Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ryan Newman has a neck?

Race Night at Bowman Grey premieres on Discovery tonight: http://www.shorttrackscene.com/2018/10/20/race-night-at-bowman-gray-to-debut-on-discovery-channel-oct-29th/

It'll probably be reality show trash but I'm hopeful.

Also, more 78 team a bloo bloo:

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/1057015355556667393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They had this show before and it was lovely.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

tater_salad posted:

They had this show before and it was lovely.

It's actually not bad this time. I was expecting much worse. Plus, it doesn't have the irritating supposed local DJ.

e- It does, however, have those irritating as hell quick jumps back into the show before returning to commercials. :fuckoff:

e2- Ally Financial will sponsor Jimmiebot in 2019 and beyond: http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/photos/94576/inside-ally-financials-day-at-martinsville#/9

More notably, it's a full-season deal.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 30, 2018

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

kidcoelacanth posted:

that's how you finish a loving race yo

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
also true story they asked my ex to be in that show. She was wife-besties with Samantha before we ended things. We both got a hearty lol and said no thank you

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The thread's new favorite driver out being good in the neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/KyleBusch/status/1057453618243231744

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

also true story they asked my ex to be in that show. She was wife-besties with Samantha before we ended things. We both got a hearty lol and said no thank you

Goddamn American Hero for not pandering to that bullshit. :hfive: :patriot:

Also, goon buddy, in your Professional Opinion, is MTJ right to be pissy?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

big nipples big life posted:

The thread's new favorite driver out being good in the neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/KyleBusch/status/1057453618243231744

He's not my new favorite driver, but drat, was that awesome of him to do that. You could tell some of those people had no clue who he was, which is kind of cool, too. He does seem to treat his fans (and neighbors) very well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Noticed Jim Noble hadn't Tweeted anything in a while and then I realized he isn't on SXM anymore.

What happened? Did NASCAR get pissy he called them on their bullshit one too many times? He was the only one worth listening to on that entire channel. :wtc:

e- He's the new voice of Wofford soccer and basketball, still works for PRN, and may be a fill-in host on Tradin' Paint going forward.

https://twitter.com/Noble_Jim/status/1028015165676109830

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 1, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This is the second time I've seen this teased and it's well past horribly obvious they're going to do it:

https://twitter.com/JimmieJohnson/status/1058383330381520896

Gordon/JPM
Stewart/Hamilton
Johnson/Alonso

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

actually jimmie is retiring and alonso is replacing him in the 48, that's why no alonso in indycar next year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is the second time I've seen this teased and it's well past horribly obvious they're going to do it:

https://twitter.com/JimmieJohnson/status/1058383330381520896

Gordon/JPM
Stewart/Hamilton
Johnson/Alonso

cant wait for a dual DNF for the 48 and nando

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's not really a tease anymore, they're doing it on the 26th in Bahrain.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Could they have picked somewhere more boring to do it?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CactusWeasle posted:

Could they have picked somewhere more boring to do it?

They tried but couldn't reach you.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Harveygod posted:

They tried but couldn't reach you.

I am not a sentient racetrack but ok

Why couldnt they do it AT Abu Dhabi even? Or fly ALO to Charlotte or Indy or something?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Let's take the American guy who lives in North Carolina and the Spaniard (who I'm assuming lives in Europe because that's where most of the F1 tracks are) and fly them to the Middle East."

There's not a better racetrack between Charlotte and Bahrain they could've done this on?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bahrain owns half of McLaren.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CactusWeasle posted:

I am not a sentient racetrack but ok

I recognize it was a stretch, but it was my shot to take and I took it. :downsgun:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Let's take the American guy who lives in North Carolina and the Spaniard (who I'm assuming lives in Europe because that's where most of the F1 tracks are) and fly them to the Middle East."

There's not a better racetrack between Charlotte and Bahrain they could've done this on?

take a wild guess who's payin for it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abu Dhabi will be hosting official tests. NASCAR's schedule ends 11/19, this is the day after the F1 season ends so it has to be close enough for Fernando and McLaren support team personnel to get there. And Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund is the majority stakeholder of McLaren.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
Now knowing Bahrain's involvement with McLaren it makes sense but you'd think doing it in Texas or Mexico over the last few weeks would've been a logistically better option.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Austin Cindric Status: Still a loving Joke

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Texas Gibbscar Massacre.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Ugh. I was looking forward to a 7th win for Bell. Here's hoping for the 23 or 42 now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Texas Gibbscar Massacre.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Looks like they abandoned the emojis in favor of the NBC logo.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

Now knowing Bahrain's involvement with McLaren it makes sense but you'd think doing it in Texas or Mexico over the last few weeks would've been a logistically better option.

There’s a few different logistical points that suggest it would’ve been tough, especially for McLaren, never mind finding a location (I highly doubt they would’ve used the GP circuits the day after the race).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is NASCAR or SMI planting these kids the winners are seemingly plucking at random out of the crowd after races? Was there a contest kids could enter?

https://twitter.com/nascarcasm/status/1059233785865232384

e-
https://twitter.com/steveluvender/status/1059233525466087425

:lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 5, 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
stunt grannies, all of em

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I want to hate Harvick but he seems like an alright dude really

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

maffew buildings posted:

I want to hate Harvick but he seems like an alright dude really

So was Ebeneezer Scrooge, if you didn't know the man prior to December 24th.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Harvick taking that kid out of the stands feels like an upping of the ante since drivers started giving away the flag to someone in the stands a few months ago (I think Chris Bell was the first). It's a good look for him but I think it was pretty calculated.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
In lieu of prize money you get to pick one free kid from the grandstands. NASCAR coffers arent what they used to be.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This is cool, especially since I have no idea how JD Motorsports stays open with minimal sponsorship and multiple cars:

https://twitter.com/BrianWertman/status/1059489627512455168

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tried watching the bowman gray modified show.. Don't know if I can watch more than 1 EP.. the fake rear end tire sqweel sounds kills me I can't deal with shows that do that.

also still can't beleive how much money these guys have in racecars and haulers to race at a single track.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Harvick taking that kid out of the stands feels like an upping of the ante since drivers started giving away the flag to someone in the stands a few months ago (I think Chris Bell was the first). It's a good look for him but I think it was pretty calculated.

It's all fun and games until he bites the head off one of them, Ozzy Osborne style.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tater_salad posted:

tried watching the bowman gray modified show.. Don't know if I can watch more than 1 EP.. the fake rear end tire sqweel sounds kills me I can't deal with shows that do that.

also still can't beleive how much money these guys have in racecars and haulers to race at a single track.

I was skeptical given that it's meant to be a "reality" show/docudrama, but I've seen worse. I feel like it's meant to be a part of their larger car show block on Mondays, so maybe those guys just wanted to make (another) show about Bowman Gray.

I guess it's more like Deadliest Catch where you can't really stage stuff on a boat pitching violently in the Bering Sea (or, in this case, during at 25 lap race at Bowman Gray). I also like that there aren't really any canned interviews where somebody reads off a script in front of a green screen, though I do feel like there was one manufactured line over the radio tonight.

The NASCAR wives show is going to be a flaming dumpster fire, though.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

yeah I mean I watched the pilot show they did like what 3-7 years ago? and it was cool enough, they talk about their setup a little etc. After the show progressed it started to get drama levels of street outlaws which is stupid. I didn't get a chance to watch last night since I'm an old and it's past my bedtime. I'm :filez: ing it right now (althoguth it's probably avaliable on discovery on demand on my laptop) and it'll be something to put noise in my ear when I'm cooking or doing mundane tasks while working from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Didnt discovery or history have a one season wonder show about dirt mods a while back?