Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Ok I have no idea if this is me hearing things because I'm crazy because I'm not exactly a music expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6LmMCuGjfA

But around 35 seconds in to the Snowdin theme.

Is that the 'Don't forget' motif or am I hearing things?

It's close (if you pitch-shift it) but I think one of the notes is off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

So, as a goof the Cool and New Music Team (sort of a Homestuck thing, don't think about it too much) released midi versions of tracks on youtube. However, while the video has the correct rendition, the downloads linked in the description have some...additions.
Anyway, long story short that's why a lot of lazier remixers like this guy are going to have We Are Number One unknowingly mixed into their tracks.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Scarodactyl posted:

So, as a goof the Cool and New Music Team (sort of a Homestuck thing, don't think about it too much) released midi versions of tracks on youtube. However, while the video has the correct rendition, the downloads linked in the description have some...additions.
Anyway, long story short that's why a lot of lazier remixers like this guy are going to have We Are Number One unknowingly mixed into their tracks.

This is hilarious.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It did piss me off how most remixes of ASGORE had one note wrong because that was the most widely shared mid

true pacifist is transcribing it yourself even if it seems like a wasted effort

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ruffian Price posted:

true pacifist is transcribing it yourself even if it seems like a wasted effort
:hai:

Besides, I like to think it's good practice.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i need pictures of my idiot daughter.

does this forum still have a fanart thread?

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

i need pictures of my idiot daughter.

does this forum still have a fanart thread?

It's been closed for ages because more than half of it was people complaining about Captain Invictus posting Undertale fanart. :v:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

source

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Gosts posted:

LEAKED: SPOILERS: THE RELEASE SCHEDULE FOR TOBYFOX'S FUTURE GAMES

2015: UNDERTALE
2018: DELTARUNE
2021: UNRELATED
2024: LEARN DUET
2027: RENTAL DUE
2030: ULTRA NEED
2033: ELATED RUN
2036: DUAL ENTER
2039: TUNDRA EEL
2042: ALE TURNED
2045: ALERT NUDE
2048: TUNA ELDER
2051: DALE TURNER

"Alert: Nude" is totally gonna be the fandom making it's own hentai fanfic game. I just know it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, Deltarune has led me to go back a listen to old Undertale songs which in turn led to me rewatching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRboZwDrOI

Now I'm extra sad that Alphys and Undyne aren't dating anymore :smith:....although I'm also intrigued at the possibility of Alphys marrying Kris's dad and becoming their new stepmother.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, Deltarune has led me to go back a listen to old Undertale songs which in turn led to me rewatching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRboZwDrOI

Now I'm extra sad that Alphys and Undyne aren't dating anymore :smith:....although I'm also intrigued at the possibility of Alphys marrying Kris's dad and becoming their new stepmother.

If the full version of Deltarune doesn't include a Persona-esque life-sim side-quest of hooking Alphys and Undyne up by exploiting the player's meta-knowledge of their characters then the game will not have been worth the wait.

...Although honestly, I could see that playing out horribly as a way to teach the player the danger of trying to rely on and recreate things they like from Undertale in this new context, because the characters have their own, different histories (hinted at by things like Alphys' reversed opinion of Mew Mew).

Then again that might be a little too harsh, even with Deltarune's darker tone.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dolash posted:

If the full version of Deltarune doesn't include a Persona-esque life-sim side-quest of hooking Alphys and Undyne up by exploiting the player's meta-knowledge of their characters then the game will not have been worth the wait.

...Although honestly, I could see that playing out horribly as a way to teach the player the danger of trying to rely on and recreate things they like from Undertale in this new context, because the characters have their own, different histories (hinted at by things like Alphys' reversed opinion of Mew Mew).

Then again that might be a little too harsh, even with Deltarune's darker tone.

