Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I enjoy their music. Even the Pentakill album is something I really dig and I'm not into Power Metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Does your MMR in one queue have any affect on others?

Trying TT placements I'm in with Plat and Diamond players (still, at 0-2 rip me).

Flex I'm about to get out of Bronze skipping divisions (started B5 due to just messing around to get through placements quick as possible), Solo previously Silver but unranked.

Why does it assume I'm worth giving a chance in TT?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I recall correctly it's in their FAQ that no, then yes, then no again. The official stance for a while was "no" but one or two Rioters mentioned once or twice that yes.

Anecdotally I think historically yes and how much it affects has been changed from time to time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, do keep in mind that everyone saves TT for this time of the year and all the plat/diamond players who have never played TT before are gonna play it for their triple gold orianna chroma, a lot of which have no previous TT elo.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah that might be part of it too - all of us have no previous TT record so it's just throwing everyone in there together.

Well I hope it either gives up on me so I can get some wins or I just get carried harder.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the first year that the op.gg "MMR Estimate" is right, I ended up exactly where it said I would after 10 games. I'm just not sure why it started me off in Gold 1 MMR when I started when I haven't played Summoner's Rift since Season 6 where I ended Gold V. Most of my games were against high gold/low platinum players in placements.

Either way, I won't have to be duo'd to Gold V by Meth this year :toot:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm a support main and I was wondering: Why do I only ever see the same few ADC's? Jhin, Jinx, Kai'sa, Xayah. Occasionally some rear end in a top hat who plays Vayne, and once in a blue moon I see a Tristana. Are the other ADC's that bad?

I'd love to try to support a Kindred or Corki or Kog some time. Or even Graves, if he actually is even an ADC at this point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Dregs posted:

I'm a support main and I was wondering: Why do I only ever see the same few ADC's? Jhin, Jinx, Kai'sa, Xayah. Occasionally some rear end in a top hat who plays Vayne, and once in a blue moon I see a Tristana. Are the other ADC's that bad?

I'd love to try to support a Kindred or Corki or Kog some time. Or even Graves, if he actually is even an ADC at this point.
Certain ADCs are just stronger/weaker in a certain meta, and right now Crit ADCs and late-scaling ADCs just don't fit in for various reasons (Itemization being one, shorter average game time another)

As far as the particulars, Corki isn't much of an ADC anymore, he kind of got pushed into a mid-lane mage and fell out of flavor there.
Kog'Maw is a late-scaling ADC that needs a lot of babysitting which is why he doesn't show up hardly at all.
Kindred and Graves are both just ranged junglers. Kindred never made a good ADC and Graves hasn't been one since he was reworked years ago.

Usually Champion.GG is a good general consensus on what's popular or strong at the time, and you can even sort by League (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum+) to see what's more relevant at your level

Another reason is that there just aren't really that many ADCs, since it's the only role where pretty much only ONE type of champion can be there, outside of a few bizarre experiments like Ziggs bot, the funnel comps that had mages in bot lane, or when they decided that Mordekaiser should be broken and mangled to fit in bottom. There's only like, 20 actual ADCs in the game and a lot of them are bad in the meta right now.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 5, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That KDA song is written really well, it sounds just like something Max Martin would write or something.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Kog'Maw is a late-scaling ADC that needs a lot of babysitting which is why he doesn't show up hardly at all.

Kog's actually been a strong two-item spike champ for a while, but he's still completely team reliant to survive. If you want a strong mixed damage two-item spike champ with actual self peel, most people are gonna pick up either Kai'Sa or Varus, who aren't nearly as glued to the hip of their team as Kog is.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

The Dregs posted:

No you wouldn't, trust me

Dancer
May 23, 2011

el dingo posted:

No you wouldn't, trust me

Meet me in-game later today :wink: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Number one skill required for Kog'Maw players: binding taunt to an easily spammable hotkey. I use tilde.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I'm glad people aren't playing Miss Fortune anymore because she can be stupid strong if she gets rolling and has very good laning. Alternatively, Ashe arrow is still probably one of the best engages in the game and her two item spike isn't as good as the others, but hot drat does she get rolling with 3.

e also how are you not seeing Lucian? He's one of the best adc lane bullies and featured in worlds so should be all over the place now

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Dancer posted:

Meet me in-game later today :wink: .

