Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The feature is extremely great. I went for a run today and actually got credit for the whole thing! Normally I get half distance at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Do you have to actually close the GO app? It's been pretty stingy with the credited distance for me, and I may have only had it minimized instead of completely closed out.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
the go app needs to be completely closed to get credit from fit/health

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DizzyBum posted:

This might not work for you due to how the data is synced into Fit:

https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

So right now the only guaranteed way to get Adventure Sync to do its thing is to have your phone in your pocket with the screen off and tracking your steps. Or have a wearable device with native health app support.

Ah this makes sense, I'll uninstall fit2fit And see if I get better results. Most of my ~5 miles of walking a day i have my phone on me so this should work out eventually in my favor

What I really want to do is have pogo open for my alt, then when on the train I switch to my main and get credit on both accounts for the same distance

It does create a weird incentive though - you want the app open when driving then minimized on the last 1km leg of the trip, but closed when youre walking

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 5, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Shiny ponyta and cubone are on the way, to be released with Niantic's other game, Ingress Prime.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Shiny Ponyta is so loving fire its' ridiculous.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Willsun posted:

If you missed Dratini day you missed out on the only chance to get gold dragon badge. Or else raid like crazy on dragon legendaries.

just because you bold something doesn't make it true? I'm not really sure why you felt the need to do this. I know people who got gold dragon prior to dratini community day and there are other dragon types in the game which may get a community day or an event in the future. Bagon is very likely to happen at some point based on their pattern so far.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Psion posted:

just because you bold something doesn't make it true? I'm not really sure why you felt the need to do this. I know people who got gold dragon prior to dratini community day and there are other dragon types in the game which may get a community day or an event in the future. Bagon is very likely to happen at some point based on their pattern so far.

People who were playing back when the Dratini nests existed and could access them basically played an entirely different game from everyone else for over a year

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I just got Adventure Sync at level 27, so I guess the rollout is progressing. Nice load of free items too.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yeah I play this game like crazy and I'm not even at 100 dragons. Normal players aren't going to get it done without (needed) changes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Willsun posted:

If you missed Dratini day you missed out on the only chance to get gold dragon badge. Or else raid like crazy on dragon legendaries.

i had my dragon badge long before dratini day tho :confused:

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah I play this game like crazy and I'm not even at 100 dragons. Normal players aren't going to get it done without (needed) changes.

this entirely depends on where they are. when i was living in a different town, the park near me spawned around 3 or so dratini a day, and since i could see the stops from my house it meant a 2 minute walk to catch them any time they popped up.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I missed Dratini day but still have caught 30,000 Pokemon and still don’t have the dragon badge.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Before the community day I had like 14 dragons and nowhere close to a Dragonite from finding Dratini spawns on a river. Had 3 run from me, since it was such a big deal that I was counting. After the Dratini day, I'm over 100, long after I've gotten all the other type medals. I have no idea how you were supposed to get gold before the CD, Dragons are just way too rare.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

To anyone in here that also plays Ingress, they finally released the Ingress Prime app.

HookShot posted:

Shiny Ponyta is so loving fire its' ridiculous.

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJsqERhgeU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I hit 35000 Pokémon caught last month and just this weekend hit the gold Dragon badge. I’d say a good 25% of that was from evolutions, because I NEVER see dragon types. Factor out the Alolan event and the Dratini event and I wouldn’t even be close.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

People who were playing back when the Dratini nests existed and could access them basically played an entirely different game from everyone else for over a year

oh, I know. i wasn't playing then, and I got my badge on dratini day. But overly dramatic stuff like the only chance when there are other dragon types in line for a community day is dumb. that's my point - not that dragon badge is easy (it's not) or that dragons are common enough (they're not) but that there will be other chances to get it.

Outside of community day though, at least one dragon type should nest, do any of them right now? I don't think they do.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 5, 2018

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

mastershakeman posted:

I caught enough Dratini even without nests and before community day because Amsterdam is full of them along the canals and in the former harbours. When I lived on a canal I was catching a few around the house every day. If I remember well I got the Dragon gold medal well before my Ice, Steel, Fire and Fighting gold medals.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 5, 2018

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
About to hit best friends for the first time thanks to the SA goon list. Thanks for being a reliable gifter Correlatoress!

