Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Tubgoat posted:

The McRib is delicious albeit terrible.

You spend literally your entire lifetime on this planet working for someone else's benefit under threat of agonising death unless you luck into unassailable privilege and/or are a ruthless enough fucker to continuously exploit everyone you know. Seems like a similar outcome.

Under feudalism you swear service to your liege lord and in return he, a good Christian, will protect you. Under capitalism you only have what you own, there is no loyalty, no chivalry, no recourse, no god above to help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Under feudalism you swear service to your liege lord and in return he, a good Christian, will protect you. Under capitalism you only have what you own, there is no loyalty, no chivalry, no recourse, no god above to help you.

Romanticise feudalism all you want, there was no such thing as honor, the incentive/disincentive system was nearly identical in that the powerful were only loyal to their servants to the extent the servants were useful. Otherwise, "God" could tell the rulers to dispose of their servants whenever.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think the McRib is a horrible symptom of capitalism, but also, it's good. Or not good but it hits the spot.

Double processed astronaut pork anus meat, rehydrated and pressed into a shape that resembles ribs? Shouldn't be good. But it is.

That's just kind of McDonald's in general. The cheapest garbage food they could find pressed into something vaguely food shaped and simultaneously the best and worst thing you've eaten.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Tubgoat posted:

Romanticise feudalism all you want, there was no such thing as honor, the incentive/disincentive system was nearly identical in that the powerful were only loyal to their servants to the extent the servants were useful. Otherwise, "God" could tell the rulers to dispose of their servants whenever.

To explain it, I am casting a scathing judgement upon capitalism, not defending feudalism as it was practiced in the real world.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Gotcha.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's just kind of McDonald's in general. The cheapest garbage food they could find pressed into something vaguely food shaped and simultaneously the best and worst thing you've eaten.

if you've never eaten real food.

like the Mc rib isn't good at all and a mcdonalds burger is firmly in the OK category, like i'm not one of those people that act like any fast food will destroy my body and send me to the shitter for a month but i would never describe mcdonalds as the best thing i've ever eaten

Elfgames has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Nov 4, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elfgames posted:

if you've never eaten real food.

like the Mc rib isn't good at all and a mcdonalds burger is firmly in the OK category, like i'm not one of those people that act like any fast food will destroy my body and send me to the shitter for a month but i would never describe mcdonalds as the best thing i've ever eaten

Depends on how you mean “best”, like objectively no but being like a starving drunk 19 year old and gorging myself on mcchickens or pizza hut certainly SEEMED amazing.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
If a 1am drunk and high fast food meal isn't the best food you've ever eaten, then you have not been drunk or high enough. I once ate a Arby's roast beef 'n cheddar that made me weep with happiness because the tequila 'n cannabis said to.

I will also defend chains like Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings under the same rules. Get lovely, eat poo poo. It's fun.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

fizzymercy posted:

If a 1am drunk and high fast food meal isn't the best food you've ever eaten, then you have not been drunk or high enough. I once ate a Arby's roast beef 'n cheddar that made me weep with happiness because the tequila 'n cannabis said to.

I will also defend chains like Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings under the same rules. Get lovely, eat poo poo. It's fun.

sorry my best drunk meal was a roadside grilled chicken breast with red wine BBQ sauce i ate that fucker bones and all

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arby's is really tasty, I don't care if it's fast food or whatever, I actually love me some roast beef and cheddar or ham and swiss or their chicken cordon bleu or their smoked brisket, I could probly keep going.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
You're all wrong.
The best drunk food is Waffle House.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Famous Daves BBQ tacos (brisket variant)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Actually, life, is good :)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
guacamole is garbage, i hate it

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

spit on my clit posted:

I agree but i also love hummous

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

CrRoMa posted:

I agree but i also love hummous

Hummous is just sad bean paste.

Tapenade is where it's at.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What a series of loving horrible opinions

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I love all those things. And I love myself more than you all love yourselves.

Making me the victor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Avocado toast is bad. I want some guacamole toast.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I ordered some "fried avocado" tacos once, expecting a falafel-type fried ball of guacamole, but it was just a fried slice of avocado. It sucked.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

spit on my clit posted:

You insult me, my culture, and my entire family. How dare you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Olives and everything olive related, with the exception of oil, is terrible and you should be ashamed of eating/enjoying them. They're like angry disappointment grapes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Solice Kirsk posted:

Olives and everything olive related, with the exception of oil, is terrible and you should be ashamed of eating/enjoying them. They're like angry disappointment grapes.

