Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Do any of you have a couple of entropy cannon barrels from a plagueburst crawler that you'd be willing to sell?

Also, rules question:

A query came up about firing from vehicles. Assuming no base, do you measure from the hull or the gun? I thought it was the hull, a friend thought it was the gun. The only answer I've been able to find was in this intro document which states hull. https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Warhammer_40000_Stepping_into_a_New_Edition_of_Warhammer_40000.pdf
Am I missing something or is that the only place that is specified? I didn't see it in the rules, rulebook FAQ, or Big FAQs. It's entirely possible I'm dumb and just missed it somewhere obvious.

The CRB is pretty clear: you measure from the hull if a unit has no base.

Additionally, all units with a special rule like hover tanks (Devilfish, Hammerhead, Repulsor) specifically say measure from the hull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AA update. Need to figure how I’m going to make the handle/trigger and an old school reticle.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Strobe posted:

The CRB is pretty clear: you measure from the hull if a unit has no base.

Additionally, all units with a special rule like hover tanks (Devilfish, Hammerhead, Repulsor) specifically say measure from the hull.

Ah yeah, i see it now. Cheers.

We're still having previous edition confusions here and there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

OhDearGodNo posted:

AA update. Need to figure how I’m going to make the handle/trigger and an old school reticle.

There's bits on the sprue for Ork Boyz that would make a good reticle.

jadarx
May 25, 2012
Rules question on the Ork buggies. A couple mention that the model's crew are armed with certain weapons. These weapons are separate from the buggie's weapon. Is there a definition on what a 'crew' is, so you can tell how many pistol shots some of the buggies get? Is it each ork/grot model on the buggie?

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing

BigRed0427 posted:

So i found an old model from that Inquisition game that was around during 3rd edition. Still in the box and unopened. What should I do with it?

Give it to me you git!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

jadarx posted:

Rules question on the Ork buggies. A couple mention that the model's crew are armed with certain weapons. These weapons are separate from the buggie's weapon. Is there a definition on what a 'crew' is, so you can tell how many pistol shots some of the buggies get? Is it each ork/grot model on the buggie?

Models may fire either all of their non-pistol, non-grenade weapons, all of their pistol weapons, or one model in the unit can throw a grenade instead of any other weapon attacks.

The "crew" literally doesn't matter at all. You will be informed in the rules text whether or not there are any exceptions to those rules.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Specifically for the Ork buggies, they have a rule letting you fire pistol/grenade weapons without restricting what the rest of the buggy can fire.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a way to get special troop choices for a speed freaks army? Or does it basically have to be boyz + truck?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Outside of CSM cult troops, I don't think there's any roleswapping anymore. Trukk boyz seem pretty good, at least.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Boyz and Grots are the ONLY troops options to orks, any orks, all orks.

So yeah, some boyz in a wagon. Alternatively do a ton of the weirdo detachments, or just play open play and say gently caress detachments and bring your speedwaagh and just match for points or something.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Liquid Communism posted:

There's bits on the sprue for Ork Boyz that would make a good reticle.

Exactly what I needed, thanks!

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Technowolf posted:

The heroes:

No I already have enough priests, but I want that crazy confessor so bad! Flamer buddy too!

Dynastesaurus
Oct 22, 2010

I have a rules question for you guys about the new Orks Codex:

The codex lists "Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun" that has no wargear options.
Xenos 2 lists a "Big Mek" that has the option to take either a Shokk Attack Gun or Kustom Force Field.

Can you still run a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field using points/power costs from the index, or can only Big Meks in Mega Armour take Kustom Force Fields now?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yep, you can use the Index entry for it. Page 6 in the Designer's Commentary covers it.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 5, 2018

Dynastesaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Thanks a bunch! My illegally converted big mek will be so happy he can stay in the WAAAGH!!! with the boyz.

Someday I will paint some models. Someday.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

He's not really one that anybody is going to seek out or pay crazy money for, so do whatever you like! (You won't be ruining a $200 figure if that's what you're afraid of. )

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Cainer posted:

No I already have enough priests, but I want that crazy confessor so bad! Flamer buddy too!

I want everybody but the squats and the kroot. I also want those traitor guard to convert back to loyalists for use with my knights. I am not buying that box.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DiHK posted:

I want everybody but the squats and the kroot. I also want those traitor guard to convert back to loyalists for use with my knights. I am not buying that box.

They're Ratlings, not Squats.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm triply-breaking the rules here because this is a conversion, that makes it a week late, and it's the barest of conversions, I just used a different pair of arms than the manual called for.

And the rest of the Kill Team:

I haven't painted anything in at least a decade an I was really dreading doing this but man, it was way easier than I thought and I actually had fun doing it!

Now I just have to figure out how to finish the bases...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're Ratlings, not Squats.

