Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
disconnect(kaiserschnitzel);

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

for many people $60 is a significant amount of money

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Not for lawyers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or hard drinkers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I have a friend that kinda blitzes through games so then entire time we played the beta was like, me "hey I'm full I gotta set up a camp to unload", Friend going "what you picking up? I'm over here now and I killed all the things", and then I showed up after all the aluminum and duct tape had been claimed.

I kinda like it more as a single player thing haha.

"Hey let's all just hang out and listen to this audio log for a few minutes"

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Golden Bee posted:

Take me 127.0.0.1

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
oh for christ's sake

Look - don't buy the game. Save your money for a unanimously feted game that earns 10/10 from every review source and comes out at a permanent half-price and comes also with a lifetime subscription to Penny-Pinching Gamers of somethingawful.com Weekly.

Happy?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

no

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Perhaps you should try drinking more

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Today has been a good day of drifting fallout clouds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

oh for christ's sake

Look - don't buy the game. Save your money for a unanimously feted game that earns 10/10 from every review source and comes out at a permanent half-price and comes also with a lifetime subscription to Penny-Pinching Gamers of somethingawful.com Weekly.

Happy?

lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Perhaps you should try drinking more

drinking wont bring back pip boy, who is dead

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
You don't even need to hack. If you want more stuff and monsters to kill just quit that server and join up again and bam everything is back.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I'm not disagreeing with your point; I just don't place a very high personal time-value of money investment meter on $60 when that's less than one night out drinking.

I don't place a very high value on $60 of my money, it's more that I do place a high value on not giving a game developer $60 for making something terrible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

im glad pip boy is dead

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Im gonna pop in the two hour beta to GOTV and convince people to put the videogame down to save our democracy.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

oh for christ's sake

Happy?
Or maybe buy one of the many $60 games that don't have your movement speed tied to your framerate, a game and where you can't disconnect people just by telling the server they sent a disconnect command. Maybe a game that's on Steam.

Nah, there can't be that many games with those impossibly high requirements, right?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Thread got strangely entertaining, so thanks goons!

Edit: also buy what you want, who cares?

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 6, 2018

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Saladin Rising posted:

Or maybe buy one of the many $60 games that don't have your movement speed tied to your framerate, a game and where you can't disconnect people just by telling the server they sent a disconnect command. Maybe a game that's on Steam.

Nah, there can't be that many games with those impossibly high requirements, right?

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

It's $60; you either have it to spend or you don't. You'll get your money's worth out of it, though. I get the feeling that it will get to be a better game about a month into the game and I'd hold off until then if you're REALLY concerned about spending $60 on a new AAA video game.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
nice fallout

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i loving loved pip boy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

i loving loved pip boy

https://youtu.be/nJD7x-nKPTo

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

mormonpartyboat posted:

i loving loved pip boy

HIS NAME IS VAULT BOY!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

oh for christ's sake

Happy?

i want a good game for that lot of money

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Father Wendigo posted:

HIS NAME IS FALLOUT BOY!

:thunk:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hey, hate to interrupt the 'good/bad' argument, but I have a technical question: I can't see to trigger the update patch mentioned earlier, the 30 gig one. My launcher still says I'm using the October 30th build. The patch notes are out, but I'm just confirming: did the patch actually come out yet or will it appear some time in the night?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

HIS NAME IS VAULT BOY!

:thejoke:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Can't help but point out that in the context of four thousand hours of time, the word "sunk" is an understatement.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Bobulus posted:

Hey, hate to interrupt the 'good/bad' argument, but I have a technical question: I can't see to trigger the update patch mentioned earlier, the 30 gig one. My launcher still says I'm using the October 30th build. The patch notes are out, but I'm just confirming: did the patch actually come out yet or will it appear some time in the night?

The patch is out. Try relaunching the Bethesda.net client and clicking on "check got updates" under "game options" at the top left on the Fallout 76 tab.

Edit: I downloaded the patch earlier that and mine still says 0.9.0.15. :shrug:

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 6, 2018

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Those Patch notes don't seem like thirty gigs of patch notes on a 47 gig game.

I played with a few friends Sunday Night and had a little fun, but I'm still glad I canceled my pre order. With this new news of how vulnerable the game is I might pop into the beta tomorrow with Wireshark open just to see what shenanigans might be possible.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

i am harry posted:

Can't help but point out that in the context of four thousand hours of time, the word "sunk" is an understatement.

Just wanted to add that the average work year is sound 2,080 hours.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The patch is out. Try relaunching the Bethesda.net client and clicking on "check got updates" under "game options" at the top left on the Fallout 76 tab.

Edit: I downloaded the patch easier that and mine still says 0.9.0.15. :shrug:

Okay. Maybe it auto-downloaded while I was at work, then. The 0.9.0.15 was what was throwing me. Thanks!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Okay. Maybe it auto-downloaded while I was at work, then. The 0.9.0.15 was what was throwing me. Thanks!

Mine booted up to the log on screen okay. It also seemed to exit to desktop smoother than normal. Good luck to anyone playing tomorrow and Thursday!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I've never created mods for gamebryo games, but I've spent enough time installing tons of mods and getting them to play nice together that I have a decent working understanding of their functionality. I cannot begin to imagine a way that this is rectified within the next 9 days. Or at all, really. Fuckin' lol.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mod it till it crashes, then ship it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There's gotta be a point where they just throw up the private mod enabled server option and just let the community fix the game like they do all the rest of them

I don't see how they're going to fix the game being broken at the base level before launch or after

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
AAA game studio continues to make bulletproof case for anarcho-communism.

Related:
These survival horror mods are well done (Dust and Frost). Dust's sanity system is disturbing.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

There's gotta be a point where they just throw up the private mod enabled server option and just let the community fix the game like they do all the rest of them

I don't see how they're going to fix the game being broken at the base level before launch or after

This game would be pretty fantastic on player-run servers. Especially if they uncapped the paltry 20 player limit.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There are vault boys on both sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Spacedad posted:

This game would be pretty fantastic on player-run servers. Especially if they uncapped the paltry 20 player limit.

a goon server with a tuned and administrated modlist like a minecraft server would make this game unironically great