Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thesaurus posted:

. It was also really dated and cheap looking and had no discernable message

The democrats.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Nastier Nate posted:

I can’t wait to vote for all the succ dems on the ballot tomorow.
And my ballot is literally all succ dems with the possible exception of John Fetterman, who will succ because luitenant governor is a do-nothing job.

He's got a p decent beard at least.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

No need to go with ethnic jokes here.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
local paper did a piece on the State Senate race in my district, and referred to former Governor Mitch Daniels as "public-school-Thanos Mitch Daniels," :popeye:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

good thing polls do not actually exist

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
red states democrat senators are 70% correct 30% wrong

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Typo posted:

red states democrat senators are 70% wrong like democrats 30% wrong like republicans

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
my local elections seem to be all succ except for one lady who is cool and running for our state congress in my small district

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Peanut President posted:

local paper did a piece on the State Senate race in my district, and referred to former Governor Mitch Daniels as "public-school-Thanos Mitch Daniels," :popeye:

ironic given he was against SNAP

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hoping against all hope beto jumps the TX-10 race over the finish line but lol at that loving map

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
got a text from the DeSantis Campaign

"Can we count on your vote, Lastgirl?"

I replied back

Can we count on your pee pee poo poo 🤪🤣

gently caress NO 😡

GET OUT OF HERE R a c i s m boy

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
oh god bill mitchell's twitter acct if the dems don't take the house

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I posted this in the TRUMP thread but forgot that it's more relevant here:

I work for the Electric utility in Detroit and we are anticipating large wind gusts (>50mph) starting tomorrow morning ~6am and extending through Wednesday. Winds like these are likely knock out power to huge amounts of Detroit.

Just so you know who to blame when Detroit goes Red tomorrow.

We are preparing and prioritizing polling locations but this'll be a nightmare.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

TraderStav posted:

I work for the Electric utility in Detroit and we are anticipating large wind gusts (>50mph) starting tomorrow morning ~6am and extending through Wednesday. Winds like these are likely knock out power to huge amounts of Detroit.

yeah I guess god is a GOP voter (values voter etc) so god's divine will prob R+1 to the popular vote

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TraderStav posted:

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/1059468770148843520

Guess god wants America to go red.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
The point that I failed to make is that we have done a horrific job of maintaining our electrical infrastructure (laughably bad, way worse than the next worst) so slight gusts knock out tens of thousands easily. Our system cannot handle anything and it is at it's worst in the City.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
im psyched to post a lot and often tomorrow, in this thread

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is there a good list of what races to be watching tommorow to know if our descent into further facism over the coming years will at least include minority prison guards?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

For an early night indicator, I'm gonna watch Donelly in Indiana. Polls close real early there, and the race has been heavily polled. If polls are off there, it's going to be the first real indicator.

For later, MN02 is basically Dem house hopes in a nutshell.

District voted for Clinton but reelected their "moderate" GOP rep in 2016. It's a collar county district that was gerrymandered in 2010 to be solidly, but not overwhelmingly Republican.

Race is a rematch of 2016 and is favored to go to Dems. If they are in trouble there, it's a really bad sign for Dems in other rich, white suburban districts.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Thoguh posted:

Is there a good list of what races to be watching tommorow to know if our descent into further facism over the coming years will at least include minority prison guards?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/?ex_cid=rrpromo

basically the grey ones on the hex map

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I have little faith that Democrats will win anything tomorrow.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I have faith the dumbest poo poo will happen

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

really queer Christmas posted:

Same.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dirk Pitt posted:

I have little faith that Democrats will win anything tomorrow.

this will be true regardless if they gain seats or not

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

really queer Christmas posted:

TRUMP

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pro tip: if you live in a state that does that poo poo where they list 20 judges with a "should this guy keep his judgeship yes/no", just vote to recall all of them! they probably suck!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'm still standing by my prediction that Dems will retake the House but not by as Resistance Twitter expects.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the bitcoin of weed posted:

pro tip: if you live in a state that does that poo poo where they list 20 judges with a "should this guy keep his judgeship yes/no", just vote to recall all of them! they probably suck!

I used to do that but then after the Iowa Supreme court ruled that gay marriage was legal in the state the Steve King contingent succeeded in voting a couple of them out (I voted for them to stay) so ever since then unless I have a specific reason to be against a judge I vote to keep them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thanks.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thoguh posted:

I used to do that but then after the Iowa Supreme court ruled that gay marriage was legal in the state the Steve King contingent succeeded in voting a couple of them out (I voted for them to stay) so ever since then unless I have a specific reason to be against a judge I vote to keep them.

oh yeah if you live in a chud state they'll probably put up way worse people as replacements i guess

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

my local elections seem to be all succ except for one lady who is cool and running for our state congress in my small district

I stumbled upon a pretty decent young guy running for city council here, which was a pleasant surprise.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

crazy that there is even a possibility like this in UT

mia love will win

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

shes going to win re election on mitt romney's coattails

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the worst loving part of this election is that no matter what mitt romney is going to be relevant again

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

the worst loving part of this election is that no matter what mitt romney is going to be relevant again

no there will be something worse

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

otoh the moment he's a senator he shoots back up to the top of trump's poo poo list

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
While you were chasing the latest polls, I was studying the Blade.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Took this picture today, not sure if it's for or against.

Also, very surreal as I was watching Rob Zombie movies this morning.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SimonCat posted:

Took this picture today, not sure if it's for or against.

Also, very surreal as I was watching Rob Zombie movies this morning.

Is this pro or anti Democrat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Is this pro or anti Democrat?

I don't know.