Trap sprung

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Every time I see "Studio Paintjob Death Guard" I wish I didn't decide to do my own original color scheme. These look really clean! (or at least, as clean as anything Nurgle can)

How do you like the Plague Spewer so far? Mine has accomplished virtually nothing in Kill Team. It's like, either I Cloud of Flies the Spewer or the Flail - and then whichever I didn't CoF gets shot off the board. Or I don't CoF either of them because I need CP for a Re-roll or Decisive Strike/Shot and then they both just get shot off the board :(

I've got my first game with Commanders on Thursday. Bringing a Level 3 Strategist Tallyman so I can have 3 + 1d3 Command Points, and it reduces Tactics by 1. So now I can CoF, Reroll, and Decisive Whatever every round :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sab669 posted:

Every time I see "Studio Paintjob Death Guard" I wish I didn't decide to do my own original color scheme. These look really clean! (or at least, as clean as anything Nurgle can)

How do you like the Plague Spewer so far? Mine has accomplished virtually nothing in Kill Team. It's like, either I Cloud of Flies the Spewer or the Flail - and then whichever I didn't CoF gets shot off the board. Or I don't CoF either of them because I need CP for a Re-roll or Decisive Strike/Shot and then they both just get shot off the board :(

I've got my first game with Commanders on Thursday. Bringing a Level 3 Strategist Tallyman so I can have 3 + 1d3 Command Points, and it reduces Tactics by 1. So now I can CoF, Reroll, and Decisive Whatever every round :getin:

I'm yet to actually play a game with these dudes, but that Gunner has a Blight Launcher, not a Plague Spewer. I've heard you pretty much have to take at least one of them.

I knew that if anybody let me play with this team before I painted them, I never would, so I figured I should get them finished before hitting a table.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Sab669 posted:

How do you like the Plague Spewer so far? Mine has accomplished virtually nothing in Kill Team.

Mine too buddy, mine too. Too short of a range to be threatening and you have to babysit him to avoid out of los charges.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I almost think the Plague Belcher is the better option since you can advance and still shoot it.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is there a way to get special troop choices for a speed freaks army? Or does it basically have to be boyz + truck?

I’m experimenting with that. I’ve got a 2k game this Friday so I’m taking a Goff battalion with 3x20 scar boys and Zagstruck with the Follow Me Ladz trait (never mind can’t do that... well I’ll make Someone on a bike warlord instead) To run them around I’ve got an Evil Sunz spearhead with 3 ‘ard case Deffrolla Battlewagons and a wartrike boss. That’s just over 1k points of hard hitting mobile mechanised core. I’m going to fill the leftover 900ish points up with several of the new buggies and KFF bike Meks. My game plan is to drive around as fast as possible and incessantly quote the mad max and death race movies.

krursk fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 5, 2018

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

You're probably right about the Plague Belcher; I'm not sure why I / most stuff I see online seems to run a Spewer. I think this week I might experiment with 2 Blight Launchers, honestly. Just throw them behind cover and just throw 4x Strength 6 / AP-2 shots into everyone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dynastesaurus posted:

I have a rules question for you guys about the new Orks Codex:

The codex lists "Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun" that has no wargear options.
Xenos 2 lists a "Big Mek" that has the option to take either a Shokk Attack Gun or Kustom Force Field.

Can you still run a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field using points/power costs from the index, or can only Big Meks in Mega Armour take Kustom Force Fields now?

You can use index rules, but for now. Not being in the codex means he may get squatted in the future.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

You can use index rules, but for now. Not being in the codex means he may get squatted in the future.

That's what happened to Meks with burnas.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They posted the Blackstone Fortress sprues. Looks like the Chaos Lord could be released separately but all the other minis are gonna be exclusive to this box.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That eldar looks like a rogue trader model, and not in a good way. Legs splayed gun ninety degrees ccw arm akimbo and gumby limbs.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Fake James posted:

I keep seeing this posted here, Reddit, and other social media sites despite there being no reason 'men of iron' would be present on a Blackstone Fortress that just drifted into the galaxy, nor did men of iron look like that in ~the lore~, but people really want to believe what they want to believe I guess

I thought the notion was that the little tripod bots were remnant Men-of-Iron, not the Rogue Trader killbot, which reminds me of an RT era Conqueror or Colossus.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Full unboxing

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
They've been so good about doing separate sprues recently. I guess they planned on these miniatures not being used anywhere else. :sadpeanut:

That the ranger is not just bad in comparison to its peers. It's a compilation of bad design choices that GW has avoided in recent years. Boobplate, thrust awkwardly forward (or something, I can't understand what's supposed to be going on with the legs). The way the cloak is folded seems off too, even if it might just be a side effect of the splayed legs.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I will likely consider getting another Eldar model to replace that one. I’m sure there’s plenty of people who will buy it if I chuck it online and keep the other pieces. I’m not entirely familiar with the Eldar range, what would be a suitable replacement?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

PierreTheMime posted:

I will likely consider getting another Eldar model to replace that one. I’m sure there’s plenty of people who will buy it if I chuck it online and keep the other pieces. I’m not entirely familiar with the Eldar range, what would be a suitable replacement?

Illic Nightspear (downside is finecast, upside is its cheaper than the rangers which are also finecast)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PierreTheMime posted:

A ranger.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

richyp posted:

Illic Nightspear (downside is finecast, upside is its cheaper than the rangers which are also finecast)

This is exactly what I was going to suggest just from a quick perusal of the GW site.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I thought the notion was that the little tripod bots were remnant Men-of-Iron, not the Rogue Trader killbot, which reminds me of an RT era Conqueror or Colossus.

I had meant the tripod bots. The 40K wiki and Lexicanum mentions that Men-of-Iron are humanoid; these things look rather alien-like. But overall we'll find out when it's released - the way GW has retconned stuff they could end up being Men-of-Iron for all I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Maneck posted:

They've been so good about doing separate sprues recently. I guess they planned on these miniatures not being used anywhere else. :sadpeanut:

That the ranger is not just bad in comparison to its peers. It's a compilation of bad design choices that GW has avoided in recent years. Boobplate, thrust awkwardly forward (or something, I can't understand what's supposed to be going on with the legs). The way the cloak is folded seems off too, even if it might just be a side effect of the splayed legs.

Shut up you mithering fuckwit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)