Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
POE on console was alright, but I definitely enjoy it more on PC. There's a lot of poo poo that requires aiming in a way that just isn't very easy to do on a controller and also the way you pick up items and manage inventory is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Currency management on console seems like it'd be a special kind of hell.

So what's a cool and good ranged starter build with high clear speed these days? All my previous starts have been totems/summoners or tanky melee and I want to do something new this time.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Cynic Jester posted:

Currency management on console seems like it'd be a special kind of hell.

So what's a cool and good ranged starter build with high clear speed these days? All my previous starts have been totems/summoners or tanky melee and I want to do something new this time.

rain of arrows fucks

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

PoE's story consists of you cleaning up the mess made by two different dudes, by murderhoboing everything that stands in your way. Including one of the dudes but not the other one, since that one meant well when he created the opportunity for the other dude to gently caress poo poo up colossally.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PoE's story is a lot easier to grasp if you've watched all of :lost:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Infected posted:

PoE's story consists of you cleaning up the mess made by two different dudes, by murderhoboing everything that stands in your way. Including one of the dudes but not the other one, since that one meant well when he created the opportunity for the other dude to gently caress poo poo up colossally.

You kill the other one's brother, wife and daughter though. Probably his mom too eventually

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And his fuckbuddy the spider. Because for some reason everyone hosed the spider, or wants to gently caress the spider. :iiam:

But overall he's pretty chill about the whole murdering of his kind.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think im going to be playing this again

god drat it

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

PoE's story is a lot easier to grasp if you've watched all of :lost:

That show poisoned television. No longer do they have to bother to try and write something good when they can just shove as many mysterious things into a show. (that will probably never be satisfyingly answered/explored) AAHHHHHHhhh.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the Dark Souls of tv shows

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
They showed a bunch of delve mechanics in the PS4 video. I wonder if its just that the beta test was in delve league or if it's a hint that they are making delve core?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BadMedic posted:

They showed a bunch of delve mechanics in the PS4 video. I wonder if its just that the beta test was in delve league or if it's a hint that they are making delve core?

Do they often discuss which leagues they plan to make core? Incursion looks really cool from video I've seen and I'm sad it's not core. :(

Also Harbinger, Harbinger looks dope as gently caress.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lightning Knight posted:

Do they often discuss which leagues they plan to make core? Incursion looks really cool from video I've seen and I'm sad it's not core. :(

Also Harbinger, Harbinger looks dope as gently caress.

Yes. Incursion will be core soon. Harbinger is currently accessible from a level 8 Zana (i.e. inaccessible to most people) or randomly as a mission.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 6, 2018

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Harbinger is accessible through Zana dailies.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

whypick1 posted:

Yes. Incursion will be core eventually, they're working on how to roll that in exactly. Harbinger is currently accessible from a level 8 Zana (i.e. inaccessible to most people).

Oh poo poo really? I guess I should actually play more, I've been pretty busy recently and I keep getting distracted every time I see a build video and starting new characters. :shobon:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just buy a beachhead map. there, you have experienced all the good parts of harbinger league.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

harbinger was a bit boring sometimes but the orbs were good as hell

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Harbinger was my first league and I really appreciated being able to see the whole Atlas on my first character ever. Then I was shocked to learn in Abyss that maps are supposed to cost money.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They baked the best part of the Harbinger currency (Horizon Orbs) in Shaper Strongholds, too. So no matter what you can now always have access to Horizon Orbs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Duck and Cover posted:

That show poisoned television. No longer do they have to bother to try and write something good when they can just shove as many mysterious things into a show. (that will probably never be satisfyingly answered/explored) AAHHHHHHhhh.
It's spread to movie franchises.

But mostly I was making a joke about two immortal brothers battling against each other and time travelling back to ancient ruins.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

It's spread to movie franchises.

But mostly I was making a joke about two immortal brothers battling against each other and time travelling back to ancient ruins.

I recently started watching Lost and I've only finished two seasons so far. I feel like I'm in for some really weird poo poo judging by these posts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lost is real bad

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

TheRat posted:

I recently started watching Lost and I've only finished two seasons so far. I feel like I'm in for some really weird poo poo judging by these posts.

Quit now. It only gets worse, and the ending is the wettest fart in the history of flatulence.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the GDN discord bot is broke and the people in the OP aren't online / don't exist? Whats a good way for me to get an invite

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lost is mostly just throwing spaghetti at a wall while personal dramas play out until the fourth season at which point the wall starts tilting due to the weight of the spaghetti and then eventually the house collapses.