I could see the player trying to get them together but never getting any indication that it worked, because a week isn't long enough for a friendship to turn into anything more.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm looking forward to a more mature story with Deltarune, I just wish I didn't have to wait four years.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

McFrugal posted:

I could see the player trying to get them together but never getting any indication that it worked, because a week isn't long enough for a friendship to turn into anything more.

is it confirmed that the game takes place over the span of a week? sort of skimmed what Toby said about it so I might have missed that part.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

is it confirmed that the game takes place over the span of a week? sort of skimmed what Toby said about it so I might have missed that part.

nope

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I had a moment of inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeaQgLKspI

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
after thinking about it i get the feeling that, re: kris' parents, asgore and toriel's separation this time is connected somehow to the fact that kris is adopted

either asgore spilled the beans too early or brought it up in a way that caused kris a lot of pain, and toriel torched their relationship as a result

kris' reticence around him and his usual desperate efforts to get back into toriel's good graces definitely suggest the screwup was his, at least

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I thought it was heavily implied since Asriel comes home in a week. Ain't no way that's not gonna be the climax of the story, or part of the epilogue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

after thinking about it i get the feeling that, re: kris' parents, asgore and toriel's separation this time is connected somehow to the fact that kris is adopted

either asgore spilled the beans too early or brought it up in a way that caused kris a lot of pain, and toriel torched their relationship as a result

kris' reticence around him and his usual desperate efforts to get back into toriel's good graces definitely suggest the screwup was his, at least

It's still relevant...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oxxidation posted:

I dunno, unlike in Undertale I don't think Asgore and Toriel's divorce was caused by a specific incident. The vibe I'm getting is that Toriel just fell out of love with Asgore, which happens sometimes.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oxxidation posted:

It might be interesting if it turned out to be something genuinely mundane, like they just drifted apart over time. Toriel seems like she could lose patience over time with Asgore's wishy-washyness, he apparently runs his business pretty badly, the guy's got loser stink on him. I remember back in Undertale one of the more interesting bits when Toriel confronted him again was she seemed angrier about how indecisive and weak he was over the whole child-murder policy than she was about the policy itself.

There not being some sort of unforgivable sin at the heart of their breakup this time might be an interesting way to recast their relationship.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I dunno, unlike in Undertale I don't think Asgore and Toriel's divorce was caused by a specific incident. The vibe I'm getting is that Toriel just fell out of love with Asgore, which happens sometimes.

Dolash posted:

It might be interesting if it turned out to be something genuinely mundane, like they just drifted apart over time. Toriel seems like she could lose patience over time with Asgore's wishy-washyness, he apparently runs his business pretty badly, the guy's got loser stink on him. I remember back in Undertale one of the more interesting bits when Toriel confronted him again was she seemed angrier about how indecisive and weak he was over the whole child-murder policy than she was about the policy itself.

There not being some sort of unforgivable sin at the heart of their breakup this time might be an interesting way to recast their relationship.

Toriel said something about an "incident", so something happened. Just not the same thing obviously.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They adopted six previous kids, each of which died in a different accident for which Asgore could almost-but-not-quite be blamed for.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tunicate posted:

They adopted six previous kids, each of which died in a different accident for which Asgore could almost-but-not-quite be blamed for.

Represented by the flowers he has in his shop.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

Represented by the flowers he has in his shop.

Those are from his wedding bouquet.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

McFrugal posted:

Those are from his wedding bouquet.

made out of children. It’s why toriel doesn’t like flowers

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I swear, I'm trying to pace myself

source

source

source

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/KenjuTE/status/1059284267585429504

Spoiler fanart for Jevil. Watch out.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 5, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tunicate posted:

[an increasingly comical montage of children dying in the immediate presence of Asgore]

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gently caress I knew I had seen that somewhere

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Oxxidation.

I saw it. That 1/1 better just be temporary.

if i can't play the lovely dog's game then at least let me read the idiot possum's stories.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Does undyne even know about anime in this universe

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Undyne being bored out of her skull because of not having someone to beat up 24/7 and causing traffic accident out of frustration got a chuckle out of me.

Is Napstablook, Mettaton or the Dummy anywhere to find? Couldn't see them on my victory lap through the town.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Broken Cog posted:

Undyne being bored out of her skull because of not having someone to beat up 24/7 and causing traffic accident out of frustration got a chuckle out of me.

Is Napstablook, Mettaton or the Dummy anywhere to find? Couldn't see them on my victory lap through the town.

There's a suspiciously spooky-shaped house you might have missed.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RabidWeasel posted:

There's a suspiciously spooky-shaped house you might have missed.

I saw it, but I couldn't enter.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Chapter 2 is building a bank so someone can rob it and get suplexed

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I saw it, but I couldn't enter.
When you knock the person who answers says "darling" which is a big red mettaton flag.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Napstablook isn't directly visible, but you can find his journal in the Librarby and the clerk at the Police Station closes the blinds if you knock, which, on a second knock, is described as (Seems the police aren't really feelin' it right now...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Again, I can't believe Napstablook is a loving cop.