Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

it does matter though. i've been playing diablo games since i was 8 and i've invested a decent amount of time and money into the series. i'd like to continue doing that but blizzard has signaled that the meager amount of time i have to devote to their games doesn't really matter, nor does the money i've spent over the years. i had the switch version of d3 and the goblin amiibo preordered, personally, but after the diablo immortal announcement i canceled both of them. it's a pretty insignificant amount of money all things considered both to me and blizz but i don't have the income and savings i have currently because i go "well that's okay who would ever care about that" when a company i like does something stupid.

it's actually a good thing to be discerning with your money despite what your heart of hearts is telling you my friend

sorry it doesnt matter your money sucks and is worthless anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

it's equally autistic to not care about anything as it is to care too much

u buffoon. u IDIOT

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i bought $70 worth of sushi last night with the money i saved from canceling my preorders

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I always thought I was a person who really cared about video games but I try to always get them on sale, and I play PC games so I'm spending like $30 for a brand new title.

Just found out from my friend that he ended up paying hundreds of dollars for Red Dead Redemption. Pre-ordered the moment he could. Then he pre-ordered the special edition because he just needed the special edition and couldn't cancel the first order. Then he heard a rumour the company he put his pre-ordered through with was going to be shipping a day late and some other company would get them out guaranteed on day one, so ordered from there. There was a post-strike or something though, so on the day the game came out for some reason he ended up rushing to a retail store to buy a physical copy.

Either way, he bought 4 copies and a special edition. He says he always does this with popular games because he can help other gamers by re-selling them the game at cost or cheaper. Sometimes he'll give them away to people he knows so that he "has someone to talk about the game with" because sometimes he'll get a game and no one he knows is playing it so can't talk about the game with anyone.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i bought $70 worth of sushi last night with the money i saved from canceling my preorders

good job

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh hey cool, a game with orcs in it that I can play on my phone.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

it's equally autistic to not care about anything as it is to care too much

Everything I don’t agree with is autistic.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

it does matter though. i've been playing diablo games since i was 8 and i've invested a decent amount of time and money into the series. i'd like to continue doing that but blizzard has signaled that the meager amount of time i have to devote to their games doesn't really matter, nor does the money i've spent over the years. i had the switch version of d3 and the goblin amiibo preordered, personally, but after the diablo immortal announcement i canceled both of them. it's a pretty insignificant amount of money all things considered both to me and blizz but i don't have the income and savings i have currently because i go "well that's okay who would ever care about that" when a company i like does something stupid.

it's actually a good thing to be discerning with your money despite what your heart of hearts is telling you my friend

The solution to your problem is not buy the game that you think is going to be bad. I don't know why you'd spend a second of thought on the topic beyond that. It sounds like you've already done that but I don't understand gamers taking this poo poo personally.

By the way, the money you've spent on Blizzard's games doesn't matter to them because they already have it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

zakharov posted:

The solution to your problem is not buy the game that you think is going to be bad. I don't know why you'd spend a second of thought on the topic beyond that. It sounds like you've already done that but I don't understand gamers taking this poo poo personally.

By the way, the money you've spent on Blizzard's games doesn't matter to them because they already have it.

there are quite a few companies i engage on a daily basis where the money i've spent does matter. i continue doing business with them because of it and don't with the ones who don't. it's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

source your quotes from reddit please

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

leave it to gamers to be constantly tricked out of their money for terrible products lmao

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

leave it to gamers to be constantly tricked out of their money for terrible products lmao

:that picture of a big franchise video game boycott group all being listed as playing said game on steam:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Classic :discourse:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
found a goldmine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/badwomensanatomy/

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lol no one is saying that voting with your dollar is bad. Were making fun of the people who go on reddit and write a novel about how "devastated" and "betrayed" they are when huge companies do the souless poo poo they're known for.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's the people who think that video game companies are their friends and that they're owed something for uhhhh buying products in the past

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's how friendship works though, at least if you are a friendless gamer scum. Purely transactional.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

A giant media empire acted like a souless corporation? IM STILL GONNA BUY THEIR NEXT GAME BUT FIRST IM GONNA WRITE A NOVEL ABOUT THE UPCOMING GAMER REVOLUTUON AND SJWS.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it does matter though. i've been playing diablo games since i was 8 and i've invested a decent amount of time and money into the series. i'd like to continue doing that but blizzard has signaled that the meager amount of time i have to devote to their games doesn't really matter, nor does the money i've spent over the years.
:words:

Your time and money most certainly do not matter to gaming megacorp Activision-Blizzard. Just like they don't matter to EA or Ubisoft or whomever else I missed. While it is disappointing to see a series you like have its corpse dredged up only for a cynical mediocre cash grab, it is par for the god drat course and has been this way since *checks fallout 3 release date* 2008. There are however new and good games being made by indie developers. The series you like were once new too.

