Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Love how 8 year old Judith could headshot 3-4 zombies with a pistol from at least 100 feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I haven't bothered watching this series since like halfway into season 7, so I just read this thread to see everyone's reactions at the show's latest plumbing of the depths of stupidity. So with that said, holy goddamn :laffo:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I haven't bothered watching this series since like halfway into season 7, so I just read this thread to see everyone's reactions at the show's latest plumbing of the depths of stupidity. So with that said, holy goddamn :laffo:

I admit to doing the exact same. The thread is more entertainment than the show would be.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Johnny Truant posted:

they look exactly the same, hth

are you telling me Eugene doesn't really have a braid?? :(

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is the A and B poo poo something explained on Fear the Walking Dead, or is it something new for this bad show?

Also Jerry is the best character, please just shift the entire focus to The Kingdom, thanks

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Love how 8 year old Judith could headshot 3-4 zombies with a pistol from at least 100 feet away.

my favourite is how she shoots five or six zombies, out of a herd that was overpowering that random group of like 5 people...

...and then they just stand there while she does her lame ~introduction~ and no zombies pay them any mind, they act totally safe, playin it cool...

:psyduck:

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Is the A and B poo poo something explained on Fear the Walking Dead, or is it something new for this bad show?

Also Jerry is the best character, please just shift the entire focus to The Kingdom, thanks

they haven't explained it and probably won't until Rrrrriiiiiiccccckkkkkk makes a possible comeback

Carol's new hair looks cool, though :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still don't know what to say lol

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chris James 2 posted:

I still don't know what to say lol

Well when you know, post it on social media with the hashtag #RicksNotDead so Chris Hardwick can read it

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I could complain for paragraphs, but I take no issue with the fake out. You hype an ending, you get ratings. You hype a return, you get ratings. Business-wise (ugh) it makes perfect sense for AMC (uuuuggghhhhhh) to package Rick's changes this way. It Could Have Been Handled Better, yes, but that's like a common theme throughout the entire franchise.

It's similar to how every single band in the universe at one point plays a farewell tour and then plays a comeback tour four years later.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hey look, Rick is getting saved -> 6 year time jump -> preview shows that basically nobody died in a 6 year span of time... In a zombie apocalypse where people die drat near every month when there is a camera on them...
Wait, yeah, this is actually pretty ridiculous.
The first 2 years have a major character dying every month or so and constant fights with human villains and factions, but suddenly everyone stays alive for the next 6 years with no problem or major changes or battles with other humans. They just change their haircuts and maybe reinforce the walls a bit more.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

people not getting dead cuz rick is no longer in charge is actually credible though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In 6 years whatever zombies are left should be rotted shambles with barely any ability to move or do anything threatening

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did Morgan and the teamsters show up

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
I had to re-watch the ending when the helicopter (WTF?) flies away, and you see the shack go from being in pretty good condition to being dilapidated, showing the passage of time. Too subtle for this show. I only rewound because I was confused about who these new people were.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

JazzFlight posted:

Wait, yeah, this is actually pretty ridiculous.
The first 2 years have a major character dying every month or so and constant fights with human villains and factions, but suddenly everyone stays alive for the next 6 years with no problem or major changes or battles with other humans. They just change their haircuts and maybe reinforce the walls a bit more.

But the questions is... on which side do they reinforce the walls, hmm?

Maybe they finally reinforced it on the inside and that's why they've been safe for 6 years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The intro of JUDITH GRAHHHHMS was straight out of Z Nation

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Okay, this is a bit of a coffee cup under the dumpster moment here, BUT take a look at this here picture:

Rick was off the bridge from what I could tell when he brasted the TNT. How'd he end up sucked into the river? If anything he should've been blown off further "inland". Also burnt to a crisp.

I haven't watched a single episode in full, just clips from here and there, so maybe they explained why there's a wagon full of TNT sitting on the bridge, and why there is nobody there on the bridge, either working or guarding the TNT. Please enlighten me. That's pretty valuable cargo in my books, but I guess they just left it there after a hard days work. I don't know why you'd need dynamite if your operation is about rebuilding a bridge.

I do like that they give Rick this pretty good send off scene, but then they ruin it by him surviving. Classic TWD.

So he's stabbed in the abdomen, has severe blood loss, has been wasting his energy walking about, is blown into the river and is knocked unconscious, but still survives somehow. Hmm...

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 5, 2018

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Freaking lol that Gimple killed Carl off because the actor got "too old" and then the show does not 1 but 2 massive time jumps. Such a waste.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Can we discuss the economics of flying a chopper several years into the zombie apocalypse?

Mostly the fuel situation.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I flipped through this at lunch and lmao why the gently caress would they think judith would look cool with a giant hand cannon and katana

Give her a 10/22 or something because no fuckin way she was headshotting zombies with the python from 100 yards away in the woods

Also why did they need green screen for the sasha scene

This ep is gonna make me mad while I get my pump on after work, so I guess it's a good show?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

so I guess it's a good show?

you take that back THIS INSTANT

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

moist turtleneck posted:

I flipped through this at lunch and lmao why the gently caress would they think judith would look cool with a giant hand cannon and katana

Give her a 10/22 or something because no fuckin way she was headshotting zombies with the python from 100 yards away in the woods

Also why did they need green screen for the sasha scene

This ep is gonna make me mad while I get my pump on after work, so I guess it's a good show?

No you see they had to show that she was both Rick’s kid and Michonne’s adopted kid and Carl’s sister all before she flat out announced I AM JUDITH GRIMES directly to the camera

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If they were gonna do a big time skip, go real big. Jump to when Judith is 15 or 16 so it's not so ridiculous. Daryl now looks like Joel from The Last of Us because that's basically who he is now anyway. Carol and Ezekiel have a son named Tyrone, who Jerry calls "T-dog". Jerry is also now married to a horse and Maggie hasn't spoken a word in 10 years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The katana, gun, and hat are all legendary gear so she's a loving twinked out low level character.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Oh my lord that Judith scene was so horrible.

That was such cringey poo poo. To me that was almost as bad as when Arya did the anime pose + smug Sonic grin in GoT.

I know I've been disgusted and frustrated by the poo poo quality and poor writing of this show but cringe is a relatively rare occurrence.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Caught the ending of this flipping through channels.
Cool, gonna catch the Rick death. Oh, dynamite, ok, he blows the bridge and bleeds out on the opposite bank of those 2005 Call of Duty water effects. Then we get to see the gang find walker Rick later and off him as Michonne breaks down.
Wait, he was close enough to fall in the water, not drown, and is unfazed by the giant goddamned explosion...well, then this is where he bleeds out.
Wait, Jadis, the gently caress, a chopper...of course, Rick lives. Way to cop out again AMC.
Oh, time skip, people that survived whatever years of zombies just got themselves trapped, sure, ok. *Enter super Judith* Jesus Christ, no more

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Lmao just caught this, so the zombies can talk now huh? Christ yea why not? gently caress it i'm waiting for them to introduce some left4dead type zombies to keep this show "fresh".

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just Chamber posted:

Lmao just caught this, so the zombies can talk now huh? Christ yea why not? gently caress it i'm waiting for them to introduce some left4dead type zombies to keep this show "fresh".

:confused:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Just Chamber posted:

comic spoiler
they aren't zombies

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Johnny Truant posted:

the horse was just chillin every time Rick passed out and then had to escape. just milling around, not reacting to the herd of zombies that caused it to buck in the first place

pretty sure that was at least 3 times

Wrong horse. I'm talking about two horses hitched to a trailer in the scene that introduces soon-to-be-insufferable Judith SIX YEARS IN THE FUTUREEEEEEEEEEEE. Re-watch the scene with the new group being surrounded by ten zombies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Instead of Judith it should be the girl from FTWD because at least she isn't a fuckin cartoon character

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
This, my friends, is PEAK TWD!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Judith is really bad fan service and she should definitely be eaten by a zombie exactly 30 seconds after that scene, then cut to Alexandria where everyone is desperately looking for Judith because it turns out she has special needs and was out without the strict supervision she requires in town, not to mention outside.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Judith didn't actually manage to shoot any zombies, one of the snipers in a post got them and it was a coincidence that she was standing in the woods at the time.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The katana is a plastic facsimile they found in an old toy store so she could pretend to be her mom. The gun isn't loaded, and she found it on the ground on her unsanctioned excursion. The hat is very much real, and much like Coral she uses it as a safety blanket everywhere she goes.

Cue drama related to the death of Judith.

Aand we're off!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

comic spoiler
they aren't zombies

Ah right i heard about those guys. Well that's what i get for barely paying attention. Still stupid.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So wait, this wasn't even the fabled mid-season finale?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gortarius posted:

So wait, this wasn't even the fabled mid-season finale?
No.

I pray every night that it gets canceled mid-season.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So why was there a wagon full of TNT on the bridge?

I've never built a bridge myself but I probably wouldn't need TNT to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

This should have been Judith's introduction: