Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Svensken posted:

DD also shows how easily you can fall under Fisk's manipulations, and how each concession just makes it worse.

Meanwhile Arrow just tells you how awesome Diaz is.

Yeah, this. They're good about giving us a few different characters for Kingpin to manipulate differently, demonstrating the range of his power.

And if those examples are good enough we're more likely to buy into the large scale "Kingpin owns literally everyone literally everywhere" plot machinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I was hoping Felicity was going to go off the rails and somehow become the next tech wiz vigilante but nope, just FBI bullshit.

I still say the best payoff for this would be commuting Oliver’s sentence in exchange for working for Task Force X. I guess Lyla scuttled that project because she got sick of listening to Harley?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Remember when the President gave Green Arrow a medal for helping to stop an alien invasion ? Me neither.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

Remember when the President gave Green Arrow a medal for helping to stop an alien invasion ? Me neither.

Wasn't that in the Supergirl universe?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

Wasn't that in the Supergirl universe?

No, it was Earth-1, but the medals were top secret.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Lotta top secret medals in this universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Huh. I remember something about the president being revealed as an alien to the audience? Maybe that was just a regular Supergirl episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Huh. I remember something about the president being revealed as an alien to the audience? Maybe that was just a regular Supergirl episode.

Yeah. That was Supergirl. The President of Earth-1 flip flops between Lynda Carter knock off and Donald Trump depending on the writer or the situation. DC’s universe has never been consistent when it comes to politics, so why expect any different in its TV incarnation?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Yeah. That was Supergirl. The President of Earth-1 flip flops between Lynda Carter knock off and Donald Trump depending on the writer or the situation. DC’s universe has never been consistent when it comes to politics, so why expect any different in its TV incarnation?

I'm pretty sure Supergirl's President has been consistent since season 2 began.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We are shown Fisk manipulating people, and getting them in his pocket. We are told that Diaz is amazing and powerful and the bestest guy ever, and eveyone is always in awe of him, because that's what the script says.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Episode was good but everything with Felicity and Diaz was insufferable.

"John you have to go after the longbow hunters so we can get to Diaz"
"I'm going after the longbow hunters for another primary goal (but anyone with a brain can work out that does not exclude also using them to get to Diaz)"
*crytalk* "gently caress you, I'm just going to do my own thing"

Clearly Diaz is a meta who's power is to get inside the heads of anyone pointing a weapon at him and make them not shoot.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Diggle: 'We see the train we need to be on.'

Me: I wonder how they're going to get on this moving train from this hill?

Diggle: 'We are on the train now.'

Me: Oh, ok. No Captain America style stunts, just jump cut teleportation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I like how Shield Longbow Hunter's shield is like the side of a pie plate, nots not like the Argus guys couldn't shoot at his legs or lower body.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I really can't tell, are we supposed to think Felicity is being completely unhinged and unreasonable?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I really can't tell, are we supposed to think Felicity is being completely unhinged and unreasonable?

How is that not the default state when it comes to Felicity? :confused:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The silencer is a fairly new character to fold in, not that I'm complaining. Of course they did modify her into
a non meta

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If Brick's game was to get Oliver locked away forever and ever he's doing a drat good job

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Goddamn Oliver. Breaking both of his arms is just vicious. But goddamn it rene too

Edit: that was cold felicity. I was wrong.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 30, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is Felicity's super villain origin story

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Did Diaz just get himself some mirakuru? Goddammit. Stop trying to make Slade happen. He's not Slade.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like by the end of the season you'll be able to make a supercut of all the Oliver parts and the everything else parts to make a good season and a bad season.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well this episode had everything I was looking for:
-Oliver prison fighting
-Fighting in a lab
-Diggle & his distrust of his wife
-More prison fighting

And that's pretty much it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So did this show move to a later timeslot or something? Because the fights this season seem far more visceral and gory than anything I've ever seen in this show before I'm pretty sure. That prison fight club scene and Oliver attacking the guards afterwards felt like something almost out of Daredevil.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Arrow turned into Oz so gradually I hardly noticed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Laterite posted:

Arrow turned into Oz so gradually I hardly noticed.

The opening monologue ends with "I am no longer a hero, I am Inmate 4587" instead of "I am the Green Arrow". I'm kinda surprised I only noticed that this week.

I really enjoy the Silencer fights and how they just kill all sound except for an occasional dull thud or whine. Works great in a montage fight like this week's where it then cuts to the folks in the lab and the music kicks in along with all the noise.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Fight scenes and prison stuff is great so far this season. Could not care less about Diaz and his nonsense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So Team Crytalk whiffing catching Diaz at the CDC was intentional and just part of Felicity’s scheme to gently caress over and ruin Agent Resting Bitchface’s career in revenge for sending Ollie to the Kline, right? Because if so, then drat that might actually make me like Felicity again...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

So did this show move to a later timeslot or something? Because the fights this season seem far more visceral and gory than anything I've ever seen in this show before I'm pretty sure. That prison fight club scene and Oliver attacking the guards afterwards felt like something almost out of Daredevil.

There was a bit of a producer shuffle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ollie's gonna end up chasing the Demon to Level 1 and he's gonna find out that he's the Demon

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So what are the chances that the 'demon' is connected to the Al'Ghul family?

Also was that supposed to be Mirakuru that Diaz injected himself with? I don't know how I feel about them dipping back into that well.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Demon is going to be Merlyn. Calling it now.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The Demon is obviously Ollie's puppy dog prison friend, right? I mean like...obviously?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

So Team Crytalk whiffing catching Diaz at the CDC was intentional and just part of Felicity’s scheme to gently caress over and ruin Agent Resting Bitchface’s career in revenge for sending Ollie to the Kline, right? Because if so, then drat that might actually make me like Felicity again...

I doubt their plan was to let Diaz escape, Felicity isn't enough of a strategic thinker for that, but keeping Agent Whatshername in the dark about capturing Silencer totally was.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Gotta be honest, I was hoping Diaz was going to inject himself with some kind of fire-breathing serum.

But no, it's just boring super-strength or whatever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I doubt their plan was to let Diaz escape, Felicity isn't enough of a strategic thinker for that, but keeping Agent Whatshername in the dark about capturing Silencer totally was.

Yeah, the last part was clear in the episode, I was just wondering if it was deeper than than. Guess it wasn’t shame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

So what are the chances that the 'demon' is connected to the Al'Ghul family?

Also was that supposed to be Mirakuru that Diaz injected himself with? I don't know how I feel about them dipping back into that well.

Well there's also a DC character that is just called "The Demon". Although probably not him because he's, you know, an actual demon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a picture of the Monitor out there for the crossover. For some reason when i try to upload it to Imgur it gives me an error.

EDIT: Looks like If i upload it directly from url it works

Spoilered just in case.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's the CDC, that's the government, no getting in there.

Hi, FBi we're working late, no need to check these guys, wheres the server room and bio labs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
FBI : HANDS UP!
Diaz : Nope
FBI: Um...okay

Ugh Just shoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose