Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
If you spend five minutes to set up some revolution bars you'll get the same low combat engagement without the loss of 25-30% damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It feels a lot faster to level up in Rs3 compared to how it used to be too

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Simsmagic posted:

It feels a lot faster to level up in Rs3 compared to how it used to be too

its cuz it is. There's simply a bunch of little improvements for xp/hr from easier banking to actual extra places to skill things. You have to self-impose super Ironman rules on yourself in rs3 for most things to progress like osrs does.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I peek back at this cursed time hole they've fixed like five of my fundamental issues with the game, looks like I'm back.

edit: I got the Fletching pet last night, my understanding is that they're vanishingly rare but do they do anything useful

Eox fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 2, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I have returned! What's new in the 59 days I've been gone. OSRS got elf-city I see.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Eox posted:

Every time I peek back at this cursed time hole they've fixed like five of my fundamental issues with the game, looks like I'm back.

edit: I got the Fletching pet last night, my understanding is that they're vanishingly rare but do they do anything useful

They're just cosmetic. You can however, make it so that summons look like any of the skilling pets you've unlockedz

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hell yeah they're releasing the mining and smithing beta this month. I can't wait to keep waiting for two years for the actual release

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I just finished newbie island and oh god it's hot it's hooks into me

Just when I thought I was out

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Just did the waterfall quest in OSRS and had a bunch of fun. I never played back in the day so it's not really nostalgia. Just haven't quested like that in an MMO ever, really.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Is there an active osrs clan still or do I have to play with the redditors?

Enemu
May 31, 2014

a dingus posted:

Is there an active osrs clan still or do I have to play with the redditors?

I'm here for the same reason, please don't make me play with redditors

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
ign is napghost if you wanna be my osrs friend.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
I am Meat Sheriff

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Dhof

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
All my normal names are taken so I’m MurphyOrdo.

Is waterfall quest really hard to do low level? I see a bunch of places saying to do it at lv3 and it’ll bump you to 30 atk/str

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm 69DADALLDAY in osrs but I'm only playing mobile randomly so don't expect to see me on and active. I'm a fishing bot without the bot

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
There's an OSRS channel in goon discord in the OP.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
It's Enn480 clan chat, join join join

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Is waterfall quest really hard to do low level? I see a bunch of places saying to do it at lv3 and it’ll bump you to 30 atk/str

Not a bad idea to do Witches House first, but it's easy.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Enemu posted:

It's Enn480 clan chat, join join join

Yeah make sure you stay too, or at least give it a chance. Ever since I made the cc, people would join, see it's empty, then leave.

It's never going to fill up if y'all keep bitchin out. Join motherfuckers.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Joined the CC, won't bitch out. Thinking about following these guides to try some more quests and skill up some more:

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Optimal_quest_guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/1zgb2i/new_account_want_to_level_up_fast_quest/

At what point does doing stuff with other people become viable?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Enemu posted:

Not a bad idea to do Witches House first, but it's easy.

It’s kind of moot at this point since I’ve gotten my attack to 20 and str to 28 but the extra jump is still nice. Maybe I’ll get the membership after all.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I did it at level 8 with 1 defense. Just bring lots of lobbies, know exactly what you need to click to get the quest pieces and have run energy. Being in popular world's helps (other people will be fighting mobs).

The only time I died was crossing white wolf mountain.

My ign is Genseric for anyone playing

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

a dingus posted:

I did it at level 8 with 1 defense. Just bring lots of lobbies, know exactly what you need to click to get the quest pieces and have run energy. Being in popular world's helps (other people will be fighting mobs).

The only time I died was crossing white wolf mountain.

My ign is Genseric for anyone playing

I shouldn’t have any problem then, just from playing mindlessly while I watch tv and at work I’m level 33 with almost everything at 30 lol.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What's the minimum level of lovely Android tablet I could use for this?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Toshimo posted:

What's the minimum level of lovely Android tablet I could use for this?

Something like the ASUS ZenPad can be had for $200 and would do you fine for it

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

I would recommend staying away from the wikia wiki as there has been A LOT of vandalism on articles. Jagex is hosting an "official" wiki now.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
Is group content a thing before having like 70 in everything?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Finally signed in again after 1001 days. My account is 6096 days old :psyduck:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
If I've played RS3 do I have to make a fresh character for OsRs or is it forked from my character back then or what?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just signed in with my main rs3 account and it created a new osrs character with the same name.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I just signed in with my main rs3 account and it created a new osrs character with the same name.

Ah okay thanks!

I might just wait for RS3 mobile to be fully released.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
We'll only have to wait a very long time, worth it

I just piled back onto RS3 earlier this month and completed a few longstanding goals- Priff access & 99 ranged were the big ones. Scraped & saved & killed a bunch of QBDs and managed to buy myself a nox bow to celebrate. Been a long time coming

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

General Olloth posted:

If I've played RS3 do I have to make a fresh character for OsRs or is it forked from my character back then or what?

When they made OSRS they forced it so that noone's data carried over from the 2007 backups they had for two reasons:
1) They weren't quite sure everyone's player data was intact
2) They weren't sure they were going to keep it around anyway and it would have been data from a time when there was still a shitload of hacked/stolen stuff in people's inventories, so they figured they might as well kneecap attempts for people to pull some temporary profits out of that stuff

So everyone got a clean start then and still gets the clean start now.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I was offered a free week trial so I took it. Does that membership apply to both old school and RS3?

edit: I stopped being a lazy rear end and just checked myself. Looks like it does

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
OSRS is exactly as I remember it; it's a lot of fun to relive my 10-year-old self's passion

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

loudog999 posted:

I was offered a free week trial so I took it. Does that membership apply to both old school and RS3?

edit: I stopped being a lazy rear end and just checked myself. Looks like it does

Just keep in mind, and I know this is true for iOS, that accepting the free week trial signs you up for a membership that will charge you after the 7 days if you don't cancel it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

ukrainius maximus posted:

Just keep in mind, and I know this is true for iOS, that accepting the free week trial signs you up for a membership that will charge you after the 7 days if you don't cancel it.

I knew that signing up but had forgotten to cancel, thanks for the reminder. Fortunately, iOS makes it really easy to cancel subscriptions so it's done now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Killed my first Araxxi tonight! No practice runs or deaths, just went for it and sheer dumb lucked & oversupplied my way through it.

Highlights:
- not even changing my ability bar to my ranged set-up so I did about 23k damage raw with a nox bow before I figured that out
- hitting just about every direction during the light path charge and still somehow nailing it in two wallhits
- defence skillcape sign of life was triggered on a hectic phase 4 in which I had literally no idea what was going on, just kept hitting thresholds and the spider bitch died
- I ate at LEAST four cleaves to the face. Managed to duck out on three? others

Can only get better from here, right?

edit - in hindsight, a highlight was the complete lack of using whatever the t95 ranged prayer is. Oops

edit2- highlight: the scrimshaw of cruelty sitting in my bank that I bought for this

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Well I guess I'm done with the game. I just tried to log into old school on my android tablet and got a message that my account was disabled. Went to the website and it said I was permanently banned for Macroing Major and that it is not appealable. I'm not even sure what that is. I've only logged I to old school a couple of times on iPhones and tablets and logged into R3 for maybe ten minutes to see if the free membership trail carried over.