I thought I was the only one. They smell bad, they look bad, I just don't get it. The oil is fine but even that kind of smells bad and I'd rather just use canola oil (or butter) to grease a pan.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Falafel isn't nearly as popular as it deserves to be. That poo poo is freaking good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Society (1989) should be much more well known than it is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And I thought myself tolerating McDonald’s was bad

Jesus christ yall

“I will stand in defence of chicken wings but EEEEURRRRGH, olives, guac, and hummus”

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
In fairness, the key scent and flavor note in most commercially-prepared guacamole is slightly rotten avocado, it's goddamn shameful. Chipotle has a great recipe for it that you can adjust the components of to suit your specific tastes.

Avocado
Jalapeno
Onion
Cliantro
Lime juice
Salt

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idk what’s more shameful, purchasing guacamole at a store or needing a recipe for it or invoking loving chipotle

Smash up avocado
Smash onion during
Smash some peppers according to taste
Smash garlic according to taste
Add lemon/lime/orange juice to taste
Smash herbs to taste
Spice to taste
Literally just smash stuff in a bowl, it is not hard, you don’t even need a blender, do not buy it in a store

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Nov 5, 2018

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Chipotle's recipe is a good stock variant that can be tweaked to taste, but I can't control what people buy from the store, all I can do is beg them to buy actual ingredients and to let me whip some up. :shrug: I do love adding entirely too much garlic to everything. :yum:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

gently caress Chipotle for putting red onions into the guac. Tastes and smells revolting because of that. Always use white or yellow onion.

And yeah jesus gently caress do not buy pre-made guac at the grocery store.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Counterpoint: I really like red onion over the other varieties, actually.

Bonus unpopular opinion:
"Natural" peanut butter is bomb as gently caress with a little bit of honey and two drops of novelty hot sauce mixed into it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

Counterpoint: I really like red onion over the other varieties, actually.

Yeah each onion is good for its own stuff

Red does not go in guac, perhaps this is what led you wrong.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Bonus unpopular opinion:
"Natural" peanut butter is bomb as gently caress with a little bit of honey and two drops of novelty hot sauce mixed into it.

I'm gonna try this. And if it's half as good as it sounds I'll be mailing you an engagement ring.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'd even just take a forums upgrade. If using on egg sandwich, I recommend blotting the egg off with a pair of napkins in order to improve the texture. I did and I believe it did.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Red does not go in guac, perhaps this is what led you wrong.

I mean I like it in guac. :shrug: I will try a different variety next time, though.

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Nov 6, 2018

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I truly believe everyone who posts in this thread is trolling. Except me, of course.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Idk what’s more shameful, purchasing guacamole at a store or needing a recipe for it or invoking loving chipotle

Smash up avocado
Smash onion during
Smash some peppers according to taste
Smash garlic according to taste
Add lemon/lime/orange juice to taste
Smash herbs to taste
Spice to taste
Literally just smash stuff in a bowl, it is not hard, you don’t even need a blender, do not buy it in a store

Orange juice?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fruit BOO!ts posted:

Orange juice?

I wouldn't put it in nana ho's official guac cookbook, but I've seen it and it's better than store bought stuff that apparently uses rotten avocado as the secret ingredient.

E: the kind you get from squeezing an orange not the kind that's in a grocery store in a two liter.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Strategic Tea posted:

Actually, life, is good :)
:allears: Same

Yardbomb posted:

Arby's is really tasty, I don't care if it's fast food or whatever, I actually love me some roast beef and cheddar or ham and swiss or their chicken cordon bleu or their smoked brisket, I could probly keep going.

:hfive: And their french dip isn't bad either. Unpopular opinion: I also really enjoy Arby's advertising. It is genuinely humorous to me. And since they've hired Jon Benjamin, it's even better.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I buy store bought guac all the time. But I live near like 1,000,0000,0000000 Mexican mercados so it's not really the "bad stuff"

I also buy "7-layer dip" from Vons and eat the poo poo up. I love me some white people food. It's so fuckin weird, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
H. Jon Benjamin should have a voice in every production from here to eterrnity.