Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Next season is X Men First Class and I'm okay with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
lmao what a bad show

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lmao Andrew didn’t even bother to actually show up for Talking Dead.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lmao Andrew didn’t even bother to actually show up for Talking Dead.

Would you want to be that close to Chris Hardwick?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

So TV movies for Rick.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

They missed a huge opportunity with Rick hallucinating kissing Michonne.

Should have snapped back to reality with a zombie munching his lips.

This show. This fuckin' show...

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Like how are they even selling this being Ricks last episode to the average idiot who actually enjoys this show when he gets carted off in a helicopter at the end like why wouldn’t he just come back lmao especially during the 6 year time jump what the god drat christ

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Even the audience of Talking Dead sounds bored as poo poo about Gimple's idea of TWD TV movies

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So the show more or less finally caught up to the actual passage of time since season 1. Wondered if they would ever finally do that.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Caper posted:

Even the audience of Talking Dead sounds bored as poo poo about Gimple

I mean let's be real here

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rick is off to Zona

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Digging J Mascis Carol next season though

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Astroman posted:

Rick is off to Zona

Now that would be a hell of a crossover. But only if The Asylum people have control.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

It’s it just me, or did Gimple’s description of what they have planned sound like he had no idea what he is going to do. He could’ve just said he was going to throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Does the 6 year time jump mean they will be driving around in new 2024 electric cars?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The cgi was so bad

Sasha and Rick standing in front of really bad clouds

Herschel and Rick standing in front of really bad farm

That ep was so bad, just like, gently caress :psyduck:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Missed the end, did T-Dog walk ol' ricky into the sunset hand in hand?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
loving Judith

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
A Walking Dead made-for-TV movie trilogy? :laffo:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

WHERE IS EUGENE'S MULLET?!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
That'll be covered in one of the spin off movies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait to watch this tomorrow

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So now that Andrew Lincoln's gone maybe they'll have an actual budget for green screen and CGI? Cause goddamn that was bad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh hey look. Rick is....

Walking the dead.

Fixed that for you.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I watched to see Rick get eaten and he didn't even die.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The first Walking Dead movie should be called The Walking Dead: Stuff and Things.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also lol that a 10 year old is walking around walker infested woods alone with a giant gently caress off Colt and a Katana. :rolleyes:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

this show is way too dumb to deserve to be the only show handling the flexible concept of "rebuilding after the zombie apocalypse" aside from that obscure Syfy show people keep praising

also I'm going back on what I said about watching tonight's episode, even though I'm posting in the thread anyway

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 5, 2018

Red Pyramid
Apr 29, 2008
Stunningly bad episode. Like one of the worst in memory.

Also is it just me or does the time jump just sap all the tension from the series? The whole hook was that we're following the desperate day-to-day struggle for survival of these characters. You skip 6 years and you might as well be watching a different show.

Also, Negan's been in that cage for 6 years? Seriously?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Ah, I see that somehow Rick didn't get third degree burns.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I love that there was a time jump and it involves that guy from the Doritos time machine commercial

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also remember all the hay they made about how "well on TWD it's been like 2 years since the Zombie Apocalypse so the walkers are really rotted and weak, and on Fear they'll be strong and new."?

Well now it's been like 8-10 years since the ZA and you stil have intact zombies walking around who were probably infected and died at the beginning. Pretty much by this time, after years of harsh weather, more rotting, etc zombies should be the least of their worries, because most would be gone.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Was one of those comments at the end "The Walking Dead is back to being the best show on TV"?

What on earth.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hey look, Rick is getting saved -> 6 year time jump -> preview shows that basically nobody died in a 6 year span of time... In a zombie apocalypse where people die drat near every month when there is a camera on them...

Also,

Rick, "Gotta lead the zombies away to save the bridge" -> Falls on some rebar that magically has some other rebar he can use to pull himself off of, "Alright lets lead all the zombies back to the bridge"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Astroman posted:

WHERE IS EUGENE'S MULLET?!

You didn't see the single long braid down his back? lmao.

So just re-watched the last couple of minutes. When Jadis finds Rick on the shore the river is full of the dead being a lot of floating bodies. Why are they floating? The explosion wouldn't stop them, they're walking dead. That made no goddamn sense. Also, while the new group is fighting zombies there are a pair of horses hitched to a trailer behind them, shown several times. Just chilling ten feet from and being ignored by, zombies. The continuity on this show is a joke.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If there's human meat, the zombies don't care about horse meat. Obviously.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the horse was just chillin every time Rick passed out and then had to escape. just milling around, not reacting to the herd of zombies that caused it to buck in the first place

pretty sure that was at least 3 times

CODChimera posted:

Was one of those comments at the end "The Walking Dead is back to being the best show on TV"?

What on earth.

MY PARTNER was awake for that and just frowned and looked at me

all I could do was shrug

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Johnny Truant posted:

the horse was just chillin every time Rick passed out and then had to escape. just milling around, not reacting to the herd of zombies that caused it to buck in the first place

Naturally, thet horse understood, it was only in danger with Rick on its back.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can someone get screencaps of the post-timejump characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can someone get screencaps of the post-timejump characters?

they look exactly the same, hth