I personally loved the way it slowly went from industry darling to a show that was full loving bananas once almost everybody had stopped tuning in. Like if the Walking Dead were now giving screen time to revealing that the zombies were all being personally converted by an alcoholic necromancer trying to reverse time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

eonwe posted:

Looks like the GDN discord bot is broke and the people in the OP aren't online / don't exist? Whats a good way for me to get an invite

Post your character name and I will put you on my list and invite you as soon as sky clears some room!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 3, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Holy poo poo the game just crashed so hard for me that Steam thought I uninstalled it when I restarted my computer. :psyduck:

I just want to play the game, POE pls.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it will probably look like its redownloading the whole thing but will really just be scanning your folder

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Awesome! posted:

it will probably look like its redownloading the whole thing but will really just be scanning your folder

Yeah that's what it did. It keeps crashing when I try to actually load into the game, as in when I've chosen a character and it's loading the actual game world. I dunno what's wrong.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that has happened to me before, but it just sorta cleared itself up after I got pissed off and went to bed

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Already gone over incessantly, but I have to add something.

Polo-Rican posted:

• maybe I'm a weirdo but I loving love the skill tree!! Having tons of fun exploring the tree and looking for clusters of upgrades to work towards. This part of the game in particular is the polar opposite of the d3 design ethos that drove me crazy.

This is the vital part to understanding the passive tree. Once you know what your build is supposed to do, search the tree with keywords to find the clusters you want, and find the most optimal paths to connect them. That's the heart and soul of the passive tree.

One common tip is to take more life than you think you need, then take a little more. Most of it will come in +percent Life nodes, which enhances the flat life gains you find on your equipment. Having around +180% Life from your tree is probably good. Something like the programs "Path of Building" will help in plotting out your tree.

quote:

• I'm starting with the default campaign and it's kind of a bummer that there's basically no story at all. What exactly am I supposed to be doing besides just walking aimlessly around this world? They could at the very least give you the name of an epic monster to slay, or some sort of epic artifact to seek out.

Most of the others have gone over the story, but starting out you are basically just wandering around. You've been exiled for various crimes from the empire situated on an island off the coast of Wraeclast. They shipped you off to the shore, kicked your sorry rear end off the boat, and left you stranded in Fantasy Australia. Much like the real life Australia, everything that exists in Wraeclast is meant to kill you, and the only hope of survival is for the exiles to band together. Since this is an ARPG, that means you get to do everyone's work. The pieces of lore scattered around are the stories of at least three different groups of people who tried to make a living on Wraeclast, managed to gently caress something up, and got hosed in return.

Act 1 is you trying to find a way inland where it's supposed to be better than the barren coast, Act 2 is finding out the regime that exiled you is interested in something found in Wraeclast, Act 3 has you dealing with that empire, and Act 4 lets you find out what those idiots were looking for. Act 5 has you going back to the imperial homeland for reasons I'm not really sure of, but the main campaign firms up at this point and I'll just let the story speak for itself from there.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m excited to pick this up on the PS4 next month.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Any word on a mobile version yet? I really want to kill demons on the toilet with my family.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kevos Setzer posted:

Act 1 is you trying to find a way inland where it's supposed to be better than the barren coast, Act 2 is finding out the regime that exiled you is interested in something found in Wraeclast, Act 3 has you dealing with that empire, and Act 4 lets you find out what those idiots were looking for. Act 5 has you going back to the imperial homeland for reasons I'm not really sure of, but the main campaign firms up at this point and I'll just let the story speak for itself from there.

In Act 3 or 4 Im 70% sure you murder the emporor of your lovely home that exiled you. At the tail end of Act 4 they direct you to a closet shaped door that leads to the SnoZone holding a teleporter. Act 5!

The teleporter zaps you to jail in Megacity1. Luckily, it is in full riot mode. So you murder cops until you murder the top cop in cop HQ. The god of police emerges from top cop's corpse and you kill him too. His brother, admin of DaShareZone, tells you who to murder from then on.

Then notDiablo, god of all you can eat buffets, kicks your rear end so hard you get -30% resistance. Acts 6-10 is focused on getting revenge for your res cap. In the end, revenge was not the answer as you lose 30% more resistance.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I should try reading posts before replying

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lost season 2 is some of the best television ever made. Seasons 4 and 6 are bad, and the rest is good.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Never

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

His brother, admin of DaShareZone, tells you who to murder from then on.

This really changes the story for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Fister Roboto posted:

This really changes the story for me.

For the better, I hope.

I know the mechanics of how you go back to Oriath. I just don't know the why. There's not even a "Some rear end in a top hat just proclaimed himself King poo poo of poo poo Mountain. Go show him what happened to the last guy to claim that title." It's just "Here's the door back. Go, go, go!"