If you catch this post, might want to throw on a lucky egg for the xp.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Entropist posted:

I caught enough Dratini even without nests and before community day because Amsterdam is full of them along the canals and in the former harbours. When I lived on a canal I was catching a few around the house every day. If I remember well I got the Dragon gold medal well before my Ice, Steel, Fire and Fighting gold medals.

the ol' classic niantic uneven spawn system strikes again

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maw posted:

I just got Adventure Sync at level 27, so I guess the rollout is progressing. Nice load of free items too.

Turns out they just said, "gently caress it!" and gave it to everyone.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1059523760125104128

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I'm at 19,500 caught and 224 Dragons. Dratini day was a good factor in that, but my town has a harbour area where Dratini spawn with decent frequency. I'd probably have double the amount of dragons caught if I lived closer to the harbour.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught about 100 during Dratini day and 95 during Exeggutor week, the rest have all been quests mostly.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Entropist posted:

That's incredible. The spawns are so weird in this game - there's a big park along a river canal by where I live, and it gets absolutely no water spawns , so you couldn't get magikarp or Dratini back in gen 1 along it. Infuriating back when those mattered so much

Fwiw I'm at 16k mons caught, 161 dragons for badge and I played super hard during the Dratini event. And this is walking by a river daily to work and spending a lot of time playing along another river or lake Michigan (which also got barely any water spawns). Then again there was a park a half hour north that would spawn a half dozen togetics a day so who knows how this dumb algorithm works

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 5, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I got an ex pass for 11-11:45am on a Wednesday.

I work 4-8 Wednesday nights. :smug:

So hype! Still dumb as hell that they’re in the middle of the work day, but I’ll take it!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah I forgot that was tomorrow, thanks for the reminder

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I encountered a cluster of alohan exeggutors at Pier 39 in San Fran the other week, so I don't know if that counts as a nest or what the deal was, beyond "SF is literally the best place in the world to play this game"

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
real talk my gf and i occasionally day trip up to SF purely just to get food and play pogo heh

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Psion posted:

I'm just speaking to most casual people, chill out. I mean what are you gonna tell most of them how to get gold on dragon badge right now? Fill up a full tank and run around your state looking for every weather cell that has windy weather and look for Bagon? Dig deep into a random Discord server that swears there's a spawn point that brings Dratini pretty often and camp out on a random street?

Plenty of us have gold on dragon, but I'm saying it's perfectly normal for people to not have it yet because Dratini day is the main reason most people even have it. I hope I didn't ruin your Pokeday with some Pokeopinions. Not sure why you felt the need to do this.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yeah my GF has been playing longer than me, she has caught 6400 Pokémon and has 50 dragons caught. She is far more casual with it and doesn’t really go places specifically to play very much.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Shiny Ponyta and Cubone are live now, and they're everywhere.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah good, I was wondering about that, since I can't remember the last time I saw a Cubone. Ponyta is at least a kinda common Clear spawn.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
199/200 on my gold dragon badge. I have all the other types gold badges and 17k caught. Come on on more draratini!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

OgreNoah posted:

Shiny Ponyta and Cubone are live now, and they're everywhere.

Ahhh so that's why I have a dozen of each in my box all of a sudden. Weird. Don't really care about either but hey, I'm sure someone is happy about it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Willsun posted:

I'm just

ah yes, the classic "actually it's your fault for calling out my bad post" defense.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 5, 2018

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Typhlosion community day this Saturday.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Typhlosion community day this Saturday.

relevant to this topic, bagon had better be next month!!!

Blast Burn move, 2x catch xp and 2x dust, same time window (3 hours to catch, 1 hour after still gets the move on evolve)

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 5, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

relevant to this topic, bagon had better be next month!!!

2x catch xp and 2x dust, :rip: 3x dust, you were too good for this world

I hope it isn't, what with all the holiday business and travel and so forth. January should get bagon to make it worthwhile.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Talking badges and obtainability I'm still upset I made it to 977/1000 on the training badge and will never finish that arc because training no longer exists. I hope they merge that badge into PvP or something, just for the ol' autism.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

I hope it isn't, what with all the holiday business and travel and so forth. January should get bagon to make it worthwhile.

hmm, that's a good point. I'd agree with you, but the problem is that makes it more likely niantic will make it december :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yes, or