Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That wrapped around to being one of the best episodes of TWD. They just don't give a poo poo. They've gone full Fyre Fest. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

That’s weird, the mostly-confirmed rumor was that she’d be leaving in the mid-season finale, episode 8. I guess something changed during production.

moist turtleneck posted:

Hoooly poo poo that's a bad music choice for when they pick up Rick

Almost as bad as when they ended the pilot episode with it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I want to be in the room when they pitched the fake out at the end

"So we established all episode long Rick hallucinates"
"yep"
"and he's suddenly miraculously rescued by everyone"
"yep"
"and you think the viewers won't just like ... groan?"
"not OUR viewers"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Khablam posted:

I want to be in the room when they pitched the fake out at the end

"So we established all episode long Rick hallucinates"
"yep"
"and he's suddenly miraculously rescued by everyone"
"yep"
"and you think the viewers won't just like ... groan?"
"not OUR viewers"

I mean judging by Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and basically every other group of people outside of SA this is pretty much what happened. Lots of news sites have been falling all over themselves to praise the show this season and last night’s episode was no exception.

People like badly-written trash.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

lol did both Herschel and Rick forget the rest of herschels family that died at Rick's hands

Hey, Otis, Patricia and Jimmy were just friends of the family.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 6, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh drat I guess Shawn was just a stepson

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
ohhh guess he had way more kids in the comics oops

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

tweet my meat posted:

Missed the end, did T-Dog walk ol' ricky into the sunset hand in hand?

RIP T-Dog

too bad Rick and Tyreese didnt have the friendship they did in the comic

one of my favorite things in the comics is Sasha and her boyfriend committing suicide but the boyfriend messing it up and Tyreese finishing the job

TWD tragically under uses black actors

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean judging by Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and basically every other group of people outside of SA this is pretty much what happened. Lots of news sites have been falling all over themselves to praise the show this season and last night’s episode was no exception.

Reddit is a hugbox and a net stain on human discourse, with other social media not far behind. Among critics this is one of the most hated shows on television, which is remarkable, because most TV critics do nothing but paid advertising for TV shows. It does remain the most watched basic cable TV show, which is like being king of poo poo mountain, even after losing millions upon millions of viewers and going down to s1 viewership levels.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Ah6T3oT.gifv

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I am 100% certain the first Rick film will have him in a parental sort of role over a young orphan or two. It's a reason why he couldn't search for his old family; he can't leave his new one.

Also, I just realized the connection between Anne and Gabriel. Both are in service of a higher power. A priest is obvious, but she was working for an advanced, helicopter-having organization.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/52G6XuN.gifv

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:lol:

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

I wouldn’t mind having the flaming bridge walkers on a continuous loop.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/cRYVvCP.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/PVkxOiW.gifv

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I swear, watching this and seeing Rick get away, I thought they were deliberately gonna fake out and keep Rick along, just because the idea of announcing that a character is going to die is the same kind of stupidity as the S6 finale, even without that stupid cliffhanger. It's about as legit as an episode of Survivor, there's no tension or reason to give a poo poo if you know somebody's gonna die, it's just sitting around for the WWE equivalent of drama. So I thought the writers were basically flipping the bird to AMC's marketing team and that in the timeskip, Rick was gonna make it back somehow for the rest of the season and that was the real plot twist. I was honestly excited.

Nope, it's just more cash cow bullshit from Gimple who now wants to make a dumb TWD movie trilogy. For gently caress's sakes, that's about as legit as the whole Avatar franchise, which was dumb enough even in the beginning, but after it was done in theaters, James Cameron says he wants to do a whole multi-film trilogy which given the excess of the original film, is tacky as can be.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

https://tv.avclub.com/rick-grimes-deserved-a-better-sendoff-than-the-walking-1830211946

I'm glad in a sea of bland paid advertising critics on Fake News Networks that some in the media are willing to give it to AMC's bad shows.

I'm just upset we never got to see a scene of that house meeting with Negan in the jail cell, or the horse whispering to Rick right before leaving "I am Negan".

Speaking of Negan, can anyone get me a gif of bitch Negan breaking down in jail? I'm really hoping that was a ploy to get something off Maggie or because he knew it was the only way The Widow would keep him alive.

Good allusion to Saddam though, I need to find a screen cap for who wore it best:

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 6, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick is going to find a young man named Karl to take as his new son.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Need a gif of the horses just chilling with zombies walking within feet of them in the scene preceding this one please.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Why does that hat magically fit her head?

Why is that hat so loving clean?

Why does she act like she just looked down and found a new loving hat?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The funniest thing to me is that they are going so hard into expanding into TV movies, "different way to tell stories", etc. etc. when the audience has cratered, and I imagine is going to get even worse with the fakeout Rick death and nothing really interesting to say anymore.