OK brand/graves lane next time we play

:hellyeah:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

fwiw the most seen champs at Worlds were, in no particular order, Lucian, Sivir, Kai'sa, Varus, Xayah and Jhin. Thats a better spread than we usually have for this part of the season. Some are more meta and fit certain comps than others. I would say Jinx while super fun is pretty off meta at this point.

- Lucian is an early-game bully and probably has one of the strongest midgame spikes but falls off a cliff once everyone is in the 3-4 item range.
- Kai'sa is basically NuVayne in that shes a late game scaling, tank shredding hypercarry who can eventually take over games if she isnt shut down in lane.
- Xayah is probably the best 'generalist' ADC right now. Her laning phase isnt really strong or weak, she scales reasonably well through all points of the game, and her ult gives her the ability to undo one major positioning fuckup when used correctly. As an added bonus she has built-in synergy with Rakan, who is probably the best engage/'playmaking' support right now.
- Sivir has always been able to take over as the teamfighting ADC after a certain point w/Richochet and items, and that hasn't changed.
- Varus has reasonable self-peel and engage and has a very strong two item spike that you can leverage well.
- Jhin has a hard time shooting through tanks but scales very well with one of the key marksman items (Stormrazor) and can blow up squishies if the enemy team doesnt have a dedicated frontline.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 5, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
ADC is probably the most balanced it's been in a long time. Both crit and non-crit ADCs are viable, they really nailed the itemization this time around.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Smol posted:

I liked the POP/STARS song. The genre isn't really my cup of tea, but I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. Riot's music team is really, really talented.

the production and a lot of the vocal lines seem very inspired by far east movement but if someone said kpop as a genre borrows a lot of influence from that group as a way of making asian pop-rap i would not bat an eye. with that said though kpop is boring and so is that track

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Lethality should be removed from the game

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Then you’d have to remove these *points to biceps* and I’d like to see them try.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im relearning adc. i like the way you can do flashy spacing between autos on jhin. who do i pick when i cant have him?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Slaapaav posted:

im relearning adc. i like the way you can do flashy spacing between autos on jhin. who do i pick when i cant have him?

Kalista?

e: Kalista is below kog'maw currently in pick rate, so I can't imagine she's in a good meta spot if you care about things like that. But as far as doing things between autos, boy howdy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

A new Lissandra passive goes to PTR this week that turns all minions and champions that die around her into exploding zombies because uhh...ok

https://imgur.com/a/95BxGAQ

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I mean
that's more her lore than "free spell"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

A new Lissandra passive goes to PTR this week that turns all minions and champions that die around her into exploding zombies because uhh...ok

It owns

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

RealFoxy posted:

those are ghosts not zombies, important distinction

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

Unless it was recently revamped, it's not minions or monsters at all; just takedowns on champs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah, steal yorick's gimmick :(

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
being good in bronze?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

ADC is probably the most balanced it's been in a long time. Both crit and non-crit ADCs are viable, they really nailed the itemization this time around.

new infinity edge is kind of rear end so its not really that fun to play the crit adcs anymore i dont think

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Old infinity edge died so first item stormrazor could live, and we shall honor its sacrifice

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, steal yorick's gimmick :(

“Lisandra is disabled due to an issue with her passive” = somehow lissandra ghosts one shot towers and never die, then when we tried to fix it now lissandra can’t be reduced below 1hp, help us. The good ole days of game breaking yorick bugs are back baby.

Now what I want to know is how it interacts with sions passive.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

At least it doesn't just flat out crash the game like, I wanna say Karthus? Ult used to

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Unless it was recently revamped, it's not minions or monsters at all; just takedowns on champs.

if it was minions as well it would be a generally good passive, if annoying to play against. right now it is sort of niche as it does not come into play at all stages of the game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Patch 8.22!

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-822-notes

e: abuse time warp tonic while you can

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 6, 2018

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
haha they are buffing nunu.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Slaapaav posted:

haha they are buffing nunu.

yeah I don't really like that

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Bleh, they're pretty much forcing pyke into full lethality builds now

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
i picked up this game again last week and it's still the same toxic trash, how do people play this game for 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tonetta posted:

i picked up this game again last week and it's still the same toxic trash, how do people play this game for 10 years

Very Carefully :xd: :razz:

people like the game