Maybe instead of being blindly loyal to an entity that has become beholden to bilk the dumb masses out of cash for their shareholders you take your own advice, be more discerning with your cash and spend it on the few people remaining doing original and interesting stuff, and treat actually good big budget mainstream titles like xcom or doom as an extraordinary exception to be thankful for rather than something you are owed.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zidrooner posted:

Your time and money most certainly do not matter to gaming megacorp Activision-Blizzard. Just like they don't matter to EA or Ubisoft or whomever else I missed. While it is disappointing to see a series you like have its corpse dredged up only for a cynical mediocre cash grab, it is par for the god drat course and has been this way since *checks fallout 3 release date* 2008. There are however new and good games being made by indie developers. The series you like were once new too.

Maybe instead of being blindly loyal to an entity that has become beholden to bilk the dumb masses out of cash for their shareholders you take your own advice, be more discerning with your cash and spend it on the few people remaining doing original and interesting stuff, and treat actually good big budget mainstream titles like xcom or doom as an extraordinary exception to be thankful for rather than something you are owed.

Or you could just play whatever the gently caress you want and not be a whiny piss-baby about what other people are doing

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Zidrooner posted:

did you seriously just cut out the part where i follow my own advice and indignantly tell me to follow my own advice lmao

you realize that this is like one of the only industries you can engage where nobody gives a gently caress right? i fly several times a year with a billion dollar megacorporation that gives me a shitload for my loyalty, like a value eclipsing that of my gaming budget. my costco membership rewards me significantly for my loyalty, i can buy fuckin whatever and return it whatever. somehow gamers though have this cynical attitude like giant billion dollar game companies shouldn't be held to the same standard other giant billion dollar companies should and it is dumb as gently caress

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Gamers are loving weird because they will act like the exact available multiplayer modes a new game will ship with are a civil-rights level issue and we need a revolution and even violence against the company that makes it, but the only act of resistance that's a bridge too far for Gamers is just not buying the game. If they actually didn't all pre-order the special exclusive edition of the game the second it was available maybe they'd get somewhere with some of their demands and legitimate criticisms they have.

"This company is a loving travesty, their new multiplayer policy is a crime against humanity and I'm willing to do anything to #resist this injustice other than not preorder the game and all its DLC. I will tirelessly fight for justice but please don't tell me not to drop $400 on in-game currency and loot boxes. Why do these criminals keep treating us Gamers like walking wallets with no rights?!"

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

somehow gamers though have this cynical attitude like giant billion dollar game companies shouldn't be held to the same standard other giant billion dollar companies should and it is dumb as gently caress

No one has a problem with not buying poo poo games. We're making fun of gamers because they preorder poo poo the moment the trailer drops and basically help the game break even regardless of how good or bad it is. Then they rally on reddit and act like downvoting devs and sending them hate mail is some grand and noble battle.

Entertainment has never been held to a high strandard and companies universally go with what sells. No amount of impotent gamer rage is going to change the fact that Assasins Creed 90 with DLC is going to rake in cash because at the end of the day a lot of people are willing to toss away 60 bucks based on a trailer.

Consumers need to hold themselves to a higher standard but LMAO at the thought of that happening.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Oh I don't disagree there that's like literally what my original post said and it's what I do heh

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

the first of many nice meltdowns

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

lol that dude definitely doesn’t live with a woman

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Linux Rig posted:

lol that dude definitely doesn’t live with a woman

But, like, didn't he have a mom? What sort of prissy toxic femininity failmom taught him women need everything to be delicate and pink?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I started out merely credulous, but then it took a hard left...

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this is why so many products are aggressively marketed to men or women

using women's deodorant if you're a man will cause your flesh to melt off

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
if you use women’s shampoo, your dick and balls will fall off from the soy poisoning

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it does matter though. i've been playing diablo games since i was 8 and i've invested a decent amount of time and money into the series.

you didn't invest poo poo, you played a video game, are you expecting dividends or something, you paid money for a video game product and played it and then the transaction ended

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

you didn't invest poo poo, you played a video game, are you expecting dividends or something, you paid money for a video game product and played it and then the transaction ended

You're a dumbass or esl if you think the word invest implies that you're always expecting a financial return god drat goons are retarded sometimes

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

thinking that playing a game that you bought implies that the devs owe you something in the future for something you did for fun is the most retarded sentiment ever

the hours you spent sperging over d2 builds don't actually make your opinion worth any more than someone else who bought the game and played the campaign, you both bought the same product, there's no deep moral contract between you and the devs because you like their game

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Nobody has time to debate your misunderstanding of the basics of English

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

You're a dumbass or esl if you think the word invest implies that you're always expecting a financial return god drat goons are retarded sometimes

lol no it’s you who’s the idiot that can’t read in between the lines

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I'll never understand how bad you guys are with money lmao

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its okay because evidently your autism is completely unwavering

im sorry you feel personally betrayed by a video game company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

I'll never understand how bad you guys are with money lmao

Judging by your regdate, I’m guessing you’re in your 30’s and that’s just sad :(