Storm, what heaping pile of poo poo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
When I was an armorer, nobody ever fired the 50, and it only left the arms room once over 2 years. Nobody shot any of the 240s or 249s either. Gotta love a headquarters company.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Last gunnery I was at someone didn’t fully lock a barrel in place on their M2A1. Said SFC proceeded to send the barrel off the front of his MGS.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

When I was an idiot at IOBC I put a hot SAW barrel on an empty plastic ammo drum. It ended up coated in melted green plastic. The guy in charge of the weapons pool on Benning apparently thought it was funny and it allegedly got added to a collection of dumb poo poo people did. I didn’t get in trouble for it. :iiam:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

gently caress, man, I want to vent but I'm not sure if I'm gonna get found out. And EBH at this point is going to give me the same rigmarole they gave me the last two times.

Anyone know some good anon posting places? Because today has me loving fuming.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Hit the discord channel maybe? We’re all vetted to post on it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

An interesting, sad, talk about recruiting standards in Vietnam and today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2VwFDV4-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Who’s excited for the pinks and greens announcements next week that they’ve been dropping hints about this year?