Is there really a mass audience to watch 3 movies focused on Rick and whatever absurd reason kept him away from his child for 6 years? Doing anthology stories and different takes/styles/whatever on the zombie apocalypse on TV with a decent budget is a good idea but they've squandered any momentum and goodwill they had with this brand years ago. I would not trust Gimple with any sort of universe building.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shitenshi posted:

Nope, it's just more cash cow bullshit from Gimple who now wants to make a dumb TWD movie trilogy. For gently caress's sakes, that's about as legit as the whole Avatar franchise, which was dumb enough even in the beginning, but after it was done in theaters, James Cameron says he wants to do a whole multi-film trilogy which given the excess of the original film, is tacky as can be.

I will defend Gimple on this one, as I think it was less "let's make a bunch of movies and put Rick in them to make them big" as it was "Andrew Lincoln is sick of spending 1/4 of the year away from his family in GA, how can we keep him connected to the franchise?" Selling Lincoln on "hey, we'll do movies, it'll be like 3 weeks of filming" was probably pretty easy. He even said he wanted out last season. And for TWD, it's a great move because they can keep the show going without the lead but still have the lead. It'd be like if Travis Fimmel came back and did a bunch of "Ragnar in Exile" movies chronicling what he did when he was gone for 10 years that they could air alongside current Vikings episodes.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Astroman posted:

I will defend Gimple

You sonnuva...

EDIT:

Yeah, so how exactly did Rick get thrown into the river? Or did he just blow up the bridge and then walk to the beach on his own?

This is some Van Flip Physics right here.

EDIT 2:

Also, again, you can see that the bridge is pretty crispy all the way to where Rick was standing, but he somehow wasn't obliterated by the blast? I guess he was so close to death the learned the teleport ability that the zombies have.

EDIT 3:

Did Rick hold his fingers to his forehead and teleport like Goku?

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 6, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Judith merking zombies with Rick's look a like .357 from 40 meters, was the most realistic thing in the whole episode.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

After everyone's done analyzing Judith's cartoonish appearance - on screen right, a woman quickly runs through the woods up to Judith. A man catches up to the woman, steps around her, puts her arm around his neck, then lets go of her arm. WTF is going on?! It's so weird.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Feenix posted:

Well, its been like 6 years. I'm sure its not the first time she put on that hat. Like maybe someone fitted it for her?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

esperterra posted:

I guess now she's taking Carl's comic place but will be lame ??

I cannot loving wait for chuds to cry their eyes out over a GIRL replacing Carl in the storyline lol

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real Chick Grimes.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

I watched The Haunting of Hill House this week and the kid actors were amazing in it and then you get something like this... I don't want to sh*t on the performance of a little kid and maybe she can do better than this but this whole scene felt like some fan film, the delivery was just bad.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
chill horses
https://i.imgur.com/9ZpOHKJ.gifv

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LinkesAuge posted:

I watched The Haunting of Hill House this week and the kid actors were amazing in it and then you get something like this... I don't want to sh*t on the performance of a little kid and maybe she can do better than this but this whole scene felt like some fan film, the delivery was just bad.

I guarantee that delivery was exactly as directed

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LinkesAuge posted:

This was my thought too. You had plenty of time to find a proper kid actor. There's a ton out there. And that's what you get? I mean poo poo with a 6 year time jump just cheat a little bit and skew older so the pool is wider.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ahhh i knew i recognized one of the new people right at the end of the episode, it's Luna from The 100. drat, they're just poaching all the actors from that show, huh.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LinkesAuge posted:

I think it's pretty hard to judge her on this. She had like 2 lines and its an incredibly poorly written scene all around that even a top tier actor couldn't save.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah the new group at the end: I'm glad that they had time to wash their clothes and style their hair before they stopped their horse trailer and fought a pack of zombos for some reason

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh yeah the new group at the end: I'm glad that they had time to wash their clothes and style their hair before they stopped their horse trailer and fought a pack of zombos for some reason

lmao yeah Luna has some pretty nice highlights in her hair 8 years into the apocalypse, nice catch

Big Mean Jerk posted:

this still blows my loving mind. people legit think this is good storytelling, and post about how it makes them cry and blahblahblah.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If they had actually given Rick a grisly end, impaled and feasted on alive by zombies, I'd have given them props. THAT would be... not good writing but it'd be something.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If they had actually given Rick a grisly end, impaled and feasted on alive by zombies, I'd have given them props. THAT would be... not good writing but it'd be something.

The ending he got was clumsily executed, but fine..he went out on his own terms, sacrificing himself for his people. That's 100 percent Rick.

The poo poo part was living through it and being mysteriously whisked away. Which BTW was a sequence they could have and should have saved for the first of the movies so as not to undercut their farewell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I love the work you do. Keep being awesome.