Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

aliens are already well aware of our existence, and theyve explored our world and our collective consciousness via the astral realm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

S-S-S-S-SMOKIN'

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shageletic posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK

I live a few blocks away from LIC

Traffic is already bad and it's already to expensive to live there lol

This is the worst piece of news I've heard in a while

Goondolences. My wife works in Crystal City and we live maybe a mile and a half away. Sucks. Never buying a house around here now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

got any sevens posted:

Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate.

id wanna be a highlander cos you can wear sickass trenchcoats and if anyone is like why you wearin that dorky trenchcoat its summer you just say im a fuckin highlander

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

do not cross a picket line in front of the goddamn method man or he'll sew your rear end in a top hat closed and keep feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you

go on...

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shirts and skins posted:

Goondolences. My wife works in Crystal City and we live maybe a mile and a half away. Sucks. Never buying a house around here now.

move to baltimore

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

actually, vampires are alive and severely autistic

poor vlad, thought of squares and died

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why isn't cuck schoomer on the list

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

aliens are already well aware of our existence, and theyve explored our world and our collective consciousness via the astral realm

i cant remember the game but there was an old PC game where one of the races was earth's closest neighbor and it turned out they had been trying to communicate with us telepathically for thousands of years and thats the actual reason people had dreams

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

election happen yet>?

yea

hllary clinton is finlaly president

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

shirts and skins posted:

i was listening to npr (like an idiot) on my way home from work tonight and someone was guessing it was going to be crystal city because bezos owns the post and owns some big fuckoff mansion in the area. my condolences

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Plinkey posted:

move to baltimore

Prob gonna move to Maryland eventually yeah

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they should do a cyberpunk reboot of highlander where D@nc@n McLeet gets his synapses fried by B.L.A.C.K. ICE and wakes up in the morgue with a monofilament katana and then the kurgan smashes through a wall and hes a chromed up punchboi so d@nc@n (ok im not married to that name we can talk about that) has to find his linguistic kill switch by hacking his gmail accoutn and readin all his spam

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

amazing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

i was listening to npr (like an idiot) on my way home from work tonight and someone was guessing it was going to be crystal city because bezos owns the post and owns some big fuckoff mansion in the area. my condolences

supposedly the most expensive residential property in the DC area

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

NYT says Long Island City and Crystal City in Arlington VA

lmao if amazon comes to crystal city. it’s already an I inflated housing price soulless Beltway bandit haven as is.

source: lived right by the Costco there for two years would not do again

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

feelings on the eve of the election

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
god drat aliens stop giving me wet dreams!!!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

we really don't even qualify as a democracy

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

NYT says Long Island City and Crystal City in Arlington VA

oh thank god. i mean for me. sorry to people in those places

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eat This Glob posted:

We've known for a while, not exactly a secret.

At least DC and NYC are big enough to absorb this poo poo better than Seattle. That HQ has totally repaved downtown, it's insane.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

if this https://www.twitch.tv/telethonforamerica thing is all the dems have up their sleeve we are utterly hosed forever

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhEyel2sw_I

wu tang is for the children

PoopOnaShoe
Apr 14, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

:catdrugs:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

they should do a cyberpunk reboot of highlander where D@nc@n McLeet gets his synapses fried by B.L.A.C.K. ICE and wakes up in the morgue with a monofilament katana and then the kurgan smashes through a wall and hes a chromed up punchboi so d@nc@n (ok im not married to that name we can talk about that) has to find his linguistic kill switch by hacking his gmail accoutn and readin all his spam

that was highlander 2 and is was baaaaaaaad

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

:hai:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

trump is gonna spend all of election day watching tv

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1059631076472164352

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How bout instead of letting beezos have two headquarters instead we take all of his money

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Plinkey posted:

move to baltimore

... Glans??

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

this entire country is the "Rock, Flag, and Eagle" skit from It's Always Sunny

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I’mgay

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people who spout the "your vote matters!!!" line are literally mentally ill

the only correct reaction to voting should be to go home and take an extremely long shower

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1059629691374575616

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I like that Steve King is giving an out for all the Reps to point at someone that's not Trump to attack for the horrifying rhetoric of white supremacists

Even though Trump is only like half a hair less bald-faced with it

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

hell yea, brother

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

posadas was right

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:jackbud:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Squizzle posted:

imo the most probable kinda alien probe to encounter would be a voyager type thing

given the distances and the times involved in traversing them plus the difficulty in any return message being sent, the most reasonable purpose to give a probe you throw into the interstellar dust is to be a lil message in a bottle, just a thing to say "we are here, we were here, if you can read this plz know yr light cone is not a lonely one"

im counting pioneer style "welp that mission went well, lets throw the thing outta the solar system and let it wander" probes as basically voyager style, here

tru, tru, it could be some dead probe from times gone by or something. like what voyager will be long after our species is gone. it's the articles suggesting that it's aliens active in our solar system right now that make me call bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Zikan posted:

trump is gonna spend all of election day watching tv

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1059631076472164352

and executive tweetin

• Locked thread