Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Campaign attack ads are so morally repugnant, Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

Agreed.

The only thing political I want on tv is when we wise up and turn on the politicians and put them through a Running Man style competition.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hell I can't even watch Pluto TV now because one of the ad breaks is Trump shouting about PELOSI DEMOCRATS

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Bodyguard was good but it should have ended 15 minutes earlier.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

precision posted:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

precision posted:

:hai:

The first thing we'll do, let's kill all the campaign managers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I have nothing nice to say about anyone serving or running as a Republican these days, I don’t care about politeness or decorum, they’re all fascist scum.

And I still don’t like any political ad whatever side it’s on. Just the way it all works is wrong.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
drat, Killing Eve owns

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The attack ads for the Democrat in my state are people claiming to be his neighbors but they live in towns over ten miles away from him.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Also the attack ads call him a Bernie Sanders Liberal, like that is supposed to make people not want to vote for him.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found a rip of the uncut first season of Heathers so I might check it out why not

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

drat, Killing Eve owns

Yes dammit! I mean like that scene in episode 7 where Crash Boom Bang plays, show is mental and I still can't believe I almost missed it.

EDIT: TAKE ME TO THE HOLE

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 4, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Heathers episode 1: the Heathers are publicly shaming a jock for wearing a “Remington Squaws” shirt and the show is trying to present this like a bad/bitchy thing. The Heathers are using calling out hate as a way to express their dominance over everyone. I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt cos of the word from people like precision but so far it seems like the critics were right about this one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

I live in the NY19 district, and John Faso’s ads have been 0 percent issues, 100 percent “Antonio Delgado used to do the raps with the swearing and the profanity!” Places have revoked his ad buys because of how many complaints they were getting about the racism.

All my ads on Hulu have been his ads for at least the last three months. It got bad enough I went and volunteered for his opponent as a gently caress you.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
lol if you still watch ads.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Almost every YouTube video I've watched recently has had one of two ads from the ACLU urging people to vote.

I appreciate the effort but, like, I wish there was some way to tell Google that I'm 100% voting on Tuesday so I can stop seeing the same fricking ads.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No, I'd rather not have highly-specialized ads targeting me directly via an AI that knows everything about me, if at all possible. We're already halfway there, but at least Google lets me turn it off in my preferences to some degree at the moment. Plus my bevy of adblockers keeps most of the others at bay. Haven't seen a single political ad this year from YouTube, which is the only place they really pop up anymore.

I've become the thing I hated as a kid: someone who mutes the ads. Turns out you were right all along, dad!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I live in the NY19 district, and John Faso’s ads have been 0 percent issues, 100 percent “Antonio Delgado used to do the raps with the swearing and the profanity!” Places have revoked his ad buys because of how many complaints they were getting about the racism.

All my ads on Hulu have been his ads for at least the last three months. It got bad enough I went and volunteered for his opponent as a gently caress you.

I live near Iowa and so I sometimes see their political ads and Kim Reynolds (current R governor of Iowa) keeps airing ads with zero content. She's running an ad that is literally "I'm a grandmother, look at how many grandkids I have. Somehow this is supposed to relate to governing." On the Illinois side while watching gaming related videos I get a lot of JB Pritzker ads where he's just saying legalize it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Here's my current local "favorite," Chrissy Houlahan makes you dizzy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v8v7jI3oqU

One of the local stations in Pennsylvania is also playing two commercials back to back: one refuting that Susan Wild had anything to do with the convicted mayor of Allentown, followed immediately by the attack ad trying to connect Wild to the Mayor. Somehow the Philadelphia market is not in the top five for political ad buys when it seems like I haven't seen a non-political ad in months.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, the gubernatorial ads in CT are pretty tame, mostly exaggerating how the candidates are either basically Trump or the current (centrist) governor respectively.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

asecondduck posted:

Almost every YouTube video I've watched recently has had one of two ads from the ACLU urging people to vote.

I appreciate the effort but, like, I wish there was some way to tell Google that I'm 100% voting on Tuesday so I can stop seeing the same fricking ads.

I voted by mail (yay Oregon), I'm on the record as my ballot being received and accepted and all that, and I'm still getting texts urging me to vote because people haven't updated their databases.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I bet when she has kids she will encourage their play patterns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Holy poo poo, how the hell did I miss that S3 started??? drat you, me :argh:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Holy poo poo, how the hell did I miss that S3 started??? drat you, me :argh:

It's incredible so far. Get on it!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man god Friended me is already doing the Muslim episode

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gotta act fast when you know cancellation is on the horizon.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

precision posted:

Oh man god Friended me is already doing the Muslim episode

recap?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The atheist member of the god squad befriended a Muslim man whose daughter wanted to marry a Jew

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every word of that recap is true

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

precision posted:

The atheist member of the god squad befriended a Muslim man whose daughter wanted to marry a Jew

i smell an emmy

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there anything that contradicts this show being a stealth sequel to Person of Interest

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lol

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-expansion-plans-revealed-andrew-lincoln-movies-new-series-come-1157921

They are going to make 3 Rick Grimes movies and hope to make even more. Andrew Lincoln is going to be playing Grimes forever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

lol

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-expansion-plans-revealed-andrew-lincoln-movies-new-series-come-1157921

They are going to make 3 Rick Grimes movies and hope to make even more. Andrew Lincoln is going to be playing Grimes forever.

This is as good an idea, and will likely be as well received, as the trilogy of Atlas Shrugged movies were

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is anyone else watching Homecoming? We just watched the first two episodes (which are a nice 26 minutes each), and it is excellent so far. Mysterious, foreboding, and dreamlike. It will surely tease out more pieces of the puzzle as it goes. Sam Esmail of Mr. Robot fame directed all the episodes, and you can tell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

lol

lmao this thing will never die, loving hell

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If this is a spoiler don't answer, but didn't they get Sabrina's aunts backwards in the new show? I remember in the comics Zelda was the fat short gregarious one and Hilda was the tall skinny one who's always grumpy and complaining about mortals. I know they switched body types in the bad sitcom but they still sorta had their personalities straight, now it's completely backwards.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao this thing will never die, loving hell

the real walking dead was the multimedia franchise we made along the way

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Lurdiak posted:

If this is a spoiler don't answer, but didn't they get Sabrina's aunts backwards in the new show? I remember in the comics Zelda was the fat short gregarious one and Hilda was the tall skinny one who's always grumpy and complaining about mortals. I know they switched body types in the bad sitcom but they still sorta had their personalities straight, now it's completely backwards.

Yeah, that bugged me too. All they had to do was swap the names in the script!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Or "Grimey", as he likes to be called.