Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lol at getting excited about literally anything about that army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Lol at getting excited about literally anything about that army

IDK, I'm pretty excited to be getting out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol at buying another $500+ uniform

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB posted:

lol at buying another $500+ uniform
That's what your clothing allowance is for, roger?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

enlisted ripping their ACU crotch: lol check out my dick guess i gotta go to cif

being a noble and ripping my ACU crotch: god drat it there goes $40 also lol check out my dick

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

enlisted ripping their ACU crotch: lol check out my dick guess i gotta go to cif

being a noble and ripping my ACU crotch: god drat it there goes $40 also lol check out my dick

but you had 40 bucks to spend didnt ya

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

Lol okay if you say so sir

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

commission my dick from the back

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Wasabi the J posted:

IDK, I'm pretty excited to be getting out.

June 2019 can't come soon enough.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I have to get my ASUs updated because our bde SGM is doing a uniform inspection next month (in the national guard). I haven't touched mine since I was in ait and I'm now just a corporal until I get time to go to blc and I'm annoyed because I have to spend money and order all the poo poo on my own then have it changed again after school when I get e5.

Where do I buy the loving striped pants smdftb

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Just get demoted before then.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Aranan posted:

Just get demoted before then.

I'd have to do it twice down to pfc I'm not sure if I'm that talented.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

rifles posted:

I'd have to do it twice down to pfc I'm not sure if I'm that talented.

We believe in you.

Just don't overshoot and get busted to pv2

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

rifles posted:

Where do I buy the loving striped pants

You get one free pair. There’s a form you gotta fill out and take to supply. I’ll get ya the number when I get to work.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Naked Bear posted:

That's what your clothing allowance is for, roger?

You get one in your career. I don't think we get another one to cover the pinks and greens.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

McNally posted:

We believe in you.

Just don't overshoot and get busted to pv2

Knew one guy who made Lance like four or five times. He glued anal leaf cluster to his rank.

Edit: autocorrect is a bitch.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Tomorrow’s PT is combatives with Rest of HHC vs S1.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Have fun showing up to the combatives pit only to find a sign saying they are closed and that you can’t come back until you fill out a form and bring your Platoon Sergeant with you.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

We got released at 1400 and then within 5 minutes they blasted out that everyone had to come back and we’ve been sitting around ever since. Hooah.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Thank you for your service.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

Tomorrow’s PT is combatives with Rest of HHC vs S1.

so many red excel cells coming the day after tomorrow

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Ended up paying $90 for my rank, a service bar, and adding nco stripes today. Got a call that a friend in my previous unit died over the weekend and the unit only found out this morning - the viewing is tomorrow. I left class after I got the call and took all my stuff in to get it altered. They didn't have any rank so I'm just going in a suit tomorrow. Just sucks in general.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just took the bicycle PT test for the first time.

That poo poo is no joke. Passed it with 2 minutes and 10 seconds to spare. That might have been my last PT test ever. :D

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

rifles posted:

Ended up paying $90 for my rank, a service bar, and adding nco stripes today. Got a call that a friend in my previous unit died over the weekend and the unit only found out this morning - the viewing is tomorrow. I left class after I got the call and took all my stuff in to get it altered. They didn't have any rank so I'm just going in a suit tomorrow. Just sucks in general.

Why. You should get NCO trousers issued for free in the Reserve/Guard.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

DoktorLoken posted:

Why. You should get NCO trousers issued for free in the Reserve/Guard.

Supply will have them ready for him in three months probably.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

McNally posted:

Supply will have them ready for him in threesix months probably.

If he stays on supply's rear end.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

McNally posted:

Supply will have them ready for him in three months probably.

Nobody said it'd be quick.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Walk around in your underwear until they issue you new pants. That’s how we roll in the merchant marine.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
The only thing I care about having issued is a bus driver hat for Halloween next year

It's close enough for government work

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Walk around in your underwear until they issue you new pants. That’s how we roll in the merchant marine.

then he gets demoted for being out of uniform which solves the whole problem

but the day after that he gets issued the stripe pants after turning in the non stripe pants and now he has a problem again

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

I saw a series of incredible memos where a union was arguing with a company over whether or not coveralls could be made mandatory, all this language like "the Company may not put forth statements to the effect that coveralls are superior to equivalent shirt and pants" etc

I like good coveralls but I've never seen a good pair in the merchant marine that I didn't bring from home

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

spacetoaster posted:

Just took the bicycle PT test for the first time.

That poo poo is no joke. Passed it with 2 minutes and 10 seconds to spare. That might have been my last PT test ever. :D

All the alternate events were made by testing people who were proficient at that event already.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The bike is way easier than the swim. That swim is fuckin' insane.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

not caring here posted:

The bike is way easier than the swim. That swim is fuckin' insane.

there's a swim portion of the PT test? how do I not know this and how can I do such a PT test...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’d like to try the bike just to try it. I’m not some hardcore cyclist but it’s my typical source of cardio and I spent a year traveling almost exclusively by bike on hills and such.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mlmp08 posted:

I’d like to try the bike just to try it. I’m not some hardcore cyclist but it’s my typical source of cardio and I spent a year traveling almost exclusively by bike on hills and such.

You'd do fine. You get one gear of your choice to do 10 km on a relatively flat course.

The stationary bike one is a bit more of a crap shoot. You gotta do 10 km against a resistance set at 20 newtons; sometimes this is more than your usual resistance, and doesn't allow you to readjust for wind resistance.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the stationary bike is no problem as long as you've had a bit of training with it.

First time I did it I got to go to the gym and do bike stuff for a month or so, and the actual test was easy as poo poo.

Didn't bother doing any bike stuff and the next PT test was way too close for comfort.

So much better than pounding your knees into dust on a paved road though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
TBH I've never done it as an event just as a cop out for "individual PT" in the guard when they were instating that as a pre drill policy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The bike test was pretty weird. You're in a gym surrounded by people going about their daily routine.

Every now and again some soldier would come by, look at my digital screen, and tell me that I was doing great and to keep it up.

The grader, the other folks taking the test, and me just bullshitted the entire time.

*edit* I also had my cellphone and a cup of water on the little shelf in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The ASU is such a retarded piece